Other clubs' transfers

Dave

Hope he does end up going to the Arsenal after the way Benitez has gone on. Preferably for less money too. :)

What I hope most of all, is that he stays at Villa, the way O'Neill has gone on.

Fair enough. Do you approve of the way Benitez and Gerrard have conducted themselves over the potential Barry transfer?

Oh I forgot to do this..

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Andy Cole  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif gone to Forrest  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif My brother in law is a Forrest fan, he was here for the week when the news broke, oh how I laughed, oh how he cried.

:lol:

Fair enough. Do you approve of the way Benitez and Gerrard have conducted themselves over the potential Barry transfer?

Probably not the first time Rafa hasn't set about a transfer the right way, and he ain't the only manager. But what am I gonna do. It's up to the league to step in IF they think managers are out of line.

As for Gerrard, he should keep his gob shut.

I just find it hilarious how O'Neill can't keep his ample trap shut, and is yapping to the press about this all the time.

I'd love nothing more than for Liverpool to pull out of the deal,  but they probably won't. Barry isn't all that, and certainly isn't worth 15 mill, whatever nationality he is.

Guest kingdawson

Probably not the first time Rafa hasn't set about a transfer the right way, and he ain't the only manager. But what am I gonna do. It's up to the league to step in IF they think managers are out of line.

I just find it hilarious how O'Neill can't keep his ample trap shut, and is yapping to the press about this all the time.

I'd love nothing more than for Liverpool to pull out of the deal,  but they probably won't. Barry isn't all that, and certainly isn't worth 15 mill, whatever nationality he is.

How do you feel about Robbie Keane possibly joining?

MON  was annoyed that, two days before a crucial end of season game against Wigan, Liverpool make an offer and it leaks into the press, to the Liverpool Echo. In those circumstances, he is going to have to comment, and he was asked about the offer in his weekly press conference.

Then shortly after we get Gerrard talking about how Barry needs to leave to play on the CL stage, and how Villa fans should understand this etc etc - kind of ironic after Gerrard almost walking out on Liverpool to go to Chelsea not too long ago.

It is all very shabby and not the way Liverpool used to do things.

After these unsettling tactics fail to work, the player then gets his agent to issue a statement slagging off MON for not being in contact / not making him feel "wanted" (incidentally, his agent has been hawking him around - primarily to Chelsea - since the start of the year, so this really doesn't wash).

As for MON going on about it - he hasn't. He has consistently said that we've got a figure we want for Barry, and Liverpool haven't matched it. Until then, there's nothing to talk about (which there isn't).

The implication from Liverpool is that we should roll over and let you have him, or you'll take your money elsewhere. That might have worked a few years ago, but we don't need the money, and we don't need to sell unless we want to.

If you want him, Benitez knows the price. If you don't want to pay the price, go elsewhere, but the underhand snidey stuff is really not very nice at all.

tbh, If i was a prem manager my team would be packed full of foreigners as the expensive English players REALLY aren't up to much.

£16m+ for Bentley and Barry? now that is kurrrrrraaayyyzeeeeee

MON  was annoyed that, two days before a crucial end of season game against Wigan, Liverpool make an offer and it leaks into the press, to the Liverpool Echo. In those circumstances, he is going to have to comment, and he was asked about the offer in his weekly press conference.

Then shortly after we get Gerrard talking about how Barry needs to leave to play on the CL stage, and how Villa fans should understand this etc etc - kind of ironic after Gerrard almost walking out on Liverpool to go to Chelsea not too long ago.

It is all very shabby and not the way Liverpool used to do things.

After these unsettling tactics fail to work, the player then gets his agent to issue a statement slagging off MON for not being in contact / not making him feel "wanted" (incidentally, his agent has been hawking him around - primarily to Chelsea - since the start of the year, so this really doesn't wash).

As for MON going on about it - he hasn't. He has consistently said that we've got a figure we want for Barry, and Liverpool haven't matched it. Until then, there's nothing to talk about (which there isn't).

The implication from Liverpool is that we should roll over and let you have him, or you'll take your money elsewhere. That might have worked a few years ago, but we don't need the money, and we don't need to sell unless we want to.

If you want him, Benitez knows the price. If you don't want to pay the price, go elsewhere, but the underhand snidey stuff is really not very nice at all.

I don't care about Villa or Liverpool, I'm as close to neutral as it's possible to get when it comes to these two clubs, but the feeling I get is that Brummie is speaking a lot of sense and truth in this post.  The Liverpool fans defending Benitez's/Gerrard's conduct in this story just come across as apologists, really.  Not that Barry himself has been any more of an example, but there you go.

How do you feel about Robbie Keane possibly joining?

Better than I feel about Barry joining for stupid money, not that this is saying much ;)

For me what Liverpool need to do this summer:

sign a right back - done

sign a decent left back and sell Riise - done

sign a back up goalie - done

sign a good wide midfielder / winger - needs doing

sign a decent striker - needs doing.

Then not sell Alonso and not buy Barry for a silly fee.

That'd be alright by me.

Don't know where else to put this because it probably doesn't deserve a thread of its own but a few Norwich sites are reporting Kadar has signed on loan for them.

http://norwichcity.rivals.net/teams/pgclubhome.aspx?clubid=57

I'd assume that would mean another left back is coming in?

Kadar would have been third in line I'd guess

Aye. You would hope this means we've got something tied-up ourselves.

Guest kingdawson

Wayne Bridge just signed a new 4 year contract at Chelsea. Clearly more bothered about his high wages than actually getting any games.

What a moron.

Fair play Rafa.  :thup:

Franck Queudrue leaves Birmingham on a free transfer.

Was always going to happen after Sullivan came out and blasted him a few weeks back. It made his position untenable. 

Just got in to the news of the apparent interest we may have in barry.

Not an improvement on Flamini tbh, good player though, could see him being succesful with Fabregas, would rather a different player, dont know who though...

Alot of money for an English man...