Other clubs' transfers

Dave

I think Terry is obviously quality but I reckon if he was an everpresent throughout his career Woodgate would have been better.

He was better than Terry ever has been, not even a debate to be had if he'd played consistently.

Yas are gannin like Terry is shite :lol:

* PFA Player of the Year: 2004–05

* FIFA World Cup Team of the Tournament: 2006,

* FIFPro World XI: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

* UEFA Club Football Awards Best Defender: 2005, 2008, 2009[60]

* UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009

* Chelsea Player of the Year: 2001, 2006

Sandro        -            Huddlestone

Model(MASSIVELOL)

Van Der Vaart

Defoe          -            Crouch

Sandro - Huddlestone

Lennon -          VdV              - Modric

Crouch

I just don't understand. It's losing what's good for Spuds at the moment. s*** signing, should have spent the £8m on a reliable CB

But it's not bloody FM - which reliable CB was available for 8M? He'd just signed Gallas on a free FFS. You look for players who can improve your first team or improve your squad at a reasonable price and take opportunities when they come. Almost every Spurs fan would have preferred to pick up a better CF than the ones we have at the moment, even for twice the amount VDV came for, but who would that be?

To go back to a point that nobody except us Spuds cares about.......Bale at LB can actually be MORE effective at times if, say, Modric is at LM in a 442. When we're on the attack, it becomes a 352 with Bale pushing up and Corluka shifting to the left. It's then harder for the oppo to double-up on Bale (which they always do when he's at LM). Bale at LB in that second formation you cite seems pretty tasty to me.

Laughable bias. Terry's defensive attributes are way ahead.

but not at international level any longer, it would appear, judging by his performance against Germany at the WC

Judging by Rooney's 4 performances, he's also finished at international level

Players have bad games, it happens. Terry is still the best English CB, and by one hell of a distance if you take Rio out of the equation.

Guest kingdawson

Laughable bias. Terry's defensive attributes are way ahead.

but not at international level any longer, it would appear, judging by his performance against Germany at the WC

Judging by Rooney's 4 performances, he's also finished at international level

Players have bad games, it happens. Terry is still the best English CB, and by one hell of a distance if you take Rio out of the equation.

I'd take a fully fit Ledley King over Terry every day off the week (no homo).

I have to agree with Ronaldo , i fucking hate Terry but the truth is he's a really good defender and there's no denying that, at least far better than all the other English center backs.

As for Ledley King it was a huge mistake to take him to South Africa and will still be a huge mistake to pick him again.

They're moving sideways while the teams around them are moving forward. I don't see how they finish above 8th or 9th for the foreseeable future. The momentum of the league is not in their favour.

We will.