So when's that first signing coming?

oldtype
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soon, I would imagine.  It would make sense from a PR perspective to move quickly and get some positive news out in the next week to show everyone there isn't a problem.  Keegan, Wise & Mort at a press conference with the new player, shaking hands, smiling, talking about how well the new system is working etc. 

Soon, I would imagine.  It would make sense from a PR perspective to move quickly and get some positive news out in the next week to show everyone there isn't a problem.  Keegan, Wise & Mort at a press conference with the new player, shaking hands, smiling, talking about how well the new system is working etc. 

God I hope that happens. Keegan has said and we already know thats how he deals in the transfer market - by announcing a press conference and showing the player then. I think we'll only know about a transfer if its failed, a la modric. Makes things more exciting doesn't it? :D

• 1 month later...
1999 United confirmed the signing of another Frenchman, as TV chef lookie-likie Franck Dumas arrived from Monaco in a £500k deal.

2000 Argentinean striker Daniel Cordone agreed on a 12-month deal at a cost of £500k from Racing Club - subject to a medical. He became our second signing from that country in as many months, following Christian Bassedas.

2001 Arriving for a second spell at the club was Robbie Elliott, who joined up just as our Intertoto participation was confirmed by UEFA. Elliott came from Bolton on a free.

2007 David Rozehnal's move to Newcastle was confirmed after he passed a medical on Tyneside. The 26 year-old Czech international completed a four year deal at a cost of around £3m.

I hope we don't sign anyone today. :lol: