Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Guest kingdawson

Kingdawson - have you heard anything about these rumours linking Harry with a move for Nicky Shorey?

I hope they're true.

Nah i haven't. Doubt it's true though, with Ekotto in good form but saying that, Harry dosen't seem to rate Bale much. Didn't Harry try and sign Shorey when he was at Pompey??

21.54 Scott Parker will move to Manchester City within the next 48 hours, Sky Sports News understands. The West Ham midfielder has agreed terms with the Eastlands outfit

Scott Parker  :laugh:

1 down......Bellamy, Neill, Upson etc still to go

Guest sittingontheball

Robinho's going to love it when they've got a break on and Scott Parker does his piroutte.

He's a canny lad and tackles hard, but is not a natural footballer and 12M is absolute madness.

If they've got shed loads of cash, they should forget all these mediocre signings, sack Hughes, and get Mourinho in. He'll have a price and is the master of chatting up players. They'd much rather sign for him than some Taffy whinger. He nearly got Gerrard out of Liverpool ffs.

Much as he's a good un, I'm warming to the idea of Shay to Citeh. IF we get silly money and IF its reinvested sensibly, of course. That's probably deluded optimism, but that is why I follow the Toon. Harper and a decent midfield sounds better than what we've got now.

I'll be honest. I am not frightened of Man City with Mark Hughes at the helm.

Bridge, Santa Cruz and Parker for a combined £42m? You go for it, Mark. :undecided:

Happy I'm not a city fan and I AM being serious.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Hughes - "We know where we are in development terms and we know where we need to go. We know the areas of the squad we have to strengthen and we will try to do that," said the former Wales boss.

"It is not going to happen in this window, or even two or three. We need more time."

You've got a blank fucking chequebook :lol: What a crap manager, this guy is the new Souness.

Instead of Parker why not try for Palacios at Wigan? Or petty much any tough DM from France who would all be better than Parker.

Instead of Bellamy surely Podolski would be a more worthwhile purchase.

Mark Hughes is just another manager who talks big about British managers getting big jobs but fails miserably when the opportunity arises. Curbishley just threw away all the West Ham millions on the likes of Dyer, Bellamy and Parker and ironically Hughes is after two of the very same players.

Insanity.

Sky Sports News just had quotes from Stewart Downing's dad.  He was saying that Downing has become frustrated that Boro are once again struggling near the bottom of the table and that's why he's decided he has to go to the Spuds.  Who are currently struggling near the bottom of the table on exactly the same points as Boro :lol: :idiot2:

Instead of Parker why not try for Palacios at Wigan? Or petty much any tough DM from France who would all be better than Parker.

Instead of Bellamy surely Podolski would be a more worthwhile purchase.

Mark Hughes is just another manager who talks big about British managers getting big jobs but fails miserably when the opportunity arises. Curbishley just threw away all the West Ham millions on the likes of Dyer, Bellamy and Parker and ironically Hughes is after two of the very same players.

Insanity.

yep, they'll gamble when the job is low profile but when the pressures on they shit themselves and bottle it by trying to "buy proven" players

see souness, graeme

If Hughes is seriously paying £12m for Parker, he's lost his fucking marbles. I always liked Parker as a tough tackling midfielder and thought he got a bit of a raw deal here but twelve fucking million?!

I like how he's buying all the players Chelsea did first time round for double the price. Anyone reckon he'll give us £14m for Geremi?

Guest toonlass

If Hughes is seriously paying £12m for Parker, he's lost his fucking marbles. I always liked Parker as a tough tackling midfielder and thought he got a bit of a raw deal here but twelve fucking million?!

I like how he's buying all the players Chelsea did first time round for double the price. Anyone reckon he'll give us £14m for Geremi?

Fuck that, lets see if he will give us £15 million for Smith!

I fancy the £34m for Duff personally.

I fancy the £34m for Duff personally.

Fuck me I forgot about that. Someone get on the phone ffs.