FA Cup magic is back!

biggs

Great shot in the arm for the FA cup this weekend imho ,teams who most years who go out just to make up the numbers are kicking premiership ass and all the lower clubs fans now have a dream that this will be there year and best of look to them .Even if Pompey win the cup it will be great for football as the so called untouchables know they have to fight for everything .Millionaire footballers how much do they hurt after a defeat with wembley a kick away .No its the fans that hurt who have to live with the jibes from workmates,pals and read the tabloids the next day .THANKS TO THE TEAMS AND MANAGERS WHO ARE LIVING THE DREAM WE SALUTE YOU.

Great shot in the arm for the FA cup this weekend imho ,teams who most years who go out just to make up the numbers are kicking premiership ass and all the lower clubs fans now have a dream that this will be there year and best of look to them .Even if Pompey win the cup it will be great for football as the so called untouchables know they have to fight for everything .Millionaire footballers how much do they hurt after a defeat with wembley a kick away .No its the fans that hurt who have to live with the jibes from workmates,pals and read the tabloids the next day .THANKS TO THE TEAMS AND MANAGERS WHO ARE LIVING THE DREAM WE SALUTE YOU.

Yes was memorable weekend for the FA Cup.

Would like Barnsley to win it, think they deserve too.

Would hate for Portsmouth to win it, and have Arry twitching like someone who's got a double dose of tourettes.

Guest Phil K

What made me laugh this morning listening to 5live was pompous Man U fans and genuine Chelsea and Arsenal fans contributions to the discussion.

The Chelski and Arsey fans were full of praise for the "lesser" teams and their fans while the Man U w@nkers lived up to type. (The worst example was astonishingly from Manchester !!)

Guest optimistic nit

west brom could give pompey a real game imo, as could barnsley come to that. pompey have been far from on form in the cup, against plymouth and preston good examples. they may pull their finger out now, but if they draw either west brom or barnsley, i think west broms talent or barnsley's momentum could cause real problems for them, but i think they'd probably see cardiff off.

barnsley vs cardiff and pompey vs brom please.

Particularly funny to see the smogs humiliated. Both team and fans were a disgrace to their club. Poor performance on the field and off it. Crowd booing throughout.

Oh how i hate them and their "cheer up Kevin Keegan" s**t.

Back on topic however, it's refreshing to see some under-dogs in the semis/final. Beyond the wildest dreams of most of their fans no doubt.

whats the best odds on Barnsley at the minute?  I'm having a tenner on them and out of the 4, want them to win it.  For beating both Liverpool and Chelsea they deserve it, and theres a Barnsley nut on my course.

So jealous of Pompey though.  5 years ago they were playing in what was division 1.  Now they're beating us, having higher prem finishes than us, and in with a shout of winning the FA Cup.

Newcastle meanwhile, continue to be mediocre, blowing their slim hopes of winning a cup (Lisbon, drawing either Arsenal or Chelsea) and now find themselves in a relegation dogfight.

Is there only me that finds it ridiculous that Cardiff won't go into the UEFA cup if they win the FA cup because of which FA they represent? It basically means if they were to come up they have nothing to build towards many years down the line if they can't qualify for Europe.

Guest nufc_geordie

I think more than anything what the FA Cup has highlighted this year is that the top flight players (a) have it too easy and (b) are in the majority motivated by money. It's been coming for a while now and this year has been brilliant. The likes of Barnsley grafted and fought whilst others like Liverpool, Chelsea, Boro couldn't perform when it mattered. They were essentially outworked by more motivated players, not neccessarily better players.

Is there only me that finds it ridiculous that Cardiff won't go into the UEFA cup if they win the FA cup because of which FA they represent? It basically means if they were to come up they have nothing to build towards many years down the line if they can't qualify for Europe.

I didn't know that. That's crazy.

It might sound like a stupid question, but who isn't envious of Portsmouth's position in the semis?

I'm glad it's not us; I don't think I could bear the tension.

Just imagine all that stood in our way was West Brom and Cardiff/Barnsley to a cup. I don't think I could take it if we blew it.

Great stuff.

I can still hear the laughter at keegans press conference by the manure supporting cockneys when he said the clubs outside the "big 4" could win the domestic cups.

Awesome in fact.

I didn't know that. That's crazy.

a mate of mine is a Taff and a Cardiff supporter, obviously. Rather than a manure fan .......

They have not played in the Welsh Cup for years, so there is no grounds whatsoever for denying them entry into the UEFA Cup if they win the FA Cup.