The Andrei Arshavin thread

Guest NUFC4
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I had a dream two nights ago, speaking to Keegan. Said we were getting two Russians in but didn't react to my quesion 'was one of them Arshavin'.

That would get on Newsnow.

Uh-oh. Ultimatum time.

Zenit official Konstantin Sarsania said: "Andrei wants to try playing in one of the leading European leagues, but if he doesn't leave us by June 20 he'll stay in the team."

To: Kevin Keegan

Subject: Andrei Arshavin

Zdravstvujtye Comrade Keegan,

We hear from British press you are interested in buying Comrade Arshavin.

We would like to sell to you this player. We give you very good price, but we need to have offer before June 20.

Hope to be hearing from you soon.

Do svidaniya,

Konstantin Sarsania

Out of Office Reply: Andrei Arshavin

To: Konstantin Sarsania

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately everyone is currently out of the office on vacation.

We will be back in 2 weeks and shall endeavor to reply to your email at that time.

For urgent matters, please contact [email protected]

Regards, KK

Uh-oh. Ultimatum time.

Zenit official Konstantin Sarsania said: "Andrei wants to try playing in one of the leading European leagues, but if he doesn't leave us by June 20 he'll stay in the team."

To: Kevin Keegan

Subject: Andrei Arshavin

Zdravstvujtye Comrade Keegan,

We hear from British press you are interested in buying Comrade Arshavin.

We would like to sell to you this player. We give you very good price, but we need to have offer before June 20.

Hope to be hearing from you soon.

Do svidaniya,

Konstantin Sarsania

Out of Office Reply: Andrei Arshavin

To: Konstantin Sarsania

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately everyone is currently out of the office on vacation.

We will be back in 2 weeks and shall endeavor to reply to your email at that time.

For urgent matters, please contact [email protected]

Regards, KK

mackems.gif

Post of the day right there like!

Guest sicko2ndbest

The race to sign Zenit St Petersburg star Andrei Arshavin is heating up as Newcastle have reacted to reports that Manchester City are circling in on the player by intensifying their own efforts.

Newcastle's director of football Dennis Wise has reportedly met with Arshavin's agent to sell him on the prospect of his star client signing for the Geordies once Euro 2008 has run its course.

Newcastle have been credited as being long-term admirers of the 26-year-old, and Arshavin has previously claimed that he would be open to a move to St. James' Park.

"Of course I would like to play in England," he told the Daily Mirror last December..

"In Russia as well as England they are talking about Newcastle being interested in me and there has been no concrete offer.

"In principle if they made an offer I would be interested."

Zenit boss Dick Advocaat has already admitted the club are likely to lose their crown jewel, and the latest statement from his club suggests that judgment day may even be less than a week away.

“If Arshavin doesn’t leave by June 20 he’ll stay in the team,” confirmed club official Konstantin Sarsania.

The Russia star was vital to Zenit’s European success, earning strong interest from several clubs, including Everton, Roma and Schalke reportedly.

Arshavin has yet to make an impact on Euro 2008, as he is suspended for Russia's first two games.  He could prove pivotal for them in their final group game against Sweden, however.

Guest Geordie Boyo

You see a lot of young lads with pace looking like they could potentially become a player like him, but never do. He obviously has worked hard at his game and I would love to see a player of his quality at Newcastle. If we can pull this off I can see him being as effective as Andy Cole was for us.

I can't really see it happening though as we haven't signed any players to show Arshavin our ambition.

We could be making a move for the likes of Wright-Phillips & a couple of decent defenders. That would show players like Arshavin that we're heading in the right direction otherwise why would he want to come here when he could go to the likes of Arsenal, or even Spurs with the players they are currently recruiting?

Guest sicko2ndbest

You lot are a disgrace, should be up to at least 15 pages by now.

Have you no passion 

http://www.newsguardian.co.uk/newcastleunited/Newcastle-linked-with-11m-Russian.4186062.jp

Newcastle linked with £11m Russian star

Published Date: 14 June 2008

By STAFF REPORTER

NEWCASTLE United are reported to be ready to move for Zenit St Petersburg's attacking midfielder Andrei Arshavin.

The current Russia captain, who is in Austria and Switzerland for Euro 2008 squad, is the latest player to be linked with a summer move to St James's Park.

The Daily Mirror reports that Arshavin is available for around £11m.

He missed Russia's opening Euro 2008 4-1 defeat to Spain through suspension, a ban he completes today as his country faces a crucial group game against Greece.

Coach Gus Hiddink will be hoping his side beat Greece to set up the possibility of clinching a quarter-final place in Wednesday's final group game against Sweden, when Arshavin will be available for selection.

The 27-year-old has played all his career with the St Petersburg side and was the man of the match as he set up the two goals which saw the Russians beat Rangers 2-0 in last month's Uefa Cup Final at Manchster City's Eastlands stadium.

The versatile Arshavin can play eith up front, wide or as a midfield playmaker.

He has made 211 appearances for Zenit since signing for them in 2000 and has scored 44 goals.

He has 34 caps and 11 international goals.

Just a warning to everybody, the "In principle if they made an offer I would be interested."quote is from the January transfer window and is not new.

Still fingers crossed we actually pull this one off.

What I find funny is all these players linked, we have bid £10mill for Gomis, £6mill for Rangers keeper, £11mill for Arshavin and KK is not even in the Country, so its iether KK has no say in who we buy or all these links are utter bollocks.

Some may say KK will have left a list of who he wanted before he went on holiday, but come on be real, most of the players that sign for any club want to meet and talk to the manager they will want convincing that they will be a big part of the managers plans and will get 1st team football. The rest of the stuff IE wages and contract stuff is not down to the manager to sort but the chairman.

Yes its annoying to see other clubs sign players whilst we do nothing as KK is away on holiday but I am sure we will be making progress as soon as he is back, we just need to stop believing every story in the press.

£11 million for a 27 year old.. seems unlikely.

How old is Woodgate? Genuine question btw.

Edit - just checked and he was 28 in January and went for £8m.

Only £3m more for a (relatively) injury free Arshavin.