The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest teepee

i'd prefer arda over asharvin - but simply because aa plays the "owen" role in our team

if owen goes aa would be perfect

Guest Deep456

i'd prefer arda over asharvin - but simply because aa plays the "owen" role in our team

Nah Arshavin has performed in Europe aswell as the qualifiers. Where as, Arda is a more unknown quantity.

Nah Arshavin has performed in Europe aswell as the qualifiers. Where as, Arda is a more unknown quantity.

i prefer them both especially arda still 21. arshavin more experience though

If we can get at least one out of Arshavin, Turan, or van der Vaart I will be happy - two and I'd be ecstatic.

I'm sure they'll all be desperate to play for a mid-table Premier League team with a penchant for ruining promising footballers.

Well impressed with the majority of the Russians, I'd be delighted if we got Zhirkov and Arshavin. Zhirkov could easily convert to LM and become the best LM the clubs had in recent memory by dint of his ability to track back and defend.

Well impressed with the majority of the Russians, I'd be delighted if we got Zhirkov and Arshavin. Zhirkov could easily convert to LM and become the best LM the clubs had in recent memory by dint of his ability to track back and defend.

He is a left winger for club being played at full back for country.

Guest BigAl2

After the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, who are obviously way out of reach for us I can't think of anyone I would rather have at Newcastle than Arshavin the man is class!

Unfortunately I fear that his performances in Europe and the Euros might just of put him into a different bracket.

he was lacking work ethic for me and i cant see where he would fit in. doesnt run enough for a cm but cant really fit him in a front 3/2 either. good passing though but is 27 whereas arda has all that and is 21.

Guest sondre

he was lacking work ethic for me and i cant see where he would fit in. doesnt run enough for a cm but cant really fit him in a front 3/2 either. good passing though but is 27 whereas arda has all that and is 21.

[/quote

Can't believe anyone would take Arda over Arshavin. Arshavin dominates the game, and he has proven himself through the UEFA-cup. Arda only shows bits here and there and would be a big gamble. Doesn't possess the pace of the Russian either, a quality we're in desperate need of.

I can cateogorically state that we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of signing Arshavin, just ain't gonna happen. He's destined for bigger and better things I'm afraid.

Oh. Well that's that then.

Arshavin is much more complete that Arda. He can dominate a game a drifts in and out. I would take Arshavin myself, like someone said before, he is Beardsley-esque.

he imposed himself. Very impressive he was too.

news on him tomorrow according to the journo on the blackburn forum.

he's hit and miss with his info though, with more misses than hits.

i guess he's the craig bellamy of journo's.

interesting all the same though

From wiki:

He has agreed to sign an extension to his contract with Zenit if he cannot secure a transfer before the 20th of June. This deadline has led to Kevin Keegan making a suposed £11 million bid, in an attempt to lure the player to Newcastle United

Who did it, own up!