Reading (H) Pre-Match thread

ShearMagic

Let's not get too cocky, Reading have won three out of their last five and they've always given us a tough match whenever we play. They're very threatening on the counter-attack so they'll fancy all three points instead of hunkering down and going for the draw.

So I think I'll be realistic and keep it at 3-0  :snod:

Guest toonlass

Same line-up, same system(big two fingers up at the doubters who said we would be stuffed at Spurs playing 3 up front  :laugh:)

3-0 crowd goes wild!!!!!!!!!! :celb: :clap2: :celb:

Reading will be up for this and Coppell will have drilled them well and prepared them to adapt to defending against our system. Sincerely hope to win but I don't think it'll be a walkover.

Heart says 1 or 2-0, head says this one may be a draw

After picking up a suprise 3 points at Spurs, to go with 4 points taken from Brum and Fulham, a point wouldnt be a disaster. 2 weeks ago if we were offered 8 points from these 4 games we'd have taken them.

Obviously I think we should and will win, just putting things into perspective. Hope theres no booing at the end from over optimistic fans if we dont win.

After picking up a suprise 3 points at Spurs, to go with 4 points taken from Brum and Fulham, a point wouldnt be a disaster. 2 weeks ago if we were offered 8 points from these 4 games we'd have taken them.

Obviously I think we should and will win, just putting things into perspective. Hope theres no booing at the end from over optimistic fans if we dont win.

Agreed there wouldnt be suprised if we drew Reading will be desperate for a point

Hmmmmm - the statisticians in the Times reckoned that Reading are the team that have the most variable attacking performance int eh League....  you never know which side will turn up  Spurs 6 Reading 4 for example

They ARE an attacking side tho' so it should be high scoring - they've only lost by one goal to Chelski and 2 to Manu - unlike some others.............

I honestly think it will be tough. For me its got a draw written on it.

Too much expectation on us now, the fans will get the hump when were not winning after 5 mins, and when the game is being held till HT the crowd will lose interest and Reading will get their tales up.

I can see SJP losing us at least 2pts here.

Too much expectation on us now, the fans will get the hump when were not winning after 5 mins, and when the game is being held till HT the crowd will lose interest and Reading will get their tales up.

Could happen although the atmosphere will be great before kick off and if we get and early goal Reading will have to come out and play and ahould allow us to get more chances

hope there is no booing and agree will be a really tight game

Could happen although the atmosphere will be great before kick off and if we get and early goal Reading will have to come out and play and ahould allow us to get more chances

hope there is no booing and agree will be a really tight game

Here's hoping we do get an early goal, but i just worry how the crowd will react since the 4-1 demolition, destruction and the severe raping of the Spuds ( bluelaugh.gif)

Anyway, early goal will settle us, but Reading are in the best form of their season, it won't be easy.

I'm going to miss this one as i'll be in Venice, gutted.

BUT, on quite a few occasions in the past when i've been on holiday NUFC has gone crazy. Shearer signed in 97, Owen signed in 2004, Ashley took over the club last Summer (to name just 3!) I think I curse the club, should go away more often!

Reading will be up for this and Coppell will have drilled them well and prepared them to adapt to defending against our system. Sincerely hope to win but I don't think it'll be a walkover.

Heart says 1 or 2-0, head says this one may be a draw

Jesus!

He doesn't really does he?

A cricket score is on the cards, on a serious note we'll get 3 more points but it could be a 1 goal win or a 5 goal win.  I've gone for a draw then two wins in our last 3 and got that bit right but got the scores wrong, I'll go for a 3-0 home win.

They're hitting some good form, and Coppell usually has them well organised and prepared. That said, with very little run up [all of two games, no less!] we seem to be flying!

Happy as I am at that, against Fulham we weren't threatening tremendously from open play, or carving out easy chances for ourselves, perhaps because they defended deep with lots of men behind the ball - a tactic that often has blunted our play since SBR, really.

Spurs played three strikers and got outgunned in midfield, pure and simple.

Reading's capricious defence isn't always shambolic, and if they defend in numbers they could frustrate us. The first goal and its timing will be huge in this game, IMO.