Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

Couldn't disagree more.

Sure, Geremi can hit a ball. But he can't beat a man. He's got little pace and even less skill. He's got a great workrate and a great right foot, but that's about all he is for me.

Geremi is playing better since he came back from the ACN, but since he was playing so terribly to start with that's hardly anything to get excited about. Considering the improvement Geremi has made under Keegan, I'd be keen to see what improvements Milner can make under him before I start saying that Geremi is now a better player than Milner.

Before Keegan arrived we won more games with Geremi than without, even when he looked poor we won more with him than without.

He started nearly all of our games so I'm not surprised we won more with him than without. Anyway, I still don't rate him as a player. We need someone in midfield who can beat a man and has a bit of pace.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/80433824.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933B836CAF14D5D5C8DF7694CA70C704BCE30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/80433827.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933B836CAF14D5D5C8AFB7932080D1EDE5E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/80433825.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933B836CAF14D5D5C8C9BE9CB1CA5A6B92E30A760B0D811297

:smitten:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=318829

Flat mate sent me that thread link at 1-0 down, enjoyable reading the first 2 pages now if nothing else

jesus, there's a lad on there with a picture of roy keane in a MAN U top as his avatar, says it all about that lot like, thick cunts

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6894/80433349fd5.jpg

[/img]

Brilliant to see them all involved in the celebrations. :smitten:

not ashamed to say i felt a pang of emotion after reading that dave, its so, so true, we actually look like a football club again

absolutely delighted for everyone involved today, especially keegan, hughton, ashley, barton and oba

well done lads

edit - i also think its very promising and indicitave of the spirit kk has put into the squad that the last two times we've gone behind in games we've come back to get something out of it

I like Martins, but you know he's scored 1 goal in our last 20 games?

Doesn't quite deserve the  :smitten:

agreed to a point....but what about his last 20 for us,as opposed to the clubs last 20 ?

How many of the last 20 has he missed through the African Nations Cup & injury?

agreed to a point....but what about his last 20 for us,as opposed to the clubs last 20 ?

He's got 5 in his last 20.

Owen has that in his last 8.

I love to see them both play, but I can't understand the Oba-love, and the Owen-hate.

How petty.

I love to see them both play, but I can't understand the Oba-love, and the Owen-hate.

He started nearly all of our games so I'm not surprised we won more with him than without. Anyway, I still don't rate him as a player. We need someone in midfield who can beat a man and has a bit of pace.

He hasn't started nearly all of our games, he's hardly played between Derby at home and Birmingham away.

Spurs fans whinging about Ramos on 606. :lol:

They are thick as pig shit. They were saying how Jol got them to 5th 2 seasons in a row and Ramos now has them where they are, even though it was Jol who took them into the bottom 5.

Its not like he's got to play up front in his last 20 though.  I think the Owen hate, justified or not, comes from how long we've had to wait for this sort of form from him.

Guest f***thepress

How many starts has he had in those games as opposed to Owen?

How many of these games has he played in? You sound like that twat with Andy Gray "ooh he's never scored since December though,  conveniently forgetting that he was in Africa and then out injured.

Could it be that he's made a tad of a difference since he came back?

How petty.

You can't see why the general concensus is Martins > Owen? (If that is even the case) ???

Quite clear imo.

Martins was exciting, cultured, different, new number 9 and all that shizz so immediately had a decent following and a lot of excitement/hope surrounding him. Similarly to Owen but for different reasons. They both came with a lot of hype/excitement.

Martins being the one that's actually produced.

How petty.

Owen has 6 in his last 20, you can manipulate stats however you like.

As for people bashing Owen, I don't think you see all that much of it now but most people were on his case for him playing one less game for England than he did for Newcastle in the first 2 years of his time here, not his fault I know but you can't expect everyone to shrug their shoulders to such things.

Some like Owen and some like Martins, each to their own as far as I'm concerned but to question someone posting a smilie is pathetic.

He won the free-kick for our second goal, was behind our third and scored the fourth. Got to be worth some sort of :smitten: if you ask me.