Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Stoke away week on Sunday i imagine his first start will be

Fabregash, do you think Traore is going to play more? I like him.

Back to third choice i imagine behind Clichy and Gibbs, unfortunately, defensively he isn't that good compared to the other two. I'd like to see him stuck more to the wing he played very well there last season for Pompey and i think he may go out on loan again in January if Gibbs and Clichy stay on schedule.

I've only just noticed this.

No idea why Village Idiot likes Traore tbh. Last saturday was one of the worst performances I've ever seen by a Premiership full back and I've watched John O'Kane, Mitch Ward, Tony Thomas & Sandro Pistone in person. I don't think Ash will disagree that the lad cannot defend.

I think he can when he concentrates he just seems too eager to attack. He needs to sort it out because positionally he has had some very nervy poor moments.

Zaki having a Hull medical.

Used to like him.

Really? good move for them i think.

Most important thing about being in a relegation scrap is team unity and togetherness.

I can see a renowned twat like Zaki ruining any chances of that forming, as decent a player as Zaki is, I can see it being a bigger step towards relegation than away from it.

Arguably the most important thing for a shit team is being able to score.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

We and Real have been linked with Victor Moses.

Shut up!

I remember signing him for Crawley in FM08 and he was class!

Guest Stephen927

We and Real have been linked with Victor Moses.

Shut up!

I remember signing him for Crawley in FM08 and he was class!

Whatever Trevor!

Bloody hell - seemingly let Neill go out of sentiment. "A good opportunity for the lad came up..."

Fuck off David, he was contracted to us and should have been damn glad he got an opportunity at a good Premier League club. He's getting games and indeed was fitting in well with Heitinga. 750k is nothing in today's game and he's one of 2 available central (at the moment) defenders currently. Absolutely ridiculous.

Bloody hell - seemingly let Neill go out of sentiment. "A good opportunity for the lad came up..."

f*** off David, he was contracted to us and should have been damn glad he got an opportunity at a good Premier League club. He's getting games and indeed was fitting in well with Heitinga. 750k is nothing in today's game and he's one of 2 available central (at the moment) defenders currently. Absolutely ridiculous.

The whole thing is completely bizarre. Have you heard the stories about Saha being available too?

I still don't understand why you're not stronger, financially I mean.

f*** off David, he was contracted to us and should have been damn glad he got an opportunity at a good Premier League club. He's getting games and indeed was fitting in well with Heitinga. 750k is nothing in today's game and he's one of 2 available central (at the moment) defenders currently. Absolutely ridiculous.

The whole thing is completely bizarre. Have you heard the stories about Saha being available too?

The long and the short of it is that Kenwright doesn't have the money, and he's painfully said this time and again. It is depressing seeing sides like Villa, City and Spurs, teams we realistically are (ok, not right at the moment) competing with, get ahead of us by simply having more money.

I've heard of rumours, and I prey it is just that. Truthfully, I think he'll stay.

The long and the short of it is that Kenwright doesn't have the money, and he's painfully said this time and again. It is depressing seeing sides like Villa, City and Spurs, teams we realistically are (ok, not right at the moment) competing with, get ahead of us by simply having more money.

I've heard of rumours, and I prey it is just that. Truthfully, I think he'll stay.

It's not just that Kenwright doesn't have massive personal wealth though, that's a bit of a cop out.

It's more to do with the piss poor way he runs the club from a business point of view. Our debt has spiralled under Kenwright despite zero investment in the team or stadium.

It's not just that Kenwright doesn't have massive personal wealth though, that's a bit of a cop out.

It's more to do with the piss poor way he runs the club from a business point of view. Our debt has spiralled under Kenwright despite zero investment in the team or stadium.

WAfuckingGES

Oh aye, can't get away from that. He's one of those, comes across as nice and friendly in the interviews but really, has plenty of flaws. Big ones.

That's what I was thinking. City are clearly a different kettle of fish, Villa have a wealthy owner but, in theory, Everton should be able to do what Spurs have done (to an extent). Deloitte had Everton's wages/turnover at 75% in 2006-7, bad, but better than Villa's (82%). I'd have thought that would have come down since then.

Oh aye, can't get away from that. He's one of those, comes across as nice and friendly in the interviews but really, has plenty of flaws. Big ones.

there ain't much corporate facility's at goodison is there? without much of those a club will struggle to compete at the top level without some rich owner like at city or with lerner at villa.

The Sun reckons a Kenwyne Jones - Ryan Babel swap is on the cards!

And also that David Beckham will retire from football after the World Cup.

End It Like Beckham

This is how England fans hope to remember David Beckham - holding aloft the World Cup.

Goldenballs is sensationally planning to make July's Final his last ever match. He will then settle down back in Britain with wife Victoria and sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz.

A close family friend said: "The World Cup could be David's swan song. He wants it more than anything and he wants to go out with a bang. His mind is made up. He will spill his guts for his country on the world stage one last time - then he wants to be a dad."

Becks, 34, is currently on loan at AC Milan from LA Galaxy, where he has 18 months left of a five-year contract. But he has made a series of emotional calls from Italy to Victoria, 35, at their US home. He told her the recent death of his grandfather brought home the importance of his family - and that they belong in England.

He has sent Victoria a flower and love note every day from Milan and she has given her blessing to his wish. The friend added: "David and Victoria are getting on better than ever and after a wonderful family Christmas they have realised what really matters to them. Both of them have decided they want the family back in the UK."

But last night a spokesman for Becks insisted: "No decision has been taken."

The World Cup in South Africa will be Becks' FOURTH.

His career took off at Manchester United, making his debut in 1992. After six league titles and a Champions League medal he moved to Real Madrid in 2003. Four years later he signed for Galaxy and during the US close-season went on loan to Milan for the first time last January. His first international was in 1996. And last March he won a landmark 109th cap - making him the highest capped outfield England player ever.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2810953/Goldenballs-David-Beckham-planning-to-make-Julys-Final-his-last-ever-match.html

The Sun reckons a Kenwyne Jones - Ryan Babel swap is on the cards!

And also that David Beckham will retire from football after the World Cup.

End It Like Beckham

This is how England fans hope to remember David Beckham - holding aloft the World Cup.

Goldenballs is sensationally planning to make July's Final his last ever match. He will then settle down back in Britain with wife Victoria and sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz.

A close family friend said: "The World Cup could be David's swan song. He wants it more than anything and he wants to go out with a bang. His mind is made up. He will spill his guts for his country on the world stage one last time - then he wants to be a dad."

Becks, 34, is currently on loan at AC Milan from LA Galaxy, where he has 18 months left of a five-year contract. But he has made a series of emotional calls from Italy to Victoria, 35, at their US home. He told her the recent death of his grandfather brought home the importance of his family - and that they belong in England.

He has sent Victoria a flower and love note every day from Milan and she has given her blessing to his wish. The friend added: "David and Victoria are getting on better than ever and after a wonderful family Christmas they have realised what really matters to them. Both of them have decided they want the family back in the UK."

But last night a spokesman for Becks insisted: "No decision has been taken."

The World Cup in South Africa will be Becks' FOURTH.

His career took off at Manchester United, making his debut in 1992. After six league titles and a Champions League medal he moved to Real Madrid in 2003. Four years later he signed for Galaxy and during the US close-season went on loan to Milan for the first time last January. His first international was in 1996. And last March he won a landmark 109th cap - making him the highest capped outfield England player ever.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2810953/Goldenballs-David-Beckham-planning-to-make-Julys-Final-his-last-ever-match.html

i know a lot of mackems were convinced a deal was in place for jones to liverpool had they went down last season.

That's what I was thinking. City are clearly a different kettle of fish, Villa have a wealthy owner but, in theory, Everton should be able to do what Spurs have done (to an extent). Deloitte had Everton's wages/turnover at 75% in 2006-7, bad, but better than Villa's (82%). I'd have thought that would have come down since then.

Do what Spurs have done in which sense?

They've finished above Villa and Spurs the last two years. It's not like they're some hopelessy romantic plucky losers aspiring to do better.

From Teamtalk

[/qu

Paper Talk: Gerrard to quit Reds

NEWS OF THE WORLD

Liverpool's owners are at war again over manager Rafa Benitez.

Pep Guardiola is being sounded out about taking over from Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United.

Manchester City have been snubbed in their £38m bid for Argentina striker Angel di Maria.

Tottenham will lead the chase for Joe Cole if he decides to leave Chelsea in the summer.

Paul Hart will be offered an immediate return to work by Spurs to head the club's academy.

Kieran Richardson is wanted by Birmingham City.

Portsmouth hope to take Giovani dos Santos on loan from Tottenham.

Steve Bruce looks close to taking Portsmouth midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng to Sunderland.

Martin O'Neill will not be given a cash windfall to help Aston Villa's push for fourth place in the Premier League.

David Gold and David Sullivan look set to take control of West Ham on Tuesday.

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Steven Gerrard is ready to quit Anfield with Inter Milan and Manchester City chasing the Liverpool captain.

DAILY STAR

Liverpool legend Graeme Souness has told Rafa Benitez to quit now.

Rafa Benitez will be thrown a £100m lifeline to rescue him from his Liverpool hell.

Marseille are willing to hand Ryan Babel an escape route out of Liverpool.

Rafa Benitez wants Serbian winger Milos Krasic with negotiations takin place about a £12m fee.

Ruud van Nisterooy is ready to snub the Premier League in favour of a switch to Galatasaray.

Birmingham are raedy to make a £5m swoop for Adam Johnson.

Manchester City have won the race to sign Montenegro wonder-kid Nikola Zvrko.

Hull have joined Sheffield United in the race to sign Birmingham outcast Gary McSheffrey.

Hull's Caleb Folan could be heading to Leeds to replace Jermaine Beckford.

David Beckham is considering buying a franchise of his own in the USA once he retires from football.

Bologna striker Pablo Osvaldo has rejected an offer from Fulham and joined Espanyol instead.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Manchester United could be set for a £1.2 billion takeover with the club's owners discussing potential Middle East investment.

Liverpool will receive a £100m investment next month.

Manchester United's search for another 'keeper has been thrown off-course by Schalke's £20m valuation of Manuel Neuer.

Only a new owner would lure Jose Mourinho to Anfield if Liverpool sack Rafa Benitez.

SUNDAY MIRROR

Joe Cole is set to join Manchester City as a free agent in the summer.

Patrick Vieira took a 500 percent pay cut to join Manchester City.

Mike Ashley has slapped a £30,000 per week ceiling on the wages of new players arriving at Newcastle.

West Ham boss Gianfranco Zola is determined to stay at Upton Park.

West Ham have turned down a cash-plus-player offer from Manchester City for Valon Behrami.

Everton have stepped up their pursuit of French international defender Rod Fanni.

Spartak Moscow and Galatasaray have emerged as strong favourites to sign Tottenham's £15m striker Roman Pavlyuchenko.

THE PEOPLE

Mark Hughes has been sounded out over replacing Rafa Benitez at Liverpool.

Patrick Vieira's move to Manchester City went through even though he failed a medical.

Paul Hart left QPR after a bust-up over player recruitment.

Everton fear losing Louis Saha this summer for nothing.

Hull want to sign Tottenham's Kyle Naughton on loan.

Burnley boss Brian Laws is ready to make a £1.5m move for Scunthorpe striker Gary Hooper.

West Ham are chasing Brazilian winger Alan.

Bolton are close to landing Jack Wilshere and Vladimir Weiss on loan.

Sunderland have not given hope of signing Kevin Kuranyi.