Other clubs' transfers

Dave

We would never have a chance in a million years but f*** it, lets go for him :lol:

According to the Arsenal fans he`s not been the same since he came back from the African Nations Cup, very injury prone, cant string 2 consecutive games together. Apparently also he looks far better with a defender that compliments his main weakneses - aerially. When Campbell was in central defence with Campbell dominating in the air and Kolo taking care of the rest and the more tricky players.Gallas and Toure just don`t play well as a partnership.

Bit like the Coloccini situation? We need a big centre half that can dominate the aerial balls.....dont think we`d have much chance of getting him anyway. I can see Man City going for him

Toure hands transfer request in at arsenal

Quite surprised by that. Is there an underlying reason as to why?

Hates Gallas

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1103386/Toure-set-quit-Gunners-blazing-bust-defensive-partner-Gallas.html

This explains it. He had a bust up with Gallas after the 2-2 draw at Villa and he feels that Wenger is taking Gallas's side.

Cherno Samba the perfect partner.

agreed. Not sure how true the reports are that he`s unsettled at Blackburn but would be a very good signing for us. 6`5 and 24 years old. Again there would be other clubs after him I`m sure.

Never knew the boy wonder was at Rovers!!

He's mixing him up with Christopher I think

the other one plays for FC Haka in Finland :colo:

Guest firetotheworks

I reckon the FA are keeping it sweet with 'Arry in case he becomes a massive success at spurs and they go back to appointing a shit, 'passionate', English, mans man, publicity hound coach.

I reckon we could well take advantage of City and West Ham's selling. City will be peddling some of the squad players that they don't need (or want to leave due to the massive buying).

Elano, Mark Noble and Gelson Fernandes are 3 quality midfielders, and if we got any of those three I'd be thrilled. Hughes clearly doesn't rate Elano.

Toure hands transfer request in at arsenal

Love to get him but dont think we will.I can see a few top sides outside the pl going for him.Was the transfer request accepted?

Tbh, and i am going to take stick for this, we do not need Toure, we need a Samba type centre half who is a beast in the air to compliment the skills of Bassongs pace and Colos composure

I would take Samba in a heartbeat,he would be a perfect foil for Colo.Hes big and strong just what we are lacking in the centre of defence.I think your right about Toure,hes a quality footballer but like Colo gets pushed around quite easily.So partering him with Colo wouldnt be ideal

I reckon we could well take advantage of City and West Ham's selling. City will be peddling some of the squad players that they don't need (or want to leave due to the massive buying).

Elano, Mark Noble and Gelson Fernandes are 3 quality midfielders, and if we got any of those three I'd be thrilled. Hughes clearly doesn't rate Elano.

Elano's been shite since this time last year, though.

Gelson would be a superb signing imo, been talking about him for a while. Hughes doesn't seem to fancy him either.

Guest Heneage

They'd also take a cut price for Johnson as he is having major off field troubles with alcohol. Worth the risk imo.

They'd also take a cut price for Johnson as he is having major off field troubles with alcohol. Worth the risk imo.

Oh, so that's why he's hardly played. He's a great player tbf. Could be worth the risk.

Elano's been shite since this time last year, though.

Been playing well recently.

Elano's been s**** since this time last year, though.

would be more than happy if we could get him on loan from City (apparently Lazio and Espanyol are after him on loan)

Apparently he's a major problem in the dressing room and that's why Hughes wants rid.

I'd probably get a nose bleed at actually seeing a central midfielder play for us who can pass a ball.

Harsh on Guthrie.

And Barton

I don't even consider him a Newcastle player tbh. His signing has just been a total and utter farce from start to finish, and he's responsible for only half of it. Injuries can't be helped but even going back to the £300k extra he forced us to pay on top of the fee. Just a joke from start to finish, wish we could just get him sold and start again.

Guest The Libertine

defoe wants out. tottenham want him in. its already very tedious. i hope this gets sorted by the end of the week.

Apparently he's a major problem in the dressing room and that's why Hughes wants rid.

IoTK

In-other-Teams-Know?

That font of all knowledge - the Daily Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/12/23/manchester-city-crisis-mark-hughes-to-sell-elano-after-fall-out-115875-20990670/