Arda Turan?

Guest hindu times

I wonder if we do sign him, will he want to keep his squad number from Galatasary?  Its 66 by the way!  :idiot2: Think its something to do with regions they were born in or something? think i read that somewhere!

He makes beating players look easy.

He does, I agree. He has a touch of Gazza about him, of course Gacoigne's genius was football intelligence ( the only type he had) and top drawer end product. I don't know enough about Turan to know if he has those qualities.

He reminds me of Georgi Kinkladze the way he glides past people, he seems to be able to change direction really quickly which leaves defenders stranded.

aye he does a bit...but i'd hope not as kinkladze,though fantastic in spells never dominated games and was very often crap.

http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?artid=13498_3583583&id=55

Turan Deal Almost Done - VIDEO

By Ken Waugh - 19/05/2008 06:47

It is thought that we are trying to complete a deal for Galatasaray's Arda Turan, if correct, the deal should be completed within the next two weeks and could see the departure of both Emre and Duff.

A reported £8.5m price tag will be offered up, with a possibility of moving Emre in the other direction as "bait", quite why anyone would want Emre as a replacement for a decent player is beyond me at the moment, this offering is still well short of the £15m the Turkish outfit are asking.

For those of you who aren't aware of Turan, he's 21 year old and plays left wing, apparently he can play on the right side too, he's played 60 times for Galatasaray, scoring 20 goals.

As he is predominantly left, I see this as the end for Damien Duff, and possibly N'Zogbia, although after a recent statement from the latter, saying he wants to stay on Tyneside, and the fact that Duff has told close friends he want's away, it would seem the Irishman is away, this is backed up by him putting his house up for sale. Maybe he could sign for the Mackem Pikey Revolution.

With Euro 2008 starting shortly, Galatasaray may want to hang onto Turan, his price tag will soar even more, or maybe justify the £15m should he do well for Turkey, however, his agent and father is reported to already have had talks with a senior member of NUFC over a reported £1.2m contract.

It seem we aren't the only team after Turan, Spurs are thought to be considering a move, whilst Barcelona and Sampdoria are keeping tabs on the lad.

Take a look at this compilation of him, looks a tricky player but as was stated to me on our message board, Youtube always makes them look good, unless your Titus Bramble.

Should also be noted that Emre and Turan share the same agent (at least according to wiki). Don't think Emre will leave this summer though.

Guest GAMMELL

http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?artid=13498_3583583&id=55

Turan Deal Almost Done - VIDEO

By Ken Waugh - 19/05/2008 06:47

It is thought that we are trying to complete a deal for Galatasaray's Arda Turan, if correct, the deal should be completed within the next two weeks and could see the departure of both Emre and Duff.

A reported £8.5m price tag will be offered up, with a possibility of moving Emre in the other direction as "bait", quite why anyone would want Emre as a replacement for a decent player is beyond me at the moment, this offering is still well short of the £15m the Turkish outfit are asking.

For those of you who aren't aware of Turan, he's 21 year old and plays left wing, apparently he can play on the right side too, he's played 60 times for Galatasaray, scoring 20 goals.

As he is predominantly left, I see this as the end for Damien Duff, and possibly N'Zogbia, although after a recent statement from the latter, saying he wants to stay on Tyneside, and the fact that Duff has told close friends he want's away, it would seem the Irishman is away, this is backed up by him putting his house up for sale. Maybe he could sign for the Mackem Pikey Revolution.

With Euro 2008 starting shortly, Galatasaray may want to hang onto Turan, his price tag will soar even more, or maybe justify the £15m should he do well for Turkey, however, his agent and father is reported to already have had talks with a senior member of NUFC over a reported £1.2m contract.

It seem we aren't the only team after Turan, Spurs are thought to be considering a move, whilst Barcelona and Sampdoria are keeping tabs on the lad.

Take a look at this compilation of him, looks a tricky player but as was stated to me on our message board, Youtube always makes them look good, unless your Titus Bramble.

Should also be noted that Emre and Turan share the same agent (at least according to wiki). Don't think Emre will leave this summer though.

There's a f*cking surprise.

8m + Emre is a good business, and if that's the end of Duff it's even better.

However I wonder how expected to sign within 2 weeks=almost done.

Work Permit?

that would be days. more likely just the way transfers are done thse days.

Work Permit?

Yeah transfers do take longer nowadays but work permits take longer at this time of year as well.

Work Permit?

Yeah transfers do take longer nowadays but work permits take longer at this time of year as well.

they know he'll get a work permit so that would be the last thing to tie up. the deal could be complete before getting it. i'm fairly sure many deals have been tied up before a work permit has been granted (in some cases knocked back then appealed)

Work Permit?

they know he'll get a work permit so that would be the last thing to tie up. the deal could be complete before getting it. i'm fairly sure many deals have been tied up before a work permit has been granted (in some cases knocked back then appealed)

I think they sign the contracts with a clause in saying the contract will become leaglly binding upon the issue of a valid work permit.  I recall that happening with Alves at Boro. 

I saw a program on how deals are conducted nowadays not sure how accurate it was but they said they wen't like this.. 

You make a bid, the fee is then generally negotiated which takes a while and during this period the selling club makes the bid public to atrract bigger offers, the player/agents will then travel across to one or more clubs for discussions, a contract is then offered after negiotiations, the agent will then generally tell his client to go away and think about it whilst he tells the other clubs interested of the package (roughly) to see whether they will match it and the player will join a club

You make a bid, the fee is then generally negotiated which takes a while and during this period the selling club makes the bid public TO SPURSto atrract bigger offers, the player/agents will then travel across to SPURS for discussions, a contract is then offered BY SPURSafter negiotiations, the agent will then generally tell his client to go away and think about it whilst he tells SPURS they are interested in the package (roughly) to see whether they will match it and the player will join SPURS

or so at least 2 folk on here reckon

You make a bid, the fee is then generally negotiated which takes a while and during this period the selling club makes the bid public TO SPURSto atrract SMALLER offers, the player/agents will then travel across to SPURS for discussions, a contract is then offered BY SPURSafter negiotiations, the agent will then generally tell his client to go away and think about it whilst he tells SPURS they are interested in the package (roughly) to see whether they will REDUCE IT IN LINE WITH THEIR PAY STRUCTURE it and the player will join SPURS

or so at least 2 folk on here reckon

FYP

Don't see why, if the article is true, we are using this lad to replace more than 1 player in our already threadbare squad.

Apparently KK wants to keep Emre if you can believe whats been written in the Journal link.

Don't see why, if the article is true, we are using this lad to replace more than 1 player in our already threadbare squad.

theres a chance he may not be the only player we bring in