Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Daft money for Keane, crazy !!!!

For a striker who's scored 20+ goals for the last 3 seasons running?  And is his country's leading goalscorer ever?  That's the going market rate.

(Fwiw, I think Keane is a fantastic player and would love to see him at Newcastle, not that it's ever going to happen.)

Fair point, but nearly 20 million quid for Keane, jesus wept.

Robbie Keane is a fascinating player. Put him in an average team like Middlesborough and he is never worth £18 million.

But put him in a team with Torres and Gerrard and he might very well be worth that much. He is excellent when he is alongside very good players, but cannot necessarily carry a poorer team.

His partnership with Berbatov has been special and it might even be better with Torres.

When Ipswich wrap up either Rudi Skacel or Kevin Lisbie, we'll be the only club in the Championship not to have signed anyone yet.  :rolleyes:

Don't worry Shola is coming ...

That Darren Bent for £16 million deal was jsut a phenomenal piece of theft by Charlton. Especially as they got the stingy Spurs to cough it up.

If you compare keane to Bent that £18 million starts to sound too little!

Guest kingdawson

Liverpool itk is claiming it's £10 million upfront with a further £5 mill spread through the duration of his contract and an additional £5 mill based on what pool win. Think it's a steaming pile of bollocks personally but we shall see...

When Ipswich wrap up either Rudi Skacel or Kevin Lisbie, we'll be the only club in the Championship not to have signed anyone yet.  :rolleyes:

I share your frustrations mate

We haven't signed anyone and the only one that looks likely to happen soon is a new 2nd keeper. Joy.  :rolleyes:

Hleb signs for Barcelona.

Arsenal seriously need to sign players, Hleb and Flamini were both class for them last season and Adebayor's future still looks shady.

Arsenal seriously need to sign players, Hleb and Flamini were both class for them last season and Adebayor's future still looks shady.

Hleb wasn't all that.

Song, Walcott, Diaby will all step up I am sure.

they've added Nasri, Vela and Ramsey as wide players so far this summer

they've added Nasri, Vela and Ramsey as wide players so far this summer

Looking forward to seeing if Vela is up to much...

Guest neesy111

I'd have no worries if Newcastle bid £18m for Keane. Not going to get a more proven scorer in this league for cheaper (apart from Cole, Yorke or Fowler I guess).

i still can't believe we spent 16 million on owen when we we're offered keane for 8

because he wasn't a proper footballer according to souness ffs

I'd have no worries if Newcastle bid £18m for Keane. Not going to get a more proven scorer in this league for cheaper (apart from Cole, Yorke or Fowler I guess).

i still can't believe we spent 16 million on owen when we we're offered keane for 8

because he wasn't a proper footballer according to souness ffs

I forgot about that. To be fair I agreed with him (all relative to 2005 obviously).

Hleb wasn't all that.

Hleb last year put in probably the best 45 minutes I've ever seen from an opposition player at Villa Park. Well, best for a very, very long time, anyway.

Hleb wasn't all that.

Hleb last year put in probably the best 45 minutes I've ever seen from an opposition player at Villa Park. Well, best for a very, very long time, anyway.

Yeh I think he's an absolutely class player. Arsenal will miss him massively.

his pasing and going past players was brilliant.

His stats, otherwise!

in 3 seasons

Season ....Games... Goals Assists

2005/06...... 25......... 3........ 0

2006/07 ......33 .........2 ........4

2007/08 ......31 .........2 ........6

Total ........... 89 .........7 ...... 10

But yeh, passes that was influencial in the next player getting an assist etc, heneeds replacing!

his pasing and going past players was brilliant.

His stats, otherwise!

in 3 seasons

Season ....Games... Goals Assists

2005/06...... 25......... 3........ 0

2006/07 ......33 .........2 ........4

2007/08 ......31 .........2 ........6

Total ........... 89 .........7 ...... 10

But yeh, passes that was influencial in the next player getting an assist etc, heneeds replacing!

One of the most unselfish players i've ever seen. Very rarely shot when I saw him, always looking for the pass even if its one too many.