Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Everton aren't going to sign Moutinho for fucks sake.

Why not?

I don't think they will sell him yet, for a start. He is what, 21/22, has bags of potential and knows it. Personally, I think he would rather prove himself for at least another season and attract bigger and better clubs than Everton. He's going to be playing Champions League football with the club he's been at since he was a kid, I just can't see him leaving them for a club like Everton.

Poor mans Peter Crouch.

Redknapp's comments on him were quality though.

"He was the tallest bloke on the pitch by a yard, but never won a single header all night," said Redknapp.

"They were asking £5 million for him. Afterwards, his agent came up to me and said 'I don't think five million will buy him.`

"I replied 'I know, I'm one of them.'"

:boomboom:

Villa said to have had bid for Zigic accepted by Valencia.

I know nothing about him (don't do FM) other than he is huge.

So I'll nod my head appreciatively.

Him and Carew upfront would be enormous. :lol:

Villa said to have had bid for Zigic accepted by Valencia.

I know nothing about him (don't do FM) other than he is huge.

So I'll nod my head appreciatively.

Him and Carew upfront would be enormous. :lol:

Imagine if they pair them 2 against us with Cacapa in the back four

Poor mans Peter Crouch.

"He was the tallest bloke on the pitch by a yard, but never won a single header all night," said Redknapp.

"They were asking £5 million for him. Afterwards, his agent came up to me and said 'I don't think five million will buy him.`

Was he talking about Crouch?

Zenit confirm Spurs are in for Arshavin

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/21/Premier-League-Zenit-on-Spurs-contact/

Zenit St Petersburg have claimed they are in discussions with Tottenham Hotspur regarding a deal for Russia star Andrei Arshavin, but a disagreement over a valuation for the playmaker has led to a stalemate at present.

Arshavin has been the name on everyone’s lips during the summer transfer window and although he has made clear his preference is to join Barcelona, a move to England certainly looks possible for the 27-year-old.

Chelsea and Arsenal were reported to be leading the chase for the player who impressed so vividly at Euro 2008 but the interest from the two Champions League contenders has never been formally confirmed.

Zenit official Konstantin Sarsaniya has now revealed that Tottenham have been in contact though, with Juande Ramos looking to prepare for the possible departures of Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov.

“With Tottenham we have contacts,” Sarsaniya told the Russian press.

“This English club is really interested in acquiring Andrei but, as I understand, €27 million (£21.5 million) is too high a price for them.

“For Spurs it is unacceptable. Tottenham are ready to pay in the region of €20 million (£15.9 million) for Arshavin.”

However, Sarsaniya has denied speculation linking Manchester City with the playmaker, stating: “I have not heard of this.”

Tottenham have been reported to hold an interest in Arshavin in the English press in recent days but a possible move to White Hart Lane was first mooted as long ago as January by his agent Pavel Andreev.

Berbatov>>>>>>Keane>>>>>>>Arshavin

Obviously one of the replacements for those first two.  I found the game against Spain an ominous forewarning about what Arshavin will be like in half of his games in the Premiership.

He would improve us hugely, but not so spurs if the other two are going.

Poor mans Peter Crouch.

:D

Guest Flair

Poor mans Peter Crouch.

:D

Berbatov>>>>>>Keane>>>>>>>Arshavin

Obviously one of the replacements for those first two.  I found the game against Spain an ominous forewarning about what Arshavin will be like in half of his games in the Premiership.

He would improve us hugely, but not so spurs if the other two are going.

Arshavin for Keane I presume, Diego Milito to replace Defoe, Roman Pavyluchenko to replace Berbatov, Diego Capel to replace Malbranque and David Bentley as an upgrade on Lennon.  They're the names being mentioned the most, I would think we would get 3 of those at best.  Fernando Meira is being rumoured to be opting for Spurs ahead of Galatasaray and still no names at all for a DM

Guest sicko2ndbest

Do not need either!

Silva is a wide player which is our strongest position

Villa is a small forward who would be in direct competition with our best 2 players owen and martins

This would be a shepherd type signing high profile but unnecessary, stick to what we need!

Do not need either!

Villa is a small forward who would be in direct competition with our best 2 players owen and martins

This would be a shepherd type signing high profile but unnecessary, stick to what we need!

What a load of rubbish. :lol: We'd never sign them anyway, but if we did, then we simply sell a winger, and sell Martins or Owen.

Do not need either!

:lol: Unnecessary? You're talking about two world class players almost in the prime of their careers.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Do not need either!

What a load of rubbish. :lol: We'd never sign them anyway, but if we did, then we simply sell a winger, and sell Martins or Owen.

I agree that we would never sign them, however, i think unnecessary is completely the right word. We need to focus on the areas we are in need of strength, playmaker, centre half, left back and forward in order of priority