How much do YOU think we will spend?

STM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

£20-30m.  Don't think it'll be as much as people anticipate.

Agree with this. I think we'll go over/around £10m on one player atleast once... but given how many he is in for, i can see a couple of £3/4m type signings coming in.

Is this 'net spend'?

Just what we will spend. Not how much we may recoup.

Ah right, cheers. In that case then i'd be surprised if our budget is anything higher than 45 million;  especially since kev's only set out to buy 4-5 first teamers.

With Ashley having put in so much money when maybe it wasnt SO neccessary in clearing the debts, i think its a safe be that he'll at least match the amount he put into debt management, transfer funding is an absolute priority in running a club and he'll know that.

So i think he'll put in about £40m minimum.

All depends on the scouting.  We paid £2m for Habib Beye and he's quality.  If Wise, Vetere and Jiminez have been doing their job properly, we could get another few bargains, meaning the spend won't be too great.

If Ashley is going to put £40m into the pot, for example, I'd rather see KK bring in the 3-4 he wants for around £20m (depending on what their clubs want) then theres a guarenteed £20m there in January should things go tits-up with injuries/some signings not working out.

even though mort and keegan have said we don't need many players, i think we'll bring in quite a few. even in January we brought in 5, though they were all youngsters. I think we'll see at least this amount of young players (be they for academy, reserves or first team fringes) signing over the summer, probably more, and 4 or 5 first-teamers. that is before you even start contemplating replacements, as the likes of Carr, Rozehnal and N'Zogbia might leave, while mediocre players like Smith and Milner may also follow.

even though mort and keegan have said we don't need many players, i think we'll bring in quite a few. even in January we brought in 5, though they were all youngsters. I think we'll see at least this amount of young players (be they for academy, reserves or first team fringes) signing over the summer, probably more, and 4 or 5 first-teamers. that is before you even start contemplating replacements, as the likes of Carr, Rozehnal and N'Zogbia might leave, while mediocre players like Smith and Milner may also follow.

Put Milner in the same category as Smith again and I will glass you with a brick!

brick made of glass.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

It will depend on what formation Keegan decides to adopt next season. If he sticks with 4-3-3 then in my opinion we need a whole new midfield 3 as the current three just aren't good enough. If he goes 4-4-2 we need 4 new midfielders assuming N'Zogbia's on his bike.

Man City have apparently agreed a £20m fee with CSKA for Brazilian striker Jo. If so it sets the kind of tone for the summer, we're going to have to spend big to catch up with the pack, never mind overtake them.

£20-30m.  Don't think it'll be as much as people anticipate.

This! I don't think Ashley will be the cash cow everybody thinks he will be first and foremost he's a businessmen and profits before anything else.

I reckon it will be a very quiet summer for everyone in the league actually.  Even the billionaires that own most Premiership clubs will be more reluctant to spend if the economy keeps slowing.

Besides being a poor financial decision, if we end up spending 40, 50, 60 million or more then I'll seriously wonder what the Wise, Vetere & Jimenez team were brought in to do.  If we are spending anywhere near the amount some people think then it will inevitably mean that we are buying FM style from established talent and not rising stars.