Today's other games

Guest kingdawson

I think it must get fucking boring being a Man U supporter.  I'd love to see Newcastle this dominant, but there is now a whole generation of Man Utd supporters who don't know anything but winning.  No drama in a season, no real suspense.  Its just a question of how many trophies. 

I hope I live to see them struggle.  Hopefully after Fergie leaves.

Best player I've seen anywhere in the world in my lifetime. F*cking phenomenal footballer.

Gerraway.

What does he have to do man? :lol:

Do you think he's the greatest player you've seen in your lifetime? This isn't taking anything away from him as I think he's class, but I seriously don't know how people can say he's the best in their lifetime. Unless they're 8 years old or something. Which Nut isn't btw. ;)

I don't know why it's a surprising statement. He's got everything. Workrate, pace, skill, can make goals out of nothing, scores goals for fun...awesome player.

Because of some of the players you will have seen due to your age.

And what does Ronaldo lack that means he doesn't deserve to be considered the best?

I'm not getting into whether or not Ronaldo is the best footballer someone has seen, but why is there an almost complete reluctance to credit modern-day players with being the best, or 'a great'? It's always puzzled me. Is the game easier these days?

I don't think it's as good. Certainly not as easy due to more of an emphasis being placed on physicality and fitness today.

Ronaldinho's a great, I will say that much. Despite not being at the high standards he had set for himself. I also believe Messi will go down as a World Great as well.

Let me be perfectly clear. Ronaldo wouldn't get away with that shit in Serie A.

I think both Kaka and Messi are better allround players and better big game players.

That's not an opinion its a FACT.  :razz: :razz:

Best player I've seen anywhere in the world in my lifetime. F*cking phenomenal footballer.

Gerraway.

Do you think he's the greatest player you've seen in your lifetime? This isn't taking anything away from him as I think he's class, but I seriously don't know how people can say he's the best in their lifetime. Unless they're 8 years old or something. Which Nut isn't btw. ;)

I don't know why it's a surprising statement. He's got everything. Workrate, pace, skill, can make goals out of nothing, scores goals for fun...awesome player.

Because of some of the players you will have seen due to your age.

And what does Ronaldo lack that means he doesn't deserve to be considered the best?

Defining performances against the best teams around.

I think it must get fucking boring being a Man U supporter.  I'd love to see Newcastle this dominant, but there is now a whole generation of Man Utd supporters who don't know anything but winning.  No drama in a season, no real suspense.  Its just a question of how many trophies. 

:nods:

Like I said earlier, must be so easy to just turn up, wait for the myriad of quality players to score some goals, then fuck off to the superstore (fuck off Jonny :hmm:). Trophies every other season at most. Yawn.

Gerraway.

Nowhere near as good as some of the recent greats. I remember Zidane running rings around Keane and co in the Champs League, they couldnt get close to him all night, that sort of skill and abilty in every touch is on another planet. Ronaldo here on the other hand, is playing for the domestic champions in the Premiership against a mid table side with average to above average players, and even then hes lost the ball on numerous occassions with poor attempts to beat a man. Good end product and a cheeky goal that should have been easily saved to be fair, but lets not get carried away - hes a very good player, in extremely good form domestically in terms of end product, and is benefitting greatly from being in a team that is firing on all cylinders with numerous players capable of pulling the strings and carrying him when hes playing poorly.

Gerraway.

Nowhere near as good as some of the recent greats. I remember Zidane running rings around Keane and co in the Champs League, they couldnt get close to him all night, that sort of skill and abilty in every touch is on another planet. Ronaldo here on the other hand, is playing for the domestic champions in the Premiership against a mid table side with average to above average players, and even then hes lost the ball on numerous occassions with poor attempts to beat a man. Good end product and a cheeky goal that should have been easily saved to be fair, but lets not get carried away - hes a very good player, in extremely good form domestically in terms of end product, and is benefitting greatly from being in a team that is firing on all cylinders with numerous players capable of pulling the strings and carrying him when hes playing poorly.

One of the greatest things I've ever seen that night was when he absolutely skinned Beckham, without even touching the ball. Was truly mesmorising.

I don't see enough of Messi or Kaka, but they don't seem to be as dominant in their leagues as Ronaldo is in the Premiership.  35 goals for a midfielder is just incredible.  And the Premiership is generally faster and more physical.

Too soon to say "best ever" but best I've seen in the Premiership.

Gerraway.

That is about the strength of it. I think he'd struggle relatively speaking in Serie A, whereas if you put Kaka or Messi in the Man U side they would deliver comparably to Ronaldo.

Gerraway.

That is about the strength of it. I think he'd struggle relatively speaking in Serie A, whereas if you put Kaka or Messi in the Man U side they would deliver comparably to Ronaldo.

Because Messi can't at Barcelona?

I think it must get f****** boring being a Man U supporter.  I'd love to see Newcastle this dominant, but there is now a whole generation of Man Utd supporters who don't know anything but winning.  No drama in a season, no real suspense.  Its just a question of how many trophies. 

Like I said earlier, must be so easy to just turn up, wait for the myriad of quality players to score some goals, then f*** off to the superstore (f*** off Jonny :hmm:). Trophies every other season at most. Yawn.

I could do with 20 easy seasons, as this shite is not very good even though it has "drama & real suspense".

I think it must get f****** boring being a Man U supporter.  I'd love to see Newcastle this dominant, but there is now a whole generation of Man Utd supporters who don't know anything but winning.  No drama in a season, no real suspense.  Its just a question of how many trophies. 

Like I said earlier, must be so easy to just turn up, wait for the myriad of quality players to score some goals, then f*** off to the superstore (f*** off Jonny :hmm:). Trophies every other season at most. Yawn.

I could do with 20 easy seasons, as this shite is not very good even though it has "drama & real suspense".

But at least you care.

Like I said earlier, must be so easy to just turn up, wait for the myriad of quality players to score some goals, then fuck off to the superstore (fuck off Jonny :hmm:). Trophies every other season at most. Yawn.

:lol:

Guest guinness_fiend

Ground emptying rapidly and the Villa fans are singing 'f*** off back to London la la la lah".

Brilliant.

f*** me Brummie even New Labour wouldnt attempt to spin on that game man.

:D

I'm not getting into whether or not Ronaldo is the best footballer someone has seen, but why is there an almost complete reluctance to credit modern-day players with being the best, or 'a great'? It's always puzzled me. Is the game easier these days?

Zidane and Ronaldo (Barca/Inter) are modern-day players and are considered great, as well as others like Figo (who was a better player than ManU's Ronaldo imo).

For many of us, great domestic form is not equal to a great player. Ronaldo needs to vastly improve his general play, effectiveness, and consistency, in the bigger games, to be considered a great player like some of those mentioned above. Right now, hes the best player in the world domestically in terms of end product, but that doesnt mean hes the best player in the world.

I dont understand why people hate Ronaldo anymore, he is the reason football still is alive if you ask me.

Or do we want a bunch of Bullards instead?

People need to grow up and acknowledge him for what he is doing, class player.

How?! :razz:

Gerraway.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

He's a fantastic player and he's definitely on form but terms such as 'great' and 'legendary' are being thrown around too often these days.

I'd say only Zizou and Ronaldo (fatty) could be considered a 'great' if you consider the past 10 or so years of football.

But tbf, perceptions will always change and probably 10 years from now we'll be laughing at the fact that there was even a debate about this. I can't believe he's still only 23!

Right now, hes the best player in the world domestically in terms of end product, but that doesnt mean hes the best player in the world.

What's do you base your judgement around then?

Woops, fucked that up a tad.