Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 08/03/08 - post match reaction from page 21

James

It was an insane appointment, and it's becoming more and more obvious every bloody week.  I know he didn't set us back, but he's not going to take us on much further, with or without the cash.  A top class manager would need tens of millions to get us back up 'there', Keegan will need hundreds of millions.  Any half decent manager (and let me be clear Keegan USED to be a great manager) would be getting a team to perform to a respectable level.  The old favourite, O'Neill for example.

You're judging Keegan on the performance of players who have been shit for most of the season.

Would have cheered me up a very small amount if that Martins shot had gone in.

Would have made my night if it had gone in, tbh. (coupled with the opposition winning big in the latest general election...)

We wouldn't be in this mess if we'd beaten Wigan, Reading, Derby, Derby again, sunderland and Man City at home. That's Allardyce's fault. We always said that losing those easy points would cost us big time after Christmas.

Even 3 or 4 points from those games would have had our heads well above water.

We wouldn't be in this mess if we'd beaten Wigan, Reading, Derby, Derby again, sunderland and Man City at home. That's Allardyce's fault. We always said that losing those easy points would cost us big time after Christmas.

Very true. It was much discussed on here that our first half of the season was noticably easier than the second.

Guest toonlass

Yup, totally agree Wullie, but our morale, both of the players and the fans is rock bottom. Sam managed to shatter any confidence we had by the awful negative shite he played at the likes of Derby, Wigan etc.

Very true. It was much discussed on here that our first half of the season was noticably easier than the second.

:nods:

Doesn't change the fact that we sacked the manager in an attempt to improve the results though.

Spurs were rightly criticised for their handling of it, but they brought in a top class, consistently successful in many competitions from a foreign club on a similar level to them. They stuck at it and got their man and are now reaping the rewards.

We should have put similar effort in or even just gone for someone like Deschamps, who is a decent manager and far more up to date with the modern game than Keegan is. Why didn't we even try for the likes of Mourinho etc?

Exactly. And this is what we called for throughout the years of Souness and Rouder, but quickly forgotten on this forum when Keegan came into the picture. But it's not just Keegan's ineptitude that got us in trouble, it's also a bunch of players who don't give a damn. Though I very much doubt Keegan's got the balls to turn that around.   

Got us in trouble?  You fucking idiot, we were in trouble before he got here!  We were 9 points off relegation thrashed 6:0 and staring down the barrel of five games against the top five teams in the league in the following eight matches!  With the other three games being a local derby against the smogs, blackburn and Bolton a team who were always going to stick 11 players behind the balls and defend for there lives.  How on gods fucked up earth did you not see this coming?  :idiot2:

It was an insane appointment, and it's becoming more and more obvious every bloody week.  I know he didn't set us back, but he's not going to take us on much further, with or without the cash.  A top class manager would need tens of millions to get us back up 'there', Keegan will need hundreds of millions.  Any half decent manager (and let me be clear Keegan USED to be a great manager) would be getting a team to perform to a respectable level.  The old favourite, O'Neill for example.

You're judging Keegan on the performance of players who have been s*** for most of the season.

In probably our most lopsided premiership season ever. The first half of our season was packed full of winnable fixtures and Fat Blobby B****** Sam failed to take any advantage of them.

Would have cheered me up a very small amount if that Martins shot had gone in.

That deserved a goal. Would have been a rare highlight from this season as well.

Insane attempt.

Would have been nice to have an entry to goal of the season seeing as nearly all of them are going to be against us.

Guest LucaAltieri

Spurs were rightly criticised for their handling of it, but they brought in a top class, consistently successful in many competitions from a foreign club on a similar level to them. They stuck at it and got their man and are now reaping the rewards.

We should have put similar effort in or even just gone for someone like Deschamps, who is a decent manager and far more up to date with the modern game than Keegan is. Why didn't we even try for the likes of Mourinho etc?

Exactly. And this is what we called for throughout the years of Souness and Rouder, but quickly forgotten on this forum when Keegan came into the picture. But it's not just Keegan's ineptitude that got us in trouble, it's also a bunch of players who don't give a damn. Though I very much doubt Keegan's got the balls to turn that around.   

Got us in trouble?  You fucking idiot, we were in trouble before he got here!  We were 9 points off relegation thrashed 6:0 and staring down the barrel of five games against the top five teams in the league in the following eight matches!  With the other three games being a local derby against the smogs, blackburn and Bolton a team who were always going to stick 11 players behind the balls and defend for there lives.  How on gods fucked up earth did you not see this coming?  :idiot2:

:thup:

We all saw this coming. That's half the reason Allardyce got the boot. There have been some encouraging points to take out of the last run of games, but today definitely didn't have any. For me, our next game is make or break. It will set the tone for how we end the season. A well-earned point or a fortunate victory are the only acceptable results. If we play like we did today then it really is time to start worrying.

It was an insane appointment, and it's becoming more and more obvious every bloody week. I know he didn't set us back, but he's not going to take us on much further, with or without the cash. A top class manager would need tens of millions to get us back up 'there', Keegan will need hundreds of millions. Any half decent manager (and let me be clear Keegan USED to be a great manager) would be getting a team to perform to a respectable level. The old favourite, O'Neill for example.

You're judging Keegan on the performance of players who have been shit for most of the season.

It's his job to motivate them. Which we all said, yourself included, of the likes of Souness, Roeder and Allardyce.  I mean, wasn't that supposed to be what he's actually good at? 

Fucking hell. Am I the only one who doesn't remember too many people saying that we'd only have 2 points from Keegan's first 7 league games?

Did I miss something?

Keegan needs to forget about Smith, Butt, Duff and Barton.  These players have got us where we are and they show no sign of getting us out of it, the centre of our midfield is shite.

Blame the defence for the goals but the central midfileders let them walk through them again and that's what has been happening all season, they are as weak as piss.

Well it's out of the way

Our season starts now!  If Keegan persists with Smith & Butt and we do go down! It falls on his shoulders i'm afraid.

Got to hope Bolton and Fulham screw up badly otherwise we could be in the wilderness for years, as I think Ashley would sell up if we do go down.

It's his job to motivate them.  Which we all said, yourself included, of the likes of Souness, Roeder and Allardyce.  I mean, wasn't that supposed to be what he's actually good at? 

Of course it's his job to motivate them, I don't see a problem with motivation, I see certain players who are not good enough, I blame Keegan for repeatedly picking the same shit week after week, one shit player is a handicap, three or four isn't giving us a chance.

f****** hell. Am I the only one who doesn't remember too many people saying that we'd only have 2 points from Keegan's first 7 league games?

Did I miss something?

I don't remember too many thinking we'd get anything at all from 6 of the eight games we've played under him, so he's being judged on two games then correct?  One of those games only 24 hours after he came in..

Well it's out of the way

Our season starts now!  If Keegan persists with Smith & Butt and we do go down! It falls on his shoulders i'm afraid.

Got to hope Bolton and Fulham screw up badly otherwise we could be in the wilderness for years, as I think Ashley would sell up if we do go down.

Sell up to whom? I don't think there'd be many takers.

I hope this Diatta bloke is any good, get him in or get Cacapa in, we need big Faye in the centre of that midfield to give us some steel in there as well as someone who might be able to pass a fucking ball. Nicky Butt is a massive liability in every game.

Guest LucaAltieri

I hope this Diatta bloke is any good, get him in or get Cacapa in, we need big Faye in the centre of that midfield to give us some steel in there as well as someone who might be able to pass a fucking ball. Nicky Butt is a massive liability in every game.

If there's one thing that we learned today it's that we need Faye at the back.