Titus Bumble Loses Concentration Again (Brian Oliver??)

Teasy

I'm not actually sure if that interview is real or fake.

The Voice is a genuine UK publication if that's what you're wondering. The first line is a bit self-contradictory though.

Are people sure that this interview is real? It really does look like a pisstake from a rival fan.

It's a bit subtle don't you think?

The main problem I had with Bramble was that he'd actually look half decent towards the end of every season, but then he'd get the chance to hang around with his (and Dyer's) dodgy Ipswich mates, you'd hear stories about his summer frolics (ie crashing his car into a house) and then he'd come back to us two stone heavier and shite again.

Very much a case of wasted talent rather than being naturally shite.

I think he's right to point out that some of the criticism was unfair - not when he made such ridiculous errors, he deserved that - but when he did play well or do something good he was never really praised for it. Not once when he had a good game, and I'm sure there were a few, did a paper or a TV journo say "Bramble actually played well today". Still think he was error-prone to an unnerving extent and wanted him gone long before he eventually left, but the media treatment was clearly over the top. That said, Steve Bruce doesn't seem to rate him and this a man happy with a strike trio of Heskey, Marcus Bent and Marlon King. Hmmmmmmmm.

I think he's right to point out that some of the criticism was unfair - not when he made such ridiculous errors, he deserved that - but when he did play well or do something good he was never really praised for it. Not once when he had a good game, and I'm sure there were a few, did a paper or a TV journo say "Bramble actually played well today". Still think he was error-prone to an unnerving extent and wanted him gone long before he eventually left, but the media treatment was clearly over the top. That said, Steve Bruce doesn't seem to rate him and this a man happy with a strike trio of Heskey, Marcus Bent and Marlon King. Hmmmmmmmm.

i think you've got a point with the media never praising him, but the fans here gave him a lot of slack. after his annual run of 6 good games some amongst us would be comparing him to ledley king and wondering if he had finally matured into the player he promised to be as a raw 18 year old. that the 7th game in the run would coincide with some horrendous gaffe just shows it was momentary, but i suppose it was nice to briefly give him the benefit of the doubt.

anyway, who remembers when he shagged someone off this forum's bird? most bizarre thing about that was he seemed to be carrying a football around with him in town from bar to bar. seems a bit like that tom hanks movie where his best friend is a volleyball named wilson. i wouldn't put it past him tbh.

anyway, who remembers when he shagged someone off this forum's bird? most bizarre thing about that was he seemed to be carrying a football around with him in town from bar to bar. seems a bit like that tom hanks movie where his best friend is a volleyball named wilson. i wouldn't put it past him tbh.

:lol:

as if id care what the papers wrote as i laughed my way to retirement at 35

You would though. No one likes reading they're shit no matter how much they earn.

Just read the extract.

What a big pile of shite writing, for a shite publicaiton, about an utterly shite player.

And whcihever 'tard on hgere said he was "player of the season" not long back fro Wigan - you were fucking making it up, he's bene long dropped since, and he's fucking shite.

Fuck off Shambles, here's hoping you Dire yourself and never play again. Cunt.

Never did get the full story on that... strange business all round. The guy is still very much here, I'll not name him.

Would be laughable if it wasn't so insulting. It was us fans turning up en masse that enabled the club to waste £5m on this sack of shit, then waste 40-50k a week on him for the next 4-5 years. We made this c*** for life.