Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Especially given his age (not saying 28 is old as such but it doesn't leave much room for improvement).

Yeah if he was 24 then I could see £20 million at a stretch, but for a 28 year old!

Next you'll see people being offered 20k appearance bonuses man. ;)

No that would be more like if the Spuds wanted £20 million and Liverpool gave them £15 million plus £5 million based on apearances.  I'm sure you'd call them crazy for not just paying the £20 million up front "£5 million just because he plays games for them, mental!" :lol:

Actually considering the £11m they stole from Portsmouth for Crouch, swapping him for Keane for £9m is actually pretty good business.

Wouldn't say that Keane is worth Crouch + £9 million like :)

Guest kingdawson

Never rated Keane much tbh, and for £20 million, we''ve robbed fat face rafa good and proper.

Guest kingdawson

Common Jol, give us your take on the Coloccini transfer, you have to know about it being ITK surely?

I've stated on the spurs board how much i rate this guy (him, pandev,sergio garcia and Angelo palombo are the 4 players in world football i really rate. besides the elite players). Would be a great piece of business from you lot.

Robbie Keane in Liverpool, fee agreed, reputed to be £18m with add-ons to £20m. 

Medical probably won't not be done tomorrow, being suggested that he won't be allowed to sign until a player is signed (don't know which player that is).

Is that on SSN or ITK info?

From someone very close to one of our strikers.  Keane said his farewells to the rest of the players this morning.

Oh well we will wait until tomorrow then.

Common Jol, give us your take on the Coloccini transfer, you have to know about it being ITK surely?

I've stated on the spurs board how much i rate this guy (him, pandev,sergio garcia and Angelo palombo are the 4 players in world football i really rate. besides the elite players). Would be a great piece of business from you lot.

I'm assuming he means Spurs supposedly outbidding us for him as reported in a few articles somewhere or something.

You don't rate Keane that much? I reckon that £20m is a stupid price for him but I'd call him a steady striker, always clocks in with a decent amount of goals. Who you said to be replacing him with?

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

PORTSMOUTH will offer Celestine Babayaro a one-year deal now he has beaten malaria.

is this guy still plays soccer?

They'd be better off sending the money to Africa to combat malaria.

Good call Dave. Would probably be more beneficial to them in the long run, at least they'd get some good publicity out of it.

12.01 It's all go on the transfer front as Andy Johnson is also understood to be undergoing a medical at Fulham. The player's agent has claimed a deal is very much in the pipeline.

12.00 Liverpool should complete the £18million signing of Robbie Keane within the next 24 hours, according to reports. It is understood the Republic of Ireland international has undergone a medical at Anfield.

12.01 It's all go on the transfer front as Andy Johnson is also understood to be undergoing a medical at Fulham. The player's agent has claimed a deal is very much in the pipeline.

12.00 Liverpool should complete the £18million signing of Robbie Keane within the next 24 hours, according to reports. It is understood the Republic of Ireland international has undergone a medical at Anfield.

Hopefully everything finally kicks into gear this week.

So Liverpool have signed Keane for £18 million. Hmmmm ...

Gareth Barry might have to start backtracking pronto.

Anyone else think it came down to either Barry or Keane for Liverpool. Not sure they would go after both.

I think if they had got Barry they would have gone with Barry and Mascherano in midfield and gerrard continuing behind Torres. However, now they will likely opt to return Gerrard to midfield beside Mascherano and have Keane play upfront with Torres.

I wonder where this leaves Berbatov. With Keane leaving it means that either he will have to stay against his will, and a moody Berbatov in their team means they may as well play with 10 men, or Spurs will be faced with having to replace 3 of their 4 forwards from last season, and apparently the manager doesn't rate the 4th (Bent) anyway.

Guest Scouseman

No, the Barry deal depended on Alonso going which looks now to not be happening. 

Keane and Barry were both Rafas top targets.

Guest neesy111

I wonder where this leaves Berbatov. With Keane leaving it means that either he will have to stay against his will, and a moody Berbatov in their team means they may as well play with 10 men, or Spurs will be faced with having to replace 3 of their 4 forwards from last season, and apparently the manager doesn't rate the 4th (Bent) anyway.

they've gone from having 4 of the best strikers in the prem, to 2 with 1 of them wanting to leave

i suspect spurs formation next season will be 4-6-0 at this rate

No, the Barry deal depended on Alonso going which looks now to not be happening. 

So I take it Gerrard will play out wide this season (on the left) then, as appears to be the case with England under Capello also.

I don't think would be looking to move out left as he has made the England Squad as a very effective defensive midfielder int he centre of the park.

Guest Scouseman

So I take it Gerrard will play out wide this season (on the left) then, as appears to be the case with England under Capello also.

I don't think would be looking to move out left as he has made the England Squad as a very effective defensive midfielder int he centre of the park.

Gerrard played some of his best football on the right and was also voted player of the year, not so good on the left though.

Maybe a line up something like this if we keep Alonso and still get Barry.

Reina

Carra - Skrtel -Agger -Dossena

Mascherano

Gerrard - Alonso -Barry

Keane  Torres

Guest Petay

Does anyone have to surpress a school boy giggle when they see Fulham referred to as 'Cottagers'?  Not sure Mr Johnson is what they need, he's a hard working support striker, they need a proper goal scorer.