Player of the Season

La Parka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beye must be in with a good shout for the PFA Team of the Year. Sagna has been good for Arsenal but I can't think of many better.

They'll never look at us for anything like that. It wouldn't even cross their tiny minds.

You mean like when two of your players won the Young Player Of The Year award two seasons running?  :razz:

When we were flying and the media darlings?

So is it the media or players who vote for the team?  :razz:

The reason why Beye is the stand out candidate is because he has been good right from his first kick even during the darkest periods mid season. Others have come into form recently but over the whole season no one comes close. No coincidence he's becoming a huge fans favourite as well. What a great attitude he has, and Zog could do worse than look at him as a role model if he wants to know why he's not playing regularly.

The reason why Beye is the stand out candidate is because he has been good right from his first kick even during the darkest periods mid season. Others have come into form recently but over the whole season no one comes close. No coincidence he's becoming a huge fans favourite as well. What a great attitude he has, and Zog could do worse than look at him as a role model if he wants to know why he's not playing regularly.

how class was it when beye came to the gallowgate after the final whistle yesterday? absolutely love the bloke, ability, atitude, and he doesnt take ANY shit

Beye must be in with a good shout for the PFA Team of the Year. Sagna has been good for Arsenal but I can't think of many better.

They'll never look at us for anything like that. It wouldn't even cross their tiny minds.

You mean like when two of your players won the Young Player Of The Year award two seasons running?  :razz:

So is it the media or players who vote for the team?  :razz:

You think footballers are intelligent enough to make up their own minds?

Given was in there the year before last wasn't he?

How a defender could win player of the season in the year we've conceded 60 is a tad baffling.

Baffling argument tbh. ???  That's obviously to do with the defense (the team, actually) as a unit, not individuals. We've conceded lots of goals because: players have been played out of position, there's been no continuity, we've been erratic going forward thus under lots of pressure, and there's been no adequate protection from the midfield on a regular basis.

The fact that we've conceded 2 goals in 6 games now that our defense has finally become accustomed, and we've got a balanced, consistent eleven speaks volumes.

Who would you say has been a better individual than Beye this season?

Beye has been far and away the most consistent performer this season, and his attitude etc. seem to have made him a fan favourite, however I thought we were in very deep poo at half time in the Birmingham game and I believe that Michael Owen has been the catalyst in the performances since then and has kept us up, not quite single-handedly but certainly the most influential player.

If you replaced Michael Owen with Shola for instance we would have been in the bottom 3 now. If you replaced Beye with Carr in those games I still think we would have performed well and have beaten the drop.

Can't believe Butt's third in this (non)-contest. Aside from Alan Smith, i'd say - if we were to put the blame on one player after every loss - he'd be responsible for the most. He's been fucking garbage for 90% of this season imo.

Can't believe Butt's third in this (non)-contest. Aside from Alan Smith, i'd say - if we were to put the blame on one player after every loss - he'd be responsible for the most. He's been fucking garbage for 90% of this season imo.

Aye, how quickly people forget.

He's been shite all season apart from under the KK revival.

Guest float one in

I voted for Beye. For the record I don't think Butt's performances in the first 2/3rds of the season warrant the criticism I've seen on here. He was often trying to do too much, not playing his natural game, out of neccessity more than choice in my opinion. These last few weeks he's been able to get on with breaking up attacks and keeping it simple since we've kept the ball and attacked better as a team, and consequently has looked a different player.

i thought that the reason that he isn't playing regularly is that Keegan is sticking with all three "top" forwards playing in a 433.

i thought that the reason that he isn't playing regularly is that Keegan is sticking with all three "top" forwards playing in a 433.

That's another reason, the two aren't exclusive.

How a defender could win player of the season in the year we've conceded 60 is a tad baffling.

Baffling argument tbh. ???  That's obviously to do with the defense (the team, actually) as a unit, not individuals. We've conceded lots of goals because: players have been played out of position, there's been no continuity, we've been erratic going forward thus under lots of pressure, and there's been no adequate protection from the midfield on a regular basis.

The fact that we've conceded 2 goals in 6 games now that our defense has finally become accustomed, and we've got a balanced, consistent eleven speaks volumes.

Owen for me.

I think Beye's reputation has been most enhanced by the wing back position Keegan has had him playing.  Not that he was bad before that, but before he went on African nations duty, I think he was only being hyped up as much as Faye.

Owen for me.

I think Beye's reputation has been most enhanced by the wing back position Keegan has had him playing.  Not that he was bad before that, but before he went on African nations duty, I think he was only being hyped up as much as Faye.

If you scrutinising Beye's form before the recent run, then you have to look at Owen's too. He was bloody awful until around February/March. Beye has been pretty consistent throughout the season, apart from one or two matches not long after he arrived.