Newcastle United 2 - 0 Mackems - 20/04/08 - Post match reaction from page 13

James

Loved the bloke singing at the beginning really got the crowd started

Was just hoping he'd go and stick the flag he was carrying into the ground in the Center Circle like Souness did in Turkey.

Were all over them for the first thirty minutes.  Think they must have had a fair amount of possession in the second half but they managed to make just one chance.  How fat is Andy Reid?  How shit is McShane?

Loved the KK interview on Sky, when he said there weren't many clubs players could go to and make a step up, it just shows he never stopped thinking of us as the force we were during his first spell. Maybe we did forget to a certain extent, and we needed a second injection of the KK enthusiasm to get us believing again.

:smitten:

Great result, certainly would have taken that before the game. Once again it was a real professional performance. Can't quite believe that we're level with the Spuds, especially considering our predicament a few weeks back.

Positives all round today, particularly for Owen. It just shows what a difference an attack minded manager can make!

All in all, this sets me up for a fine week!

What a match. Thought we dominated the first half. they improved in the second, but at no point did I think they would score. I'm over the f****** moon.

I didn't think they improved, I thought we relaxed.

Guest Stephen927
Your support is fuckin shite mate, 2-0 up in last min in it was quiet as out

If that had been at the SOL would of been off the roof

Hope you and your fellow customers got your entertainment

Gonna win the league next year arent yah

Why not you can beat man u 5-0

bring back phily albert man

prick

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=323062

:lol: mackems.gif

Just back, been drinking for many hours so bare with me, I love my mates dad for booking his holidays for this week so I could snap up his ticket, great atmosphere throughout, good performance aswell. Early goal always helps and we never had to get out of third gear, they kept the ball for ages but Jones was isolated a lot of the time. Chopra got one of the harshest receptions of recent times :lol: McShane is shite, Andy Reid is fat and I witnessed Michael Owen get up from about 5 filthy filthy challenges unscathed. Fuck me.

4-1, EVEN CHOPRA SCORED, 4-1, EVEN CHOPRA SCORED

Thought the whole of the back 4 were class today especially Jose.Butt and Barton very good in midfield and Owen superb behind the front 2.Geremi's setpieces a lot better today but his overall play was pretty poor tbh.Who cares though.Played at 70% and still comfortably beat the pikey bastards!

The West Midlands branch of the Mackem supporters club is about 20 minutes walk from my house.Think i might go down there tonight,shirted up,pissed up and after i've verbally abused the inter bred pricks,i'm gonna go out on the car park,and break the wheels off of their skateboard!

Epic, not the best performance but having someone like owen who can stick the ball in the net, and defence on top form. Enrique was outstanding imo, beye clas as always. Great atmosphere just shows how shit they really are.

I know you shouldnt buy into players badge kissing type antics but I was secretly chuffed at Michael Owen deliberately staying on to the last to applaud the gallowgate on his own and to give a clentched fist salute. The kind of emotion that we didnt see from him before the arrival of Keegan