Reading (H) Pre-Match thread

ShearMagic

For anyone in Ireland, the match is on live on Setanta :thup:

I no,delighted,cant wait!The following game is  on Setanta against Portsmouth I think as well and the Sunderland  match the week after on sky

Great isnt it :smitten:

Havent been used to Setanta Ireland all season though, we were in the pub for the Bolton game at the start of the season, it wasnt on Setanta even though i thought it was, so we sat watching SSN, i get home and realise theres a different Setanta for Ireland and it was on it! Both of which are on satellite over here.

For anyone in Ireland, the match is on live on Setanta :thup:

I no,delighted,cant wait!The following game is  on Setanta against Portsmouth I think as well and the Sunderland  match the week after on sky

Great isnt it :smitten:

Havent been used to Setanta Ireland all season though, we were in the pub for the Bolton game at the start of the season, it wasnt on Setanta even though i thought it was, so we sat watching SSN, i get home and realise theres a different Setanta for Ireland and it was on it! Both of which are on satellite over here.

It sure is bud,freaking better win  though!

Still a bit nervy about this one, I know for sure I will be attacked for saying this though. I don't think we'll be relegated but on the other hand by no means do I class this game as a definite win for us. Still think we'll beat them though.

1 or 2-0.

All about the well-timed goals again for me. Viduka's early opener against Fulham was essential, and Butt's equaliser was timed to perfection right at the end of the first half of the Spurs match. Both were huge confidence boosters.

Still a bit nervy about this one, I know for sure I will be attacked for saying this though. I don't think we'll be relegated but on the other hand by no means do I class this game as a definite win for us. Still think we'll beat them though.

1 or 2-0.

I've been thinking that. I've been worrying that we'll absolutely go for it right from the off, to get an early goal, and they'll catch us on the break (something they're good at).

Ah well, guess we'll just have to score like a million, just to be safe.

Im worried about Owen tbh, yes he is scoring, but he is also missing some great chances, lets hope we dont lose or draw tomorrow on the back of more misses :thup:

be worried only if like earlier in the season when he wasn't getting the chances

Im worried about Owen tbh, yes he is scoring, but he is also missing some great chances, lets hope we dont lose or draw tomorrow on the back of more misses :thup:

be worried only if like earlier in the season when he wasn't getting the chances

Nah. He's had chances all the time he's been in the team. He's been missing chances all season. He's on a good bit of form now thankfully, and i'd put faith in him infront of goal at the moment (that finish against Spurs not only oozed class, but confidence too), but i have the same concerns as Decky.

From the NOTBBC site. http://www.notbbc.co.uk/forums/f=unufc

‘'Reading I fear them NOT! Come to SJP little shitty Reading and be afraid. Be afraid you nobodies. We are on the first page of a new chapter. NUFC is safe and in good hands and football is entertainment again.’

‘I predict we'll score 7. Just like the good ol' days.’

‘This is going to be a massacre. Reading will slope off home as vanquished shadows on Saturday night wishing they could change sports to synchronised yoga. Poor old plaster casted John Madejski will be so depressed he will put the team bus up for sale in Auto Trader and make them play in the Slough league where they can walk to matches.

Our players will enter the arena hungry for blood. If I was a Reading player I would be crying off with a cold and hiding behind the sofa.

BRING IT ON!''

From the NOTBBC site. http://www.notbbc.co.uk/forums/f=unufc

‘'Reading I fear them NOT! Come to SJP little shitty Reading and be afraid. Be afraid you nobodies. We are on the first page of a new chapter. NUFC is safe and in good hands and football is entertainment again.’

‘I predict we'll score 7. Just like the good ol' days.’

‘This is going to be a massacre. Reading will slope off home as vanquished shadows on Saturday night wishing they could change sports to synchronised yoga. Poor old plaster casted John Madejski will be so depressed he will put the team bus up for sale in Auto Trader and make them play in the Slough league where they can walk to matches.

Our players will enter the arena hungry for blood. If I was a Reading player I would be crying off with a cold and hiding behind the sofa.

BRING IT ON!''

I find statements such as this annoying given how they were probably the same people who had us down for certain relegation not too long ago.

Guest sombrero

i feel optimistic enough to say this is a 4 goal thriller, i cant be too confident about a clean sheet for us but the momentum right now is quite strong and i just cant help feelings we will win it as long as they control their nerve and not let it gt to their heads that they won two games so they should expect to win the rest, which im sure kk took care of anyway!

bring back the wall of noise again tomorrow lads!

Fingers crossed for the match. Watching the Arsenal - Liverpool game in town first over a few pints then on to the ground for the Reading game.

I'm pleased with the way the team has played over the last couple of games so I'm quietly confident about tomorrow. I think any win will just about guarantee safety, but I'll stick my neck out and go for 2-0. Barton and Martins to score.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7320360.stm

Lawrenson's prediction (sorry if already posted).

Newcastle v Reading

Being a Newcastle player has been a joy this week, I suspect. Their 4-1 win at Tottenham will have put a spring in their step and I'm sure they will be relishing the prospect of facing a Reading team that does not travel too well.

Reading did manage to nick a win at Middlesbrough a few games back, and I think they are safe from the drop, but I do not expect them to add to their points tally here.

Verdict: 2-0

Fair play.

Guest smarty2006

Canny f*ckn wait likes!!!!!!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: