Other clubs' transfers

Dave

do these reportly player plus cash deals ever happen?? (waits for someone to give list of examples)

... apart from Raylor!!

Nah, I think they're absolute bollocks 99% of the time. Back in the 90s they used to happen occasionally, but mostly it's made up by the press.

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=57686&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1965

Had a look at the Villa forum to see what they thought of the deal and only one person was against it.

I think the deal is good for both teams you know.

Keane is more of a natural goalscorer than any of the current Villa forwards and should work well with either Gabby or Heskey, while Carew would be more accepting of being rotated at Spurs, where Harry clearly wants to go with Defoe and Crouch as his first choice forward line.

do these reportly player plus cash deals ever happen?? (waits for someone to give list of examples)

... apart from Raylor!!

The Ashley Cole/Gallas deal is the ony fairly recent one of any significance I can think of.

Guest kingdawson

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=57686&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1965

Had a look at the Villa forum to see what they thought of the deal and only one person was against it.

I think the deal is good for both teams you know.

Keane is more of a natural goalscorer than any of the current Villa forwards and should work well with either Gabby or Heskey, while Carew would be more accepting of being rotated at Spurs, where Harry clearly wants to go with Defoe and Crouch as his first choice forward line.

Agreed.

Until i see Arry publically tapping up praising Carew i cant see it being true

Something like:

"I like Jon Carew he's triffic. He holds the ball up well, he's triffic in the air and he's got a triffic eye for goal. Anyone would want him in their squad. But he's an Aston Villa player ain't he......... "

Guest Roger Kint

Until i see Arry publically tapping up praising Carew i cant see it being true

Something like:

"I like Jon Carew he's triffic. He holds the ball up well, he's triffic in the air and he's got a triffic eye for goal. Anyone would want him in their squad. But he's an Aston Villa player ain't he......... "

Word for word tbh ;D

Keane is the better player.

Yeah, if you want to build an army of dwarfs up front for Villa

An army of dwarfs? Do they have even one short striker?

Carew

Heskey

Agbonlahor

Delfouneso

All of those are 6ft + aren't they?

Babel appears to football in a totally random fashion. Not sure what to make of him, tbh.

8 million seems a very fair price for someone who rarely gets on the pitch. Surprised liverpool havent snapped that up immediately

Was going to say that Villa fans don't rate Carew that highly but i think someone already mentioned it.

very surprised by this.. looking at the Villa forum it seems that some of them even prefer Heskey :/

Well, I'm even more suprised, as I've pretty much never come across anyone who rates Heskey above Carew.

Carew is loved by the fans here. Heskey is tolerated, at the very best.

Carew's problem is that he blows hot and cold, more hot than cold at home, more cold than hot away from home. One thing he pretty much always does is he does very, very well when he first changes club, which is why I can't imagine MON wanting to see him go now and give a boost to a close rival.

Having a quick browse around Caulkin & Bird's twitter pages, it seems the mackems are trying to buy Kevin Kuranyi but he wants big wages, if he comes in they'll sell Jones for the right price. Seems Bird published it in the Mirror this morning so don't know it's validity.

According to BBCTotalSport on facey B Liverpool have signed Darren Bent ?

Look at the picture man, it's the old joke about a sign with Liverpool written on it being bent. It wasn't funny 6 months ago and it still isn't now.