Old Shola thread. Please ignore.

lovejoy

Yet another 6 foot 4 striker for Stoke, what a stupid team they are.

I hope Shola does well but I am dissapointed he couldn't join a better team than Stoke.

All they do is lump it up to their tall and burly frontline of 6 foot 4 strikers.

Ironically, I believe this is what Shola is worst at as all he does is foul the defender when he goes up for the ball in these situations. I think he is actually better when it is played into his feet although his first touch will let him down at times.

I thought after his couple of seasons playing with an injury that a good run in the team when he regained full fitness would be the time to judge to him.

But, I was at Derby County to witness a performance from him that was as woeful as any I've seen in a B&W shirt. The years of training and playing with the best striker the Premiership has seen have been totally wasted on Shola Ameobi.

Guest MagicNumber9

Good luck Shola, I think given a good run of games under his belt he'll do well in the Championship....

Good luck Shola, I think given a good run of games under his belt he'll do well in the Championship....

If he stays at Stoke, chances are he'll only get six games in the Championship.

I thought after his couple of seasons playing with an injury that a good run in the team when he regained full fitness would be the time to judge to him.

But, I was at Derby County to witness a performance from him that was as woeful as any I've seen in a B&W shirt. The years of training and playing with the best striker the Premiership has seen have been totally wasted on Shola Ameobi.

Have to agree that Derby away game was Ameobi's big chance to shine, he failed and a younger player deserves his place in the squad, he's 26 past being a promising player for the future.

Best for all concerned tbh.  :thup:

Has never been good enough to hold down a regular spot, for a prolonged period of time, up here so he may as well try his luck elsewhere. If he does well at Stoke they'll probably make a bid for him in the summer. :)

Guest The Libertine

thank the lord. if i never see him playing for us again, i'll die happy.

my least favourite newcastle player of all time btw.