Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

Our three midfielders aren't the most popular of our players, but I'd say that their passing has become very progressive. There are still sideways passes, but the ball is played so that players can run on to the ball rather than have to twist and turn to get the ball moving forward again.

I've been impressed with them three and Martins and Enrique so far.

Less impressed with Faye, Taylor and Viduka.

Guest Snak9r

Problem is we're playing deeper than Spurs. Therefore, our midfield don't have much options and can't move the ball up front quicker.

1-1 is a fair reflection on the game so far tbh. Woodgate has decided to pick today as the day he'll have a mare. 3 Up top has NEVER EVER worked for us and im 85% sure you lot will go on and win this.

WTF bluelaugh.gif How did you get to your 85% mark.

Scored at the perfect opportunity.

We have to build on this in the second half. Go out positively and don't give them as much respect.

There will be chances and we can win this.

Will be well chuffed if we do.

Makes you realise just how shit Allardyce was that it seems like such a big deal that we've gone behind and not then crumbled completely.

There's actually a bit of pride in watching us again. We're not there yet, but at least we're trying to actually play football again.

Guest nufc222

The commentator on my stream loves Dawson so much it is amusing.

Any one else been hearing it. Keeps talking abut his smile  :laugh:

I think 1-1 is a fair reflection. We are the better team but when Spurs have got it they do look more dangerous.

Would be delighted with a point however firmly expect Spurs to score next unfortunately

Nice to finish to an entertaining half.

Beye and Enrique need to get to the byline more or start cutting inside and linking up with the midfield, we've lost a lot of possession from them pumping aimless long balls into the box from just inside Tottenham's half.

No doubt we can win this if our passing and movement is a little sharper, i'd switch Viduka into the deep role and have Owen up top.

I think Enrique while he doesn't get to the byline to whip in crosses does cut in alot or look to find a man with a ball to feet, would agree that Beye does hoof the ball in alot from deep would like to see him use his pace more to beat his man.

Nice finish to an entertaining half.

Beye and Enrique need to get to the byline more or start cutting inside and linking up with the midfield, we've lost a lot of possession from them pumping aimless long balls into the box from just inside Tottenham's half.

No doubt we can win this if our passing and movement is a little sharper, i'd switch Viduka into the deep role and have Owen up top.

That's the way I see it so far, we've been quite good passing but it's just that last pass we're missing, Viduka would be the player I'd take off as he'd doing very little, when the ball comes to him up front he just plays it away from the Spurs goal, he hasn't even tried to turn anybosy so far.  Having said that, Viduka will probably score the winner now.

Makes you realise just how shit Allardyce was that it seems like such a big deal that we've gone behind and not then crumbled completely.

There's actually a bit of pride in watching us again. We're not there yet, but at least we're trying to actually play football again.

Every match that passes, you can't help but learn more and more about Allardyce.