Other clubs' transfers

Dave

They should play Joe Cole more if that's what they want. He's top class. Don't know if injuries have had their toll mind.

He wants to be on similar money to Lampard, Drogba and Terry, which is basically insane.

They should play Joe Cole more if that's what they want. He's top class. Don't know if injuries have had their toll mind.

He wants to be on similar money to Lampard, Drogba and Terry, which is basically insane.

That's what happens when a player runs his contract down though. You've got to pay over the odds to keep him, especially when he hasn't been selected as much as he'd want. How much would Joe Cole fetch under contract? Probably in the similar ball park as these players.

How much is he getting paid now btw?

That's what happens when a player runs his contract down though. You've got to pay over the odds to keep him, especially when he hasn't been selected as much as he'd want. How much would Joe Cole fetch under contract? Probably in the similar ball park as these players.

90k i think, we wants to be on 140k or so which roman seems to object to

Probably worth paying then since he's a £15-20m player, on fire possibly £10m more.

Even if it's to keep him for a season and selling him, the extra £2.5m a year is worth it.

He's 29 this year, would need next season to re-establish himself by which time he'd be near 30. Don't think anyone bar Citeh would pay 20m for him now. I'd like to see him go abroad, always been one I thought would be a success in a slower paced league.

Spanish rumours of today:

- Zigic to Liverpool with Riera heading the other direction in a straight swap deal.

- Real Madrid closing in to Silva, although they haven't talked to Mourinho yet and will wait until he takes over.

- Marchena another of the players Valencia could be forced to sell, he has come out and said that he might leave.

- Sevilla's president said they are going to sign "3 or more" players, most of them in midfield. They are also getting their new manager this week.

- Zigic to Liverpool with Riera heading the other direction in a straight swap deal.

- Real Madrid closing in to Silva, although they haven't talked to Mourinho yet and will wait until he takes over.

- Marchena another of the players Valencia could be forced to sell, he has come out and said that he might leave.

- Sevilla's president said they are going to sign "3 or more" players, most of them in midfield. They are also getting their new manager this week.

Winning the Copa Del Rey and qualifying for the Champions League not enough for the caretaker to win the job then? :lol:

Oh and Rodwell has signed a long-rumoured (locally) new 5 year deal to the surprise of nobody except national newspaper journos. Shame that £20m transfer to Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/City didn't go through eh.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

not sure if it's been mentioned but the mackems were linked to tuncay a couple of days ago for £4m. shame that's out of our range because i think he'd do well here

Do you not think he's another lots of running no end product guy? I think he's distribution is better than Jonas' but I wouldn't want two on the team.

Winning the Copa Del Rey and qualifying for the Champions League not enough for the caretaker to win the job then? :lol:

Oh and Rodwell has signed a long-rumoured (locally) new 5 year deal to the surprise of nobody except national newspaper journos. Shame that £20m transfer to Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/City didn't go through eh.

To be frank he's not ruled out Álvarez (the caretaker), just that he wants the managerial spot "sorted" this week. Everybody assumes it's going to be Manzano who's just left Mallorca due to their financial problems, but he's denied an approach so far.

Incidentally...

http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagenes/2010/05/24/futbol/equipos/sevilla/1274707832_extras_portadilla_0.jpg

Del Nido looking smooth  :coolsmiley:

Probably worth paying then since he's a £15-20m player, on fire possibly £10m more.

Even if it's to keep him for a season and selling him, the extra £2.5m a year is worth it.

Exactly. Cole's not worth £140k a week but it would cost Chelsea much more than that to replace him if he walked away for nothing.

It would probably need a £15m player who's taking circa £100k a week in wages on a 4 year contract. That's a cool £35m to pay for his replacement. He's only asking for more cash because he knows he holds the big cards in the negotiations.

Chopra is wanted by Ipswich.

Pretty damn sure Keane fell out with him at Sunderland. I know at the time many of their fans felt he didnt get a fair crack of the whip.

was that a deliberate itk jokey thing there ?

The Sun are an absolute mess. Yes, Everton will bid £4m for free agent Joe Ledley  :facepalm:

EVERTON are ready to test Cardiff with a £4million bid for Joe Ledley.

The Bluebirds are still reeling from their Championship play-off final heartbreak to Blackpool and are struggling financially.

They have dodged winding-up orders by the taxman this season but must sell players after missing out on the £90m Premier League payday.

Wales international Ledley, 23, has been tracked by Toffees chief David Moyes since last season.

Money is also tight at Goodison but Moyes rates Ledley so highly he would be prepared to go as high as £6m to land him.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2985620/Everton-in-4m-go-for-Joe.html#ixzz0otx880oN

But it looks like Darren Ambrose is off to QPR for 750k  :kasper: Absolute bargain!

Crystal Palace have accepted a £750,000 offer from Queens Park Rangers for Darren Ambrose.

Sportsmail revealed last week that the Loftus Road club tabled the bid and Ambrose will meet with Rangers manager Neil Warnock this week to discuss terms.

QPR have also completed the signing of Sheffield Wednesday striker Leon Clarke, 25, on a free transfer.

The money from the sale of Ambrose will be used to fund cash-strapped Palace through the summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1281135/Cash-strapped-Crystal-Palace-agree-sell-Darren-Ambrose-QPR-750-000.html#ixzz0otxK1rXs

The Sun are an absolute mess. Yes, Everton will bid £4m for free agent Joe Ledley  :facepalm:

The Bluebirds are still reeling from their Championship play-off final heartbreak to Blackpool and are struggling financially.

They have dodged winding-up orders by the taxman this season but must sell players after missing out on the £90m Premier League payday.

Wales international Ledley, 23, has been tracked by Toffees chief David Moyes since last season.

Money is also tight at Goodison but Moyes rates Ledley so highly he would be prepared to go as high as £6m to land him.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2985620/Everton-in-4m-go-for-Joe.html#ixzz0otx880oN

This is insane if you ask me. Parachute payments should go and the money redistributed more equally between the Championship clubs.

They probaly wanted to play Joe cole more, but his constant injuries and ineffectual play when he was fit have prevented that. Not only should Chelsea not give him his requested salary, they should offer him any sort of contract whatsoever as his services are no longer required.

This is insane if you ask me. Parachute payments should go and the money redistributed more equally between the Championship clubs.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you fully, but when you get rid of parachute payments, you end up with Celta Vigo and Real Sociedad.

not sure if it's been mentioned but the mackems were linked to tuncay a couple of days ago for £4m. shame that's out of our range because i think he'd do well here

He done fuck all for Boro and Stoke. What makes anyone think he would do well here?

They probaly wanted to play Joe cole more, but his constant injuries and ineffectual play when he was fit have prevented that. Not only should Chelsea not give him his requested salary, they should offer him any sort of contract whatsoever as his services are no longer required.

I'm not sure I'm understanding you fully, but when you get rid of parachute payments, you end up with Celta Vigo and Real Sociedad.

so ?