The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nothing new really

THE Northern Echo claims that Newcastle United will spark a Europe-wide bidding war by making a £10m offer for highly-rated midfielder Andrei Arshavin as soon as Russia's interest at Euro 2008 is at an end.

The 27-year-old netted in his country's crucial 2-0 Group D win over Sweden on Wednesday which sets up their quarter-final showdown with Holland in Basel on Saturday.

But, with club side Zenit St.Petersburg desperate to keep hold of their star player, it is thought the Geordies could face a fight to land Arshavin.

The same paper says that United are still interested in Galatasary's Arda Turan, another player who is currently starring at Euro 2008.

Hadn't seen too much of Arshavin before yesterday, but he is clearly a top drawer player. I think he is out of our league, and I'd be surprised if he ended up at anything less than a prestige Champions League club.

Hadn't seen too much of Arshavin before yesterday, but he is clearly a top drawer player. I think he is out of our league, and I'd be surprised if he ended up at anything less than a prestige Champions League club.

I hope we do somehow get him, would cheer a lot of people up around here.

He wants out.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3718653,00.html

Zenit - Arshavin wants to leave

Zenit St Petersburg coach Dick Advocaat has confirmed that Andrei Arshavin wants to leave the club.

The Russian star had a brilliant domestic campaign last season helping Zenit to the league title and Uefa Cup.

Arshavin only added to his reputation when he starred in Russia's final Euro 2008 group game - after being suspended for start of the tournament - against Sweden as scored the winner in the 2-0 triumph.

The 27-year-old is being tracked by clubs from Italy, Spain, France, Germany and England - with the likes of Newcastle, Manchester City, Everton and more recently Arsenal said to be interested.

Now Advocaat has confirmed that Arshavin want to move to one of Europe's biggest leagues.

"Andrei has told us that he wishes to change clubs," Advocaat told reporters on Friday.

"At present, in the way of offers, it is quiet.

"The situation may well change after the game against Holland for the national side."

This thread is as embarrassing as fuck. 24 fuckin pages?!?!!  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

You're right, we should cap threads on players we're interested in and linked to at 10 pages. This thread is an abomination and I'm sickened by the very thought of it.

Yet they haven't denied Newcastle's bid.

They don't need to. Arsenal are an infinitely bigger name than us.

So its only neccesary to deny bids from clubs of a certain size?  ??? :lol:

This thread is as embarrassing as fuck. 24 fuckin pages?!?!!  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Why don't you start an insightful and interesting topic that people can discuss instead of posting in here then?

Yet they haven't denied Newcastle's bid.

They don't need to. Arsenal are an infinitely bigger name than us.

So its only neccesary to deny bids from clubs of a certain size?  ??? :lol:

I just mean it's obviously much bigger news when a name like Arsenal is mentioned. So much so that they felt they had to address the rumours. When it's us they don't care.

If the latest rumours are to be believed Adebayor is off to Barca and want either Arshvin or Martins as his replacement...Would you sacrifice Oba if it meant gettin Arshavin.  Personally i'd cash in on Oba, providing we have AA tied up and also bring in Gudjohnsson from Barca...Them 2 playing with Owen would be tremendous.

If the latest rumours are to be believed Adebayor is off to Barca and want either Arshvin or Martins as his replacement...Would you sacrifice Oba if it meant gettin Arshavin.  Personally i'd cash in on Oba, providing we have AA tied up and also bring in Gudjohnsson from Barca...Them 2 playing with Owen would be tremendous.

fool?

Arsenal are not interested in Oba. The media have been linking him to them ever since he arrived here, my guess is it's purely because he's a young African. If they were interested they would have bid my now. Neither are Adebayor replacements anyway. Arshavin is a playmaker and Oba is a little nippy guy who likes to drop deep.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but there is an interesting interview with ex-captain of Zenit, Erik Hagen (now Wigan), in a Norwegian newspaper today. He basically said that Arshavin has quite a "bad boy" lifestyle, seeing other women when he's on a night out in St. Petersburg, even though he's married and has got two children. That wouldn't be anything new to us like, but anyway. Hagen also said that Arshavin has attitude problems, for instance not bothering when Zenit are playing teams in Sibir and other remote places. And a fun fact: Arshavin has actually studied fashion design, allegedly because "that's where all the nice women are", according to himself.

Don't know if it has been mentioned, but there is an interesting interview with ex-captain of Zenit, Erik Hagen (now Wigan), in a Norwegian newspaper today. He basically said that Arshavin has quite a "bad boy" lifestyle, seeing other women when he's on a night out in St. Petersburg, even though he's married and has got two children. That wouldn't be anything new to us like, but anyway. Hagen also said that Arshavin has attitude problems, for instance not bothering when Zenit are playing teams in Sibir and other remote places. And a fun fact: Arshavin has actually studied fashion design, allegedly because "that's where all the nice women are", according to himself.

This may just be the reason the bigger clubs don't seem to be pushing the boat out for him as you'd expect.