New purple away kit (out 24th July) - see OP

Incognito

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7185/71501061kz8.jpg

Not a bad kit really, smooth colours, wrong player.

I think thats a horrible kit. Something a bit unique next year hopefully.

Hate buying away jerseys...as I have too many as it is but this ones quality,pity I ruined it by getting Parker on the back! :angry:

Me too! on't sweat it! lol!

Guest Phil K

Maybe the return of King Kev has inspired a scrapping of the planned design for a rehash of the 95/96 maroon and blue.

oh god i hope so, the best ever away shirt imo

Agreed.

And being superstitious , the only time we got near a trophy.

Guest michaelfoster

I can't decide which is the most horrific between 96/97 and 97/98. Man, those two were f****** disgraceful.

I really like 98/99, classy.

:thup: That shirt is snazzy as anything.

Guest michaelfoster

I can't decide which is the most horrific between 96/97 and 97/98. Man, those two were f****** disgraceful.

97/98 is worse IMO, i cant believe i actually had that top as a kid aswell :D

Jesus christ, 97/98  :idiot2:

:lol:

Back at the time where I absolutely had to have every Newcastle jersey going, that one was the exception. Horrific.

Quite liked '00/'01

:thup: That shirt is snazzy as anything.

I absolutely loved 98/99.  Get that back if the maroon and blue hoops fail.

Also, do you think we could get a vote on a number of different designs?  Theres a few times I've picked up a programme at away games, and the home team (off the top of my head Villa and Blackburn have done it iirc) have given fans 4 or so designs to choose from.  I reckon its an idea Morty should take onboard as its our only chance of getting something half decent before Adidas pull out another poor template design.

97/98 is worse IMO, i cant believe i actually had that top as a kid aswell :D

I had PISTONE 23 on the back of that one as well. :lol:

This is one of my all time favorites, I wish we'd bring something like this back:

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2640026.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6ACE16661C67771149930FDCFC4C15FBB

This is one of my all time favorites, I wish we'd bring something like this back:

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2640026.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6ACE16661C67771149930FDCFC4C15FBB

Looks exactly like our current one.

I wonder if the reason it hasn't been released yet is the uncertainty over the sponsor.  Seems unlikely that we'll be advertising for a state owned bank.

They've already paid up for the sponsorship deal so they will be on our shirts next season.