Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 4 Newcastle - 30/03/08 - post match reaction from page 25

James

tbh wasn't expecting anything from this game. as long as we beat Reading we'll be fine.

I'm not so sure. A win from this, and another win in the next couple of games and I'd say we'll be OK, but even then not 100% safe.

Not 100% safe??? So bolton are going to win 4 out of 6 games?

It could happen. The only time I'll be happy is when its mathematically impossible for us to go down. Football is a strange game, these things can happen. I'm the sort of person who'll only be truly happy with things when they're for definite, confirmed, real.

reminds me of the first half against birmingham, even though we'd had some okayish possession passing, once we get about 40 yards from their goal we hit a brick a wall, cos we've got no options for passing wide and owen is simply not creative enough to sculpt an opening out of such a congested central area. couple that with spurs being far better than birmingham and slicing us open a few times, i think we need to change something around, maybe put martins out wide and revert to 4-4-2.

Is there anyone in this thread that also thinks we're playing well (bar set pieces) and were unlucky to give up a good goal?

Me.

Me too. Owen is struggling to get involved though as people were saying he might agsint the better teams.

Is there anyone in this thread that also thinks we're playing well (bar set pieces) and were unlucky to give up a good goal?

It's certainly not as bad as some are making out in this thread. I think some of you are only happy when we are losing so you can have a good moan.

Guest dr_football

yes we are playing forward much better than before! but i am not too sure about our defending ...

It's certainly not as bad as some are making out in this thread. I think some of you are only happy when we are losing so you can have a good moan.

No we're definitely still in it.