Are you Jewish? No? Support the Toon!

ShearMagic

Obviously forgetting the Jewish community in Gateshead. ;)

I remember when I moved to just off the Saltwell Road in my 4th year at uni, I had no idea there was such a large Jewish community around there, it was gobsmacking - not in an unpleasant way, just surprising - to see the orthodox jews everywhere.

EDIT memory plays tricks, it wasn't off Saltwell Road, but it was in Bensham.

Guest JamesD

Anyone remember Thompers? Gave me anti-semitic abuse via PM's. Always thought it was strange he could tell i was half jewish...

I remember when I moved to just off the Saltwell Road in my 4th year at uni, I had no idea there was such a large Jewish community around there, it was gobsmacking - not in an unpleasant way, just surprising - to see the orthodox jews everywhere.

It is strange like, not the place you expect to see them if you didn't know. Not the best looking bunch if i'm been honest.

It is strange like, not the place you expect to see them if you didn't know. Not the best looking bunch if i'm been honest.

They only live there because the houses are huge, and they can fit all of their 50 kids in.

They only live there because the houses are huge, and they can fit all of their 50 kids in.

You truly are an ambassador for all different cultures.

Fucking hell. :lol:

they always jump to the front of the queue too, those pesky jews.

This is tommorows generation.. my my, aren't we in good hands.

Guest Phil K

Yeah - Coatsworth Road area. Used to work nearby, and it was weird close to Christmas, their Hannukah - the area was lit with candles in the houses and looked like a Dickensian London with the smoke from cars in the cold air looking quite misty in the cold.

There used to be the biggest Jewish College in the country there.

Mind still be - I dunno.

There used to be a Jewish baker we would go to - those knotty poppy seed buns - bloody lovely.

You truly are an ambassador for all different cultures.

Fucking hell. :lol:

they always jump to the front of the queue too, those pesky jews.

This is tommorows generation.. my my, aren't we in good hands.

:lol: