The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7491765.stm

Russia forward Andrei Arshavin has dealt a blow to any Premier League suitors after it was revealed he only wants to play for Barcelona.

Barca are the sole club to have bid for the £20m-rated Zenit St Petersburg star, despite reports suggesting he was set for talks with Arsenal and Chelsea.

"Arshavin wants to move to Barcelona - he doesn't want to play anywhere else," a Zenit spokesman told BBC Sport.

The 27-year-old shone at Euro 2008, helping Russia reach the semi-finals.

However, Zenit's asking price for Arshavin may prove to be a major stumbling block in any potential deal.

"Barcelona have made an offer but we are still negotiating with them. I don't know when a decision will be made but I think Arshavin will leave the club," added the Zenit spokesman.

The negotiating could be over the "£20m to £25m" fee Zenit coach Dick Advocaat expects for his striker.

Barcelona told BBC Sport they would not be making any comment on the current situation.

Arshavin, who scored twice during Euro 2008 after missing the first two games because of suspension, has been given leave of absence while he decides on his future.

"Andrei won't play until things are all cleared up," confirmed Advocaat.

"It's a joint decision. Better put, I told him he shouldn't play and he agreed."

From the minute Barca confirmed their interest he wasn't going anywhere else.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/2008/06/25/ufnarsbrad125.jpg

Does this really look like a man who gives a fuck what anyone thinks he's worth? He'll get his money, you just wait and see.

all just paper talk at the minute,all transfer fees and wages are purely speculation and days after slagging off the press some are falling for it again.

(hang your heads in shame)

I've got a feeling he isn't arsed if he moves or not. Not this season at least, especially with Zenit in the CL next season. He might as well play that and move in Jan.

I've got a feeling he isn't arsed if he moves or not. Not this season at least, especially with Zenit in the CL next season. He might as well play that and move in Jan.

then he'd be cup tied if he moved to a team with a chance of winning it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/7491765.stm

Russia forward Andrei Arshavin has dealt a blow to any Premier League suitors after it was revealed he only wants to play for Barcelona.

Barca are the sole club to have bid for the £20m-rated Zenit St Petersburg star, despite reports suggesting he was set for talks with Arsenal and Chelsea.

"Arshavin wants to move to Barcelona - he doesn't want to play anywhere else," a Zenit spokesman told BBC Sport.

The 27-year-old shone at Euro 2008, helping Russia reach the semi-finals.

However, Zenit's asking price for Arshavin may prove to be a major stumbling block in any potential deal.

"Barcelona have made an offer but we are still negotiating with them. I don't know when a decision will be made but I think Arshavin will leave the club," added the Zenit spokesman.

The negotiating could be over the "£20m to £25m" fee Zenit coach Dick Advocaat expects for his striker.

Barcelona told BBC Sport they would not be making any comment on the current situation.

Arshavin, who scored twice during Euro 2008 after missing the first two games because of suspension, has been given leave of absence while he decides on his future.

"Andrei won't play until things are all cleared up," confirmed Advocaat.

"It's a joint decision. Better put, I told him he shouldn't play and he agreed."

From the minute Barca confirmed their interest he wasn't going anywhere else.

That story's been changed now, apparently Barca have pulled out..

Tin hat on, but I wouldn't have a problem paying him £8m a year as long as the fee wasn't much higher than £12m. I think Barca will be back in sooner or later.

And Zenit are likely to accept our 12 million squids after turning down the same amount from Barcelona because...?  :idiot2:

Tin hat on, but I wouldn't have a problem paying him £8m a year as long as the fee wasn't much higher than £12m. I think Barca will be back in sooner or later.

And Zenit are likely to accept our 12 million squids after turning down the same amount from Barcelona because...?   :idiot2:

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. I meant that Barca will up their bid slighty, because paying £8m a year isn't really a problem. Didn't mean to say we'd be buying him. Cheers for the smiley though :)