Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Bolton in talks to sign Veloso... That would be quite the coup

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4855458,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4855505,00.html

Gary Megson has confirmed Bolton have opened talks with Sporting Lisbon with regards to a move for midfielder Miguel Veloso.

The 22-year-old Portugal international is rated as one of Europe's top young talents but Megson is hopeful of luring him to the The Reebok in a big money deal.

Reports have suggested the fee would be in the region of £12million, which, if the transfer were to come off, would break the £8million club record Megson paid for Johan Elmander in the summer.

"It is something we are trying to do but whether it comes to fruition is another thing," said Megson.

"It is difficult talking about someone else's player but he is a quality act and if we can do it we will try to bring him in.

"We are interested in the lad and I'm sure other people will be as well.

"We have spoken to them (Sporting) but that is all it is."

Board's backing

Megson admitted that some people may be surprised at Bolton being in the market for a £12million player but said the funds were there if they could find the right target.

"He certainly is [expensive] but that is not the issue," he added.

"If we can take the right player to Eddie Davies (the club's owner) there has never been an amount of money that he hasn't given us.

"If it is a player we think will improve us and it is do-able we will try to do it.

"We would like to bring in quality players but if they are not quality players we won't do it for the sake of it."

Bolton may have their work cut out, however, as at the weekend Veloso stressed he did not want to leave the club.

That better not happen.  :dave:

Hugo Viana comes to mind......

Bolton in talks to sign Veloso... That would be quite the coup

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4855458,00.html

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4855505,00.html

Gary Megson has confirmed Bolton have opened talks with Sporting Lisbon with regards to a move for midfielder Miguel Veloso.

The 22-year-old Portugal international is rated as one of Europe's top young talents but Megson is hopeful of luring him to the The Reebok in a big money deal.

Reports have suggested the fee would be in the region of £12million, which, if the transfer were to come off, would break the £8million club record Megson paid for Johan Elmander in the summer.

"It is something we are trying to do but whether it comes to fruition is another thing," said Megson.

"It is difficult talking about someone else's player but he is a quality act and if we can do it we will try to bring him in.

"We are interested in the lad and I'm sure other people will be as well.

"We have spoken to them (Sporting) but that is all it is."

Board's backing

Megson admitted that some people may be surprised at Bolton being in the market for a £12million player but said the funds were there if they could find the right target.

"He certainly is [expensive] but that is not the issue," he added.

"If we can take the right player to Eddie Davies (the club's owner) there has never been an amount of money that he hasn't given us.

"If it is a player we think will improve us and it is do-able we will try to do it.

"We would like to bring in quality players but if they are not quality players we won't do it for the sake of it."

Bolton may have their work cut out, however, as at the weekend Veloso stressed he did not want to leave the club.

That better not happen.  :dave:

Hugo Viana comes to mind......

It would if you didn't have a first clue.

Citeh now in for him.  :rolleyes:

"The 22-year-old Portugal international is rated as one of Europe's top young talents"

I have got a clue cheers, Viana was voted europes top young player before he came here!

Totally different kind of player. Viana failed due to his physical attributes and not being mentally strong enough.

If you knew anything about the player (including positions and styles) you'd understand why your comments show you haven't got the foggiest.

Yes i agree different kind of players but im pretty sure the exact same comments were said about Viana before he came here! Young bright portugese talent! 12mil is alot of money for bolton, good luck to them!

I get where you are coming from about the hyped up label given to Viana, but seriously this lad is a fantastic player.

He's ideal for the Prem, he'd walk in to the Arsenal mid (infact i couldn't think of anyone better for them) and should be going higher than Bolton, or Citeh for that matter.

"The 22-year-old Portugal international is rated as one of Europe's top young talents"

I have got a clue cheers, Viana was voted europes top young player before he came here!

Totally different kind of player. Viana failed due to his physical attributes and not being mentally strong enough.

If you knew anything about the player (including positions and styles) you'd understand why your comments show you haven't got the foggiest.

yyyyyyyyyup :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

What is it with clubs bringing back former players atm? I'm glad that we've never done it.

The lack of smiley suggests you are not being ironic!

Beardsley

Pav

Bernard

Elliott

Aye, and Keegan once as a player and twice as a manager springs to mind.

What is it with clubs bringing back former players atm? I'm glad that we've never done it.

Beardsley

Pav

Bernard

Elliott

clarke!

Beardsley

Pav

Bernard

Elliott

clarke!

john craggs and mark mcghee

Veloso is a top top player.. There's no way he's moving to fucking Bolton.. and he'll certainly cost more.

From what I've seen, he's indeed very similar to Viana, albeit a bit more physical.. great left foot, brilliant technique and vision, good set piece taker.

WE SHOULD BE IN FOR HIM!

Veloso is a top top player.. There's no way he's moving to fucking Bolton.. and he'll certainly cost more.

From what I've seen, he's indeed very similar to Viana, albeit a bit more physical.. great left foot, brilliant technique and vision, good set piece taker.

WE SHOULD BE IN FOR HIM!

Now, i'm not saying he is / isn't the same, not seen anywhere near enough of the player to judge personally... Does seem a bit mental to suggest you think he is very similar to Viana which means we should be after him... Do you not remember Viana?! He was lacking more than a bit more physicality...