Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Having not been given any chances since moving to Chelsea shouldn't fool anybody into thinking Anelka is damaged goods. He was dominating while he was at Bolton during the first part of the Season and he's clearly one of the best strikers in the league.

Heck, straight swap with Berbatov would probably be fair, never mind that crazy deal

Guest teepee

bosingwa, belletti, ferreira - three good but overpaid and expensive right backs

another fine move by a club who aren't even certain who's going to manage their recently overpriced player next year

With Eto'o now looking to be on his way to Inter, Berbatov's replacement still to be sorted.  Latest info from ITK's is that Chelsea want Berbatov and have offered Anelka, SWP and £5m for him, plus contribute to the wage bill to preserve our salary structure.

I'd settle for that, one sulk for another with sweep thrown in (and presumably Lennon to be moved on), but I know a lot of fans just see Anelka as tainted goods and won't accept him even if he is wearing the shirt.  I don't think this option will happen either tbh.

Fucking hell. mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

With Eto'o now looking to be on his way to Inter, Berbatov's replacement still to be sorted.  Latest info from ITK's is that Chelsea want Berbatov and have offered Anelka, SWP and £5m for him, plus contribute to the wage bill to preserve our salary structure.

I'd settle for that, one sulk for another with sweep thrown in (and presumably Lennon to be moved on), but I know a lot of fans just see Anelka as tainted goods and won't accept him even if he is wearing the shirt.  I don't think this option will happen either tbh.

Fucking hell. mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Jesus fuking wepticles.

They've obviously paid through the nose to get the lad in but when you have one of the richest men in the world throwing cash at the club they can afford to. They've bought him early enough to get him settled in and they'll be hoping he hits the ground running in August. The inflated price is no guarantee he'll do the business however.

Wish we were in a position to do that tbh. 

Bought him to stop Man U buying him i reckon.

They've obviously paid through the nose to get the lad in but when you have one of the richest men in the world throwing cash at the club they can afford to. They've bought him early enough to get him settled in and they'll be hoping he hits the ground running in August. The inflated price is no guarantee he'll do the business however.

Wish we were in a position to do that tbh. 

Bought him to stop Man U buying him i reckon.

Milan used to do exactly the same thing for years under Berlusconi.

Guest NorthernSoul

Dani Alves in talks with two clubs supposed to be Man Utd and Barcelona

Alves is awesome, imo probably the best Right Full Back playing in Europe. He'd be an awesome addition for Man Utd

Interesting this, from MON:

As Villa prepare for next season's Intertoto Cup, Martin O'Neill insists the long-term target remains Champions League football.

And the Villa boss is set for talks with Randy Lerner as the pair prepare to bolster the squad ahead of the 2008-09 campaign.

Success in next term's Intertoto would see Villa into the UEFA Cup but O'Neill has his sights set even higher as he continues to build at Villa Park.

He said: "The idea of the football club is that obviously we would have the same drive and ambition as Newcastle United, all those sides - Champions League is where you want to go. I think people would want to harbour that ambition.

"I'm not saying the Villa fans harboured that thought a couple of seasons ago, but deep down any Villa fan worth his salt would like to think that that is where the club would like to go."

http://www.avfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~1311593,00.html

So, he's saying major props to your former board for spending a bit and having a go.

*dons helmet, prepares for quote-pyramid-madness and a familiar old argument*

Fair play to him. You think you'll have much to spend this summer? Decent chance of kicking on if you get in one or two class players and strengthen the squad a bit imo.

Fair play to him. You think you'll have much to spend this summer? Decent chance of kicking on if you get in one or two class players and strengthen the squad a bit imo.

Word has it (from a son of a board member, so doesn't get much more reliable) (well, you know what i mean) that Lerner practically begged MON to spend more last summer. He's made a really decent amount available, but MON insisted he'd only bid for the players he really wanted.

The money will be there with a bit more this summer, and he's making all the right noises this time.

Guest Stephen927

Hleb to join "one of the biggest clubs in the world in the next ten days" according to his agent

Congratulations on Keegan's first transfer of the summer!