Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Class angle on the mackem Spurs bid in the Mirror:

Sunderland want to spend £20m on four Spurs players

By Simon Bird 18/07/2008

Roy Keane wants to splash out £20million on FOUR Tottenham stars - if he can persuade them to move to the North East.

Sunderland boss Keane hopes to open talks with Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kaboul.

The four all left Spurs' Spanish training camp last night after the Wearsiders agreed a 'job lot' fee with the Londoners. French right-back Chimbonda, French midfielder Malbranque, Finnish midfielder Tainio and Moroccan defender Kaboul were pulled out of Juande Ramos' base yesterday and packed off to London.

The trio were kept in the dark about the deal until they landed at Heathrow and were informed that Keane's club wanted them but none of them want to make the move and the transfer turned into a farce.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy wants to use all four to raise money quickly - with bids for Blackburn's David Bentley and Sevilla winger Diego Capel his priority.

Rovers want £17m for Bentley and Sevilla are looking for a similar sum for Capel, so Levy needs to find money in a rush. Chimbonda is also fancied by Everton and was offered to Blackburn, while Malbranque is admired by both Aston Villa and Fulham. Tainio has been a long-term Villa target too.

The sudden decision to fly the unwanted players home took them all by surprise - none of them were even told of what their ultimate destination was

I would love it if that was true!   :lol:

Interesting that they flew them into London, instead of directly into Newcastle - avoid getting their hopes up that way: "Oh class, we're on our way to the toon", "er no, actually lads....."

:lol:

But his representative Rudy Raba has told us that playing at The Stadium of Light would slow down his international career, and that other clubs have made more interesting offers to the Frenchman.

“Younes wouldn’t join Sunderland even if there was an earthquake,” Raba told setantasports.com.

“We have more interesting options than Sunderland. Don’t even think about it.

“I can tell you for sure that he’s going to stay in England next season.

“At Portsmouth you are more watched and for example you have France international Lassana Diarra playing there.

“Of course he would prefer to have his chance at Tottenham rather than moving to Sunderland.

“No disrespect to them, but playing there wouldn’t help his international career."

By Simon Bird 18/07/2008

Roy Keane wants to splash out £20million on FOUR Tottenham stars - if he can persuade them to move to the North East.

Sunderland boss Keane hopes to open talks with Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Younes Kaboul.

The four all left Spurs' Spanish training camp last night after the Wearsiders agreed a 'job lot' fee with the Londoners. French right-back Chimbonda, French midfielder Malbranque, Finnish midfielder Tainio and Moroccan defender Kaboul were pulled out of Juande Ramos' base yesterday and packed off to London.

The trio were kept in the dark about the deal until they landed at Heathrow and were informed that Keane's club wanted them but none of them want to make the move and the transfer turned into a farce.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy wants to use all four to raise money quickly - with bids for Blackburn's David Bentley and Sevilla winger Diego Capel his priority.

Rovers want £17m for Bentley and Sevilla are looking for a similar sum for Capel, so Levy needs to find money in a rush. Chimbonda is also fancied by Everton and was offered to Blackburn, while Malbranque is admired by both Aston Villa and Fulham. Tainio has been a long-term Villa target too.

The sudden decision to fly the unwanted players home took them all by surprise - none of them were even told of what their ultimate destination was

Interesting that they flew them into London, instead of directly into Newcastle - avoid getting their hopes up that way: "Oh class, we're on our way to the toon", "er no, actually lads....."

Even by Roy Keane's normal standards of transfer bollocks this is hilarious.

But his representative Rudy Raba has told us that playing at The Stadium of Light would slow down his international career, and that other clubs have made more interesting offers to the Frenchman.

“Younes wouldn’t join Sunderland even if there was an earthquake,” Raba told setantasports.com.

“We have more interesting options than Sunderland. Don’t even think about it.

“I can tell you for sure that he’s going to stay in England next season.

“At Portsmouth you are more watched and for example you have France international Lassana Diarra playing there.

“Of course he would prefer to have his chance at Tottenham rather than moving to Sunderland.

“No disrespect to them, but playing there wouldn’t help his international career."

wish there was an earthquake in sunderland and the whole place goes under

The town centre already lookslike it has unless its changed dramatically since the last time I was there

Guest Jawesome

wish there was an earthquake in sunderland and the whole place goes under

The town centre already lookslike it has unless its changed dramatically since the last time I was there

I know there was a bomb in the town centre a couple of years back.  They called it the Bridges or something.

We've signed Jon Harley on a two year deal. I'm completely thrilled.

Didn't know he was still playing, used to be good back in the day, remember him scoring a screamer for Fulham i think it was.

Guest johnson293

From Setanta via NUFC.com....

Nobby taking Miami ad-vice

From Setanta, Friday:

Reports claim that Nolberto Solano has been offered a two-year deal by David Beckham’s employers Los Angeles Galaxy.

The Peruvian, currently on holiday in Miami, is looking for a new club following his release from West Ham and is under contract with the same agent that helped Ruud Gullit become The Galaxy’s new chief.

The Dutchman brought Solano to The Premier League ten years ago and he seems to be interested in welcoming the midfielder to California.

Solano is believed to have snubbed an offer from Portsmouth, as it is being claimed he was only offered a one-year deal, but the Peruvian is said to have teams in Qatar and Israel on his trail.

L.A. is a canny commute to London, like!

And, wasn't it Dalglish that signed Nobby originally?

Fergie closes in on Berbatov and Roy's keen to strengthen his squad

By Dave Smith 18-07-08

Sir Alex Ferguson has given a strong indication that Dimitar Berbatov will be a Manchester United player 'in the near future' - and it's hard to see Spurs resisiting a £20milllion+ offer.

"We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through," said the United boss. "Berbatov has been impressive during a long time and would be a great addition to our attack."

Fergie is happy to bide his time to ensure he gets his man and he adds: "I think time will work for us more than against us. We will not stress this situation. We are hoping to have a constructive conversation with Tottenham in the near future."

Still with United and, virtually 16 months since he was injured, Gary Neville is back in business and will play in South Africa after completing 45 minutes against Aberdeen.

"For Gary in particular this trip is very important," said Ferguson. "He came through his 45 minutes at Aberdeen on Saturday with no problem at all, which is fantastic news.

"The great thing about Gary is that he has not missed a training session since the last time he came back in April. We could have played him at the end of the season but Wes was doing so well.

"His form was so good I didn't want to have doubts in my mind about picking him. Wes had played in every game, so we kept it like that. But now, a new season is about to start and Gary will get his chance."

Meanwhile, former United skipper Roy Keane is eyeing 'five or six' new players as he bids to change history' at Sunderland.

It's been reported that the Black Cats' boss has approached Spurs with offers for four of their players - Steed Malbranque, Pascal Chimbonda, Younes Kaboul and Teemu Tainio.

Keane is eager to bolster his squad, particularly given the news that Kenwynne Jones will miss the first couple of months of the season, and he says: "The next two or three weeks are a vital part of the future of Sunderland and my future.

"I know they are working extremely hard and had some very good bids turned down. It's all very well trying hard and nearly having these deals. The real dealmakers get over the line.

"Supporters say we don't get these deals done and history tells you we don't, but that's why I'm here - to change history. I'm confident Niall Quinn can get the deals we're after, perhaps in the next 48 hours. I want real quality, players who have handled the Premier League. I'm hoping to get five or six players I'm interested in."

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate must be getting thoroughly cheesed off answering questions about the future of Stewart Downing - especially as the England winger only recently signed a new, five-year deal.

Speculation still links Downing with possible moves to Liverpool or Aston Villa, at the latest count, but Southgate says: "Stewart Downing is not for sale, it is as simple as that. We know his value. We get calls from lots of clubs about people, but we have not had any about Stewart.

"It surprises me when there is all the speculation because if people are interested in buying, it would be nice if they made contact with us and then we could just tell them straight to their face that he is not for sale. But that's part of the summer transfer merry-go-round. You have to deal with that speculation."

By Simon Bird 18/07/2008

Even by Roy Keane's normal standards of transfer bollocks this is hilarious.

Cracking work by the Mirror again

I was under the impression the trio meant 3

Guest Mcdonald36

"I can say he'll be a Manchester United player next season. That's our stance - he won't be sold."

So not Ronaldo's.

Just some of my random thoughts on other clubs summer transfers.

- Hull City have done brilliantly so far. Brought in 6 players, 5 of whom have premiership experience (admittedly to varying degress of success). Look to be hot on the trail of King and Meite. Really impressed with them as despite me having a soft spot for them I thought they would certainly go down, now I think they are giving themsleves a chance to stay up.

- Spurs look set to ruin a potentially very good summer. Modric and Gomes especially should do well for them but any progress they make will be instantly ruined if they sell Berbatov and Keane. Also rumours say Chimbonda and Malbranque could be on their way out and in my opinion they are both important players for Spurs especialy if they want to compete in 4 competitions.

- What a load of rubbish Fulham are signing. Can't believe they paid £6.3m for Zamora (who scored 1 goal last season) and Pantsil (who started 7 games in 2 years).