Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Heskey about to join Villa for 3.5m

Good deal at that price. We should be in for him.

That's a snip considering the prices banded about for the guy. If Bruce loses Palacios and then Heskey aswell for the price, he'll be seething. Might see him a bit fed up by the end of the season if he can't retain his better players - which he has hinted at.

How i wish Ashley cared enough for us to be in there. "Here you go Steve, here's a three-and-a-half year contract, and there's £20m for the squad. Save us from the drop and get us back on our feet again - see where we go from there. Owt else you need... or think you don't need... we'll discuss it and work something out."

Meh.

I still think Barton is better than Bullard. I think Bullard is slightly overrated.

As a neutral I'd take Bullard over Barton every single time.

He's a better player, his attitude is spot on, and Barton is a f***ing mentalist seemingly constantly verging on the edge of prison.

Would you say Barton was better than Bullard if the former wasn't a Newcastle player? No manager with half a brain cell (that explains Tony Adams) would touch Barton right now.

Bullard is a good player, he's just going to struggle to get clubs to pay him what he (seemingly) wants at the moment (as someone outlined above, the costs over 4 years are huge)

I would say Barton at Man City was a better player than Bullard has ever been, the problem being since he's been here he's been played out of position while having a drink problem, towards the end of last season when he sorted himself out he was one of our best players IMO and it was his drive in midfield that made the 4-3-3 formation we played so successful, this season has been harder to judge because of bans and injury but if he can get his form back from his City days then I think he will show himself to be the better player.

Whether he can find that form again is debatable.

Basically what I was getting at. Obviously Bullard is worth more than Barton at the moment, but I thinkJoey is certainly a more talented player than Bullard. Don't disagree with the part about Barton being untouchable though.

I barely count Barton as a player atm tbh. If he's not suspended or in prison then he's injured. Totally and utterly unreliable, you've got to consider getting back to form and everything aswell. So on the basis that Bullard would be on the pitch more often, i'd rather him over Barton.

Barton (at city) was certainly a better PLAYER than Bullard imo. Attitude and determination are the only 2 things that Bullard has over him (and barton dosen't even lack determination on the pitch).

Bartons attitude on the pitch is spot on, IMO. He was really taking on the role as a leader earlier on in the season (can't remember the games). Haven't see the bust up with Enrique mind, but I'd say that Barton arguably has the best attitude of all our players.

And he is (was) a much better player than Bullard, I just hope he can stay injury free now til end of the season, and that he'll go on a good patch of form as he did last year.

Guest sittingontheball

I wouldn't have minded Bullard and doubt we could do all that much better given the mess we're in. He's also proven in a relegation battle.

I'll be happy to be wrong if we sign someone better though.

west ham set to sign 19 yr old savio nsereko for £10M from Brescia. this lad any good?

Is that spending the Bellamy money before the Icelandic administrators get their hands on it?  News from yesterday.....

High court in Iceland has confirmed that Hansa ehf. has gone in to administration. Hansa is the owner of WH Holdings Ltd, the majority owner of West Ham FC.

Björgólfur Guðmundsson is the owner of Hansa.

west ham set to sign 19 yr old savio nsereko for £10M from Brescia. this lad any good?

Is that spending the Bellamy money before the Icelandic administrators get their hands on it?  News from yesterday.....

High court in Iceland has confirmed that Hansa ehf. has gone in to administration. Hansa is the owner of WH Holdings Ltd, the majority owner of West Ham FC.

so if Hansa goes into administration, surely that puts West Ham in danger, too, right?

so if Hansa goes into administration, surely that puts West Ham in danger, too, right?

Hansa are in administration but West Ham are not so no problem for them right now.  The problems will arise when they can't generate money from sales so need to to turn to the parent company for cash.  That's how it was explained to me

Hansa are in administration but West Ham are not so no problem for them right now.  The problems will arise when they can't generate money from sales so need to to turn to the parent company for cash.  That's how it was explained to me

Ah right.  I know its up to us to save ourselves, but I was kinda hoping that them falling into administration and earning a points deduction could give us a helping hand  :blush:

How does one go about replacing Pavel Nedved ..Dirk Kuyt - if papers are to be believe :lol:

Apart from having similar (not really) & they're both foreign professional footballers i'm struggling to see any similarities between them

He is supposedly going to receive his first full German cap next month. Which isn't half bad for a 19 year old playing in a lower league.

It wasn't that long ago Germany wouldn't have any Black players in their squad they seem to have adopted a much more multi-ethnic attitude in recent years in regards to the picking of their squad good to see though not sure race and nationality has ever been so healthy in football.

He is supposedly going to receive his first full German cap next month. Which isn't half bad for a 19 year old playing in a lower league.

It wasn't that long ago Germany wouldn't have any Black players in their squad they seem to have adopted a much more multi-ethnic attitude in recent years in regards to the picking of their squad good to see though not sure race and nationality has ever been so healthy in football.

That reminds me - what's Odonkor up to? He looked as fast as anything, decent right winger in the few times I saw him for Germany. (Just signed him in PES too....)

That reminds me - what's Odonkor up to? He looked as fast as anything, decent right winger in the few times I saw him for Germany. (Just signed him in PES too....)

only good in PES