Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Cuellar is a below average player really, 1 lucky season in scotland and hes now amazing  mackems.gif

He was also the major reason why they reached the UEFA Cup final.  Far from being "below average" IMO.

Gutierrez is 25, proven and experienced, just not in this league. Guthrie is young and still has a lot to prove but is a decent player and has more than a good season's worth of Premiership football under his belt. Even Bassong has played plenty of top division French football. I don't need to defend Coloccini.

Yes three of those four have never played in this league before and that always brings with it a bit of a risk but I'd rather take a risk than settle for mediocre players from rival clubs just because they've got proven Premiership experience.

There will be more coming in anyway, maybe not in time for Sunday's match, we'll see.

Jonas does look awkward when he runs tbf, not that it makes a difference to his game.

It was never a problem for Chris Waddle, was it?

Not at all, same applies to Jonas who has a strange build, looks like he's wearing some NFL shoulderpads.

He also looks like he hasn't got the ball fully under control, which means defenders jump in, he knocks it past them and wins plenty of freekicks.

All we need now is someone to score from them.

His delivery in pre-season (Gutierrez) has impressed me.

Only seen the Valencia game... but he picked out Taylor very, very well - considering it was from the right and he's alledgedly a left-winger (arguably his most promising attribute for me tbh, his ability to play on either side). Aye, he was in a lot of space, but he picked Tayls out perfectly.

aye matty and the fact he looks like he will fall over the ball all the time. we should be alright with him on the left and james "the tard" milner on the right we will have the other teams crawling around laughing at spazzy jonas so they can skin them

:spit:

however I was quite impressed with him getting into positions just looks a bit clumsy when runs. might just be his style. very unconvential like.

Or he could just be a simpleton

I think his running style is cool. When he runs at something like 60%, you'd think it was the latin Shola Ameobi at full sprint. I've seen him against PSV and Valencia, and im still impressed when he running close to 100%.

The shocking extent of Thaksin Shinawatra’s financial difficulties at Manchester City can be revealed today as it emerged that only last month he had to borrow £2million from former chairman John Wardle to pay staff wages.

Sportsmail can reveal that Wardle, who resigned in protest at Thaksin’s reign on July 9,was so concerned City staff were not going to be paid that he agreed to loan the club’s owner £2m for the third time in less than a year.

Although Wardle has been repaid and no staff wage payments were missed, it is clear City are operating on a hand-to-mouth basis each month. There are fears within the club the problem will soon recur, with Wardle no longer around to bail Thaksin out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1043683/EXCLUSIVE-City-crisis-Shinawatra-forced-borrow-2m-ex-chief-Wardle-just-pay-players.html?ITO=1490

Rather see other teams crumble before City do, but it's a direct competitor to us next season and them falling away is a good thing for us, which is what matters to me. Same goes for Blackburn, too - opens up another place. I'd say with confidence that, in spite of what some might call a poor transfer window thus far, we've been the most inventive and look the most promising of all the bottom half teams from last season. Spots opening up for us i feel. :thup:

EDIT: Other than Spurs; think they finished 11th didn't they.

I Know this is a bit off topic but I'm wondering where are Spurs getting all of their money from I cant belive the amount they've spent so far this summer. I know they got a stupid amount for Keane but the amount of cash Ramos has spent is high and coupling this with last seasons spending they must be in somesort of debt by know they're not that big a club (about 34k stadium?).

I Know this is a bit off topic but I'm wondering where are Spurs getting all of their money from I cant belive the amount they've spent so far this summer. I know they got a stupid amount for Keane but the amount of cash Ramos has spent is high and coupling this with last seasons spending they must be in somesort of debt by know they're not that big a club (about 34k stadium?).

They've made more selling players than they've spent.

Jonas does look awkward when he runs tbf, not that it makes a difference to his game.

It was never a problem for Chris Waddle, was it?

He also looks like he hasn't got the ball fully under control, which means defenders jump in, he knocks it past them and wins plenty of freekicks.

A bit like Kanchelskis used to do.

The shocking extent of Thaksin Shinawatra’s financial difficulties at Manchester City can be revealed today as it emerged that only last month he had to borrow £2million from former chairman John Wardle to pay staff wages.

Sportsmail can reveal that Wardle, who resigned in protest at Thaksin’s reign on July 9,was so concerned City staff were not going to be paid that he agreed to loan the club’s owner £2m for the third time in less than a year.

Although Wardle has been repaid and no staff wage payments were missed, it is clear City are operating on a hand-to-mouth basis each month. There are fears within the club the problem will soon recur, with Wardle no longer around to bail Thaksin out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1043683/EXCLUSIVE-City-crisis-Shinawatra-forced-borrow-2m-ex-chief-Wardle-just-pay-players.html?ITO=1490

Who will get to him first?  The Thai authorities or the City fans?  If it's the City fans then he'll probably wish he'd taken the soft option of rotting in a Thai prison.

Who will get to him first?  The Thai authorities or the City fans?  If it's the City fans then he'll probably wish he'd taken the soft option of rotting in a Thai prison.

Citeh fans were born taking it up the arse when it comes to their club, so i doubt he's bothered at all.