Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

I don't get this team player business at all to be honest. N'Zogbia hasn't struck me as a selfish player or somebody who doesn't track back or doesn't help his teammates. Sure, he will sometimes attempt to shoot when he could pass the ball, but he has actually scored a few vital goals that way this season, and other than him we lack the threath of shots from outside of the box (on target that is). Is he being villified for this? I sincerely hope Zoggy doesn´t take this the wrong way, as I think we would be mistaken that none of the bigger teams are interested and this actually puts him in the shop window at a discount imho. I have no doubt a manager like Wenger would have N´Zogbia play to his strengths (i.e. not in a defensive position) and he could be exactly what he few teams need (Spurs being another). I don´t understand why we keep playing one of our brightest talents out of position, occasionaly openly critisising him. It´s no surprise that this agreement about his lack of team play (whatever that is) coincides with a run of good results in a system and with a team that he wasn´t a part of. If we were going to go 442 next season, which a lot of people seem to think, N´Zogbia would be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

He's not a team player.

He's always running down blind alleys and giving the ball away in the process.

Dyer was better at what N'Zogbia thinks he's best at.

Funny, because they way I see it he has been putting in our most dangerous crosses this season, and that was playing as a left back. Also, in the first half of the season he was one of the very few players capable of scoring or creating a goal even though he was out of position. He takes chances, hence he may lose the ball more often than some of our more mediocre players who don't and he isn´t as consistent yet as you would want, but I thought we had said goodbye to percentage football and welcomed a more attacking, flair style of play? It's funny how a few good results without him in the team and a few articles about doubts over his future seem to have affected how he is perceived as a footballer. For me, he is still one of the first names on the teamsheet. He is still young and learning and more importantly, he is a confidence player, so he should perhaps most of our bunch of players profit from Keegan's approach.

At left back, he got tonnes of space provided for him by Milner to do his attacking work, but was a complete liability defensively.

If he wants to go then let him go. :hmm:

Why would Arsenal want him anyway? (Apart from being black and French!) Since when has Wenger started buying wingers?

perhaps wenger mightened see him as a winger

Has anyone got photographic proof of N'Zogbia smiling? I can't remember ever seeing him smile.

I'd love to know where N'Zogbia and his arsehole agent thought N'Zogbia was going to go in January. There has never been a serious effort made to buy him by other clubs that we know of.

I like N'Zogbia as a player but he needs to make some big decisions.

Has anyone got photographic proof of N'Zogbia smiling? I can't remember ever seeing him smile.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/645/44133422charlespa300wg5.jpg

Be quiet or you'll scare him away.

He's about to sneeze.

He's about to sneeze.

:lol:

I don't get this team player business at all to be honest. N'Zogbia hasn't struck me as a selfish player or somebody who doesn't track back or doesn't help his teammates. Sure, he will sometimes attempt to shoot when he could pass the ball, but he has actually scored a few vital goals that way this season, and other than him we lack the threath of shots from outside of the box (on target that is). Is he being villified for this? I sincerely hope Zoggy doesn´t take this the wrong way, as I think we would be mistaken that none of the bigger teams are interested and this actually puts him in the shop window at a discount imho. I have no doubt a manager like Wenger would have N´Zogbia play to his strengths (i.e. not in a defensive position) and he could be exactly what he few teams need (Spurs being another). I don´t understand why we keep playing one of our brightest talents out of position, occasionaly openly critisising him. It´s no surprise that this agreement about his lack of team play (whatever that is) coincides with a run of good results in a system and with a team that he wasn´t a part of. If we were going to go 442 next season, which a lot of people seem to think, N´Zogbia would be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

He's not a team player.

Funny, because they way I see it he has been putting in our most dangerous crosses this season, and that was playing as a left back. Also, in the first half of the season he was one of the very few players capable of scoring or creating a goal even though he was out of position. He takes chances, hence he may lose the ball more often than some of our more mediocre players who don't and he isn´t as consistent yet as you would want, but I thought we had said goodbye to percentage football and welcomed a more attacking, flair style of play? It's funny how a few good results without him in the team and a few articles about doubts over his future seem to have affected how he is perceived as a footballer. For me, he is still one of the first names on the teamsheet. He is still young and learning and more importantly, he is a confidence player, so he should perhaps most of our bunch of players profit from Keegan's approach.

At left back, he got tonnes of space provided for him by Milner to do his attacking work, but was a complete liability defensively.

So tell me, which of our other non-left-back-attacking-midfielders would have done a much better job out of position? Hypothetically, would you say no to C. Ronaldo because he would constitute a liability if played in central defense? He's our best winger and arguably our best attacking midfielder at this point in time. To not get the lad playing at his potential for us would be criminal.

This answer to this thread is really simple and has already been confirmed by Keegan:

-If he wants to go, then at the right price only!

-If he wants to stay, then it's time to buckle down and win your place in the team.

He's not a team player.

So tell me, which of our other non-left-back-attacking-midfielders would have done a much better job out of position? Hypothetically, would you say no to C. Ronaldo because he would constitute a liability if played in central defense? He's our best winger and arguably our best attacking midfielder at this point in time. To not get the lad playing at his potential for us would be criminal.

Any attacking midfielder with a left foot that is better than N'Zogbia, as offensively they'd be given just as much time and space on the ball as Zog got and use it even better, while defensively they'd be equally liable.

He's not a team player.

Any attacking midfielder with a left foot that is better than N'Zogbia, as offensively they'd be given just as much time and space on the ball as Zog got and use it even better, while defensively they'd be equally liable.

mackems.gif :crazy2:

He's not a team player.

no

To be fair, he offers f*** all, a very overated player, been s**** for 2 years now.

Boon on a constant downer since we signed Duff, showed no loyalty, I really do hope we agree to sell him but only abroad.

Really don't understand why people rate him, good dribbler, but that is very rare, usually he just runs around like a headless chicken, Dyer was far better at the same age.

Really don't understand why people rate him, good dribbler, but that is very rare, usually he just runs around like a headless chicken, Dyer was far better at the same age.

So what if Dyer was better at the same age? Dyer's downfall was his fitness. If he could have stayed fit and performed to his potential he probably wouldn't have been at a midtable team now. All that matters is that he is still young and he is already one of our better players as far as I am concerned. Where is all this criticism coming from? He's been one of only very few bright sparks so far in a very dire season bar the last 4 games, in which he hasn't featured. Surely he deseves a proper chance under the new manager and I was actually under the impression that Keegan was something of a man manager/motivator so is it unreasonable to assume he might come good?