Reading (H) Pre-Match thread

ShearMagic

Guest Hoop Blah

People need to look at Readings results since mid December, including the results against Liverpool, Chelsea and Manure. Other than the 6-4 goal fest against Spurs the scores have been close, 2-1 being typical, all this 3-0 bollocks is just not going to happen.

Yeah, and Spurs have been getting beat 4-1 at home every other week.  It was bang on that we'd beat them by that score.

Spurs came out and tried to play, we played with three forwards and they were 4-3-3 as well, Reading wont, they have a solid defensive set up that contain most teams. like i said just look at their form all season, if ever there was a team going to be beaten 2-1 its Reading.  Thats only my opinion, if its 3 - 0 i'll gladly show my arse in Fenwicks window :yikes: not a pretty sight.

There must be two Readings in this years Premiership then.  The one I've been watching all year have conceeded more goals than anyone else except Derby and look anything but a solid defensive set up.  We had that last year with Sonko ad Ivar being rocks at the heart of it all, but this year we've hardly had a settled pairing at the heart of the defence.  Granted we've looked a little better since Rosenoir and Bikey have come into the side, but we're still likely to let a few in (Hahnemann had a blinder to keep a clean sheet against Blackburn).

As for us not coming out and trying to play....I think you might've seen us against Utd and Arsenal a couple of times when we've tried to shut them out.  I can't see us doing it at SJP as it's not something we do very often.

Guest Phil K

Hope it's 3-0.

Be amusing to see a certain someone's arse in Fenwicks !

On second thoughts - maybe not....a blokes arse ? :kasper: :puke:

Personally, any win would do

Our players seem in great spirit for this game- I have been lucky enough to attend this mornings training session, meet all the players and have lunch with the players at the training ground. (A family friend won this at the charity auction at the NUFC fashion show)

I thought id share some of the experience of the training today-

After the warm up, the first team divided into 4 teams of four, each team competed in relay races around cones. The one thing that struck me was that Stephen Carr  (yes really!!) was actually one of the fastest at the sprints winning all of his races.  Micheal Owen and Oba won nearly all of their respective races also.

The players then split up into two teams for a match on a half-pitch. The most impressive player in this 20 minute match had to be Duff (yes really!). He looked pacey and dangerous, and set up a few goals. Geremi was wearing a yellow T shirt with abuse on it because he had been voted the worst player in the previous days training session.

I was impressed with the team spirit- Martins in particular was always involved in the banter. He was the last to leave the training field; he was diving about in goals whilst Geremi was practicing free kicks.

Im not sure if the Zog is injured but he trained all alone and looked fairly grumpy. Emre and Milner did not train at all.

At the restaurant i also noticed we seem to have employed a Vicor that goes from table to table speaking to the players! Barton in particular was talking to him for ages. Strangely, Habib Beye and the Duke seemed to be great pals, the 2 were laughing away for ages on their own table.

Oba ( who was dressed like a proper gangster and sucking a lollypop), said he is looking forward to the reading game and thinks he will score!

Our players seem in great spirit for this game- I have been lucky enough to attend this mornings training session, meet all the players and have lunch with the players at the training ground. (A family friend won this at the charity auction at the NUFC fashion show)

After the warm up, the first team divided into 4 teams of four, each team competed in relay races around cones. The one thing that struck me was that Stephen Carr  (yes really!!) was actually one of the fastest at the sprints winning all of his races.  Micheal Owen and Oba won nearly all of their respective races also.

The players then split up into two teams for a match on a half-pitch. The most impressive player in this 20 minute match had to be Duff (yes really!). He looked pacey and dangerous, and set up a few goals. Geremi was wearing a yellow T shirt with abuse on it because he had been voted the worst player in the previous days training session.

I was impressed with the team spirit- Martins in particular was always involved in the banter. He was the last to leave the training field; he was diving about in goals whilst Geremi was practicing free kicks.

Im not sure if the Zog is injured but he trained all alone and looked fairly grumpy. Emre and Milner did not train at all.

At the restaurant i also noticed we seem to have employed a Vicor that goes from table to table speaking to the players! Barton in particular was talking to him for ages. Strangely, Habib Beye and the Duke seemed to be great pals, the 2 were laughing away for ages on their own table.

Oba ( who was dressed like a proper gangster and sucking a lollypop), said he is looking forward to the reading game and thinks he will score!

Kind of confirms we have seen the last of him then, shame.

Quality! Cheers for the info.

I love that line.  I always wondered what he would be like outside of the stadium...makes me like him that much more.

Great post tho Boey_Jarton, Its glad to see the lads in better spirit - to be honest I wasn't shocked about Carr...I always thought he had some pace...But not so sure he has it in long distances anymore.  Shame about Zog, but like an old professor once told our class "Shape up or Ship out."

Guest float one in

I am unashamedly getting carried away at the moment, and predict we will wipe the floor with Reading. 4-0, with the scoreline not doing justice to our performance! KK is well and truly back!

I'm a little nervous about this game, it could be an "after the lord mayor's show" kind of game, we'll find it hard for sure to match the level of performance.

We may also fall into the trap of thinking we are safe now, fortunately we haven't heard anything along the lines of that from the management or players but it may be a natural reaction.

Reading too will play their part, and shouldn't be underestimated, seem like a very hot and cold team this year, some days they can look good but others they can look downright awful. they've deffinately turned the corner in recent weeks and are in no real danger of going down, which ay or may not be a good thing from our point of view.

The lads will be well up for this one. KK knows this is a massive match for the team and the fans. This match will be another step forward for his revolution.  He will have instilled in them that this is a must-win match, and we are not safe yet.  We CAN be safe, but not until we continue to win.  The lads may be full of spirit right now, but methinks they are well up for it. 

Howay the lads, I hope we wipe the floor with them and give the press something to write about again. 

GET IN BOYS.

<-- Hoping to see many of those tomorrow

I love that line. I always wondered what he would be like outside of the stadium...makes me like him that much more.

Great post tho Boey_Jarton, Its glad to see the lads in better spirit - to be honest I wasn't shocked about Carr...I always thought he had some pace...But not so sure he has it in long distances anymore. Shame about Zog, but like an old professor once told our class "Shape up or Ship out."

Martins was proper bling bling but very friendly!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4618/cimg0451ke4.jpg

Any more pics? :)

Yep, hopefully these will work as im not too good at these linky things:

Martins with his lollypop again:

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/1268/dsc01240mu5.jpg

Habib Just wins his race against butt and barton:

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9510/dsc01205lz0.jpg

Martins tries (unsuccessfully) to save Geremi's free kick in a cameo stint in goals:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3610/dsc01231jb8.jpg