Keegan will have £100M to spend

thedudeabides

Guest float one in

In theory I'd be ectsatic with a 30-40 mil spend in the summer, as I'm confident Keegan would be able to make some drastic improvements to the squad with that money, and we'd see a dramatically different level of performance from the first team (even if he only sgns 4 players with that money). Haven't got a clue as to what players are available, or which one's he might have his eye on mind.

:lol: I knew I'd get proved wrong. Chelsea spent around 140 million in 2005. Still, they are very much a uinque case.

They're a club owned by a billionaire, Newcastle are a club owned by a billionaire...

:lol: I knew I'd get proved wrong. Chelsea spent around 140 million in 2005. Still, they are very much a uinque case.

They're a club owned by a billionaire, Newcastle are a club owned by a billionaire...

Abramovich has a net worth of 18.7bln while Ashley has a net worth of 2.0bln.

We have a poor billionaire O0

Guest NickR

So you're saying 2 billion isn't a huge amount? Ashley obviously thinks we are a serious long term investment. 100 mill is a very possible outlay this summer in my opinion.

So you're saying 2 billion isn't a huge amount? Ashley obviously thinks we are a serious long term investment. 100 mill is a very possible outlay this summer in my opinion.

And it's not THAT much at the top end, these days.

Guest wheatley74

THE INTEREST FROM ASHLEYS BANK ACCOUNT COULD BUY NIALL QUINN OUT OF SUNDERLAND. HA HA HA. HOW MUCH DID THE CLUB COST £10 MILLION. PENNIES TO ASHLEY. HE SHOULD BUY THE CLUB, DEMOLISH THE STADIUM AND BUILD A BIG SPORTS DIRECT LTD ON IT WITH A FEW 100,000 APARTMENTS, NICE FEVIEW OUT TO THE WEAR.

WE NEED TO GET OFF THE CRAP WE HAVE AT NEWCASTLE, BEFORE WE BUY, THERES NO POINT IN BUYING GOOD AND JUST DUMPING ON THE CRAP WEVE GOT. WE NEED A NEW PLAYER FOR EVERY POSITION.

IE CUDINCINI, GLEN JOHNSON, SENDOROS, BROWN, RIISSE, BENTLEY, HUDDLESTONE, SCHOLES (34 NOW FERGIE NEEDS NEW BREED), DOWNING/PEDERSEN, ASHTON, BARNES. THATS A GOOD SIDE FOR US NEXT SEASON. DONT YOU THINK?

GET RID :- HARPER, CARR, CASCAPA, RAMAGE, BUTT, GEREMI, DUFF, AMEOBI, VIDUKA, SMITH.

11 IN 11 OUT. COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we'll be laughin when Ronaldo, Kaka and Ronaldinho transform our midfield next season.

Owen Martins

Ronaldo Kaka Ronaldinho Smith

Enrique Cacapa Taylor Beye

Krul

THE INTEREST FROM ASHLEYS BANK ACCOUNT COULD BUY NIALL QUINN OUT OF SUNDERLAND. HA HA HA. HOW MUCH DID THE CLUB COST £10 MILLION. PENNIES TO ASHLEY. HE SHOULD BUY THE CLUB, DEMOLISH THE STADIUM AND BUILD A BIG SPORTS DIRECT LTD ON IT WITH A FEW 100,000 APARTMENTS, NICE FEVIEW OUT TO THE WEAR.

WE NEED TO GET OFF THE CRAP WE HAVE AT NEWCASTLE, BEFORE WE BUY, THERES NO POINT IN BUYING GOOD AND JUST DUMPING ON THE CRAP WEVE GOT. WE NEED A NEW PLAYER FOR EVERY POSITION.

IE CUDINCINI, GLEN JOHNSON, SENDOROS, BROWN, RIISSE, BENTLEY, HUDDLESTONE, SCHOLES (34 NOW FERGIE NEEDS NEW BREED), DOWNING/PEDERSEN, ASHTON, BARNES. THATS A GOOD SIDE FOR US NEXT SEASON. DONT YOU THINK?

GET RID :- HARPER, CARR, CASCAPA, RAMAGE, BUTT, GEREMI, DUFF, AMEOBI, VIDUKA, SMITH.

Fucking hell!

Guest float one in

If by transform the side you mean have them playing in a way that is unrecogniseable from what we've seen this season and pushing for a UEFA spot, then I think KK needs 3 or 4 new first team players and a full pre-season with the whole squad. Around 30 million should do that, in my opinion. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less, depending what payers will be available and the state of the market. Assuming Stroller goes, I don't think we should sell more than 2-3 more. I think very few, if any at all, of our first team squad are going to be playing at the Euros, which will help with the pre-season.

What a plank.

Posted elsewhere, but anywho...

My boss knows Mike (and that ex Spurs guy Paul Kemplsey (sp) through a mutal friend - I've seen photos of them on nights out so that bit at least is true. He's a manc with no reason to make stuff up about the toon.....

Keegan has '£100m to spend in the summer', but Mikes actual thinking is that there is no limit and £100m is just a figure to use in conversations.

Deco was approached in Jan for either a loan deal then or permanent in the summer - he turned both down although the summer deal may be of interest if we make big signings first.

Mike bought us primarly for brand extension - he reckons its more cost effective to own a club for ten years than to sponsor the likes of Blackburn over a similar timeframe.

Sports Direct or any other of his brands will not be on our shirts as a first choice. The aim is to replace Northern Rock with another third party, Adidas is likely to stay for now. However if decent deals can't be made then we may get a Lonsdale shirt etc.

A bit ITKish I know, but just passing on what I've been told

Our first signing should be Lennon, if there's truth to the rumours about Ramos being prepared to let him go in the Summer, provided that Mort and Ashley deliver on whatever assurances that were presented to Keegan prior to KK signing on the dotted line.

We need somebody who can scare the shit out of defenders, a winger who can get to the by-lines and cut it back into the box, and he is a different player to the dribbling & long-shooting N'Zogbia. Although both have quality about them on the ball as pure 'ball-carrying' wingers the subtle variations in both players' repetoires would make an ideal left-right punch out on the wings. Of course keeping NZogbia on the books is key, provided the damage incurred by McKay - as N'Zogbia's cheif head turner -  can't be reversed.

Keegan employs his central midfielders to crash the box - ie. to look for shooting opportunities - and Lennon fits the bill perfectly as a player who can supply the sort of low/direct cut-back balls i'm talking about. Lennon has the tools in his armory that would contribute to the transformation of this side imo.

Our first signing should be Lennon, if there's truth to the rumours about Ramos being prepared to let him go in the Summer, provided that Mort and Ashley deliver on whatever assurances that were presented to Keegan prior to KK signing on the dotted line.

We need somebody who can scare the s*** out of defenders, a winger who can get to the by-lines and cut it back into the box, and he is a different player to the dribbling & long-shooting N'Zogbia. Although both have quality about them on the ball as pure 'ball-carrying' wingers the subtle variations in both players' repetoires would make an ideal left-right punch out on the wings. Of course keeping NZogbia on the books is key, provided the damage incurred by McKay - as N'Zogbia's cheif head turner -  can't be reversed.

Keegan employs his central midfielders to crash the box - ie. to look for shooting opportunities - and Lennon fits the bill perfectly as a player who can supply the sort of low/direct cut-back balls i'm talking about. Lennon has the tools in his armory that would contribute to the transformation of this side imo.

Depending on which source says it, SGE is interested to the tune of £12m, £14m or £16m.  The one thing they're all agreed on is that if the right offer comes in and we can buy a suitable replacement Lennon can go.  At some stage he will learn how to cross a ball but it depends on how long you're prepared to wait for that.

Guest diddimz

thats  absolutely stupid, youre only getting shot of 10 not 11