The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest optimistic nit

to be fair, i think that assistant refferee put his flag up about 4 times when there was no offside. he looked like a complete dickhead as well.

wanted greece to go out, but russia really seemed to have the refs on their side today. i think sweden will beat them in all honesty. i fancied them for an upset before the tournement, but they just seems to be a lack of belief coupled with suicidal defending at times. Sweden's experience should see them through, but i still want russia to win.

FT. So the current title holder gets eliminated after just two matches.. A first?

Doubt it.

Didn't France get knocked out last tournament without even scoring a goal?

2002 aye.

FT. So the current title holder gets eliminated after just two matches.. A first?

Doubt it.

They beat us first game. (assuming your talking about the last Euro's)

Doubt it.

They beat England. Might have been Japorea 2002

If Turkey and Czech draw tomorrow, it doesn't goto a penalty shooutout, Czech's go through because they are higher in the Coefficients.

Not according to the BBC.

I think it's actually that if the teams are playing each other and they're on the same points then it goes to penalties, if they were on the same points and everything and weren't playing each other then it goes on the coefficient.

If Turkey and Czech draw tomorrow, it doesn't goto a penalty shooutout, Czech's go through because they are higher in the Coefficients.

Not according to the BBC.

I think it's actually that if the teams are playing each other and they're on the same points then it goes to penalties, if they were on the same points and everything and weren't playing each other then it goes on the coefficient.

Shallap.... I want penalties!

Guest Peter.Sthlm

What's 7 Nation Army got to do with Sweden?

Nothing in particular but the fans of the team (Hammarby) that is supposed to have the best atmosphere in our league sing it regularly. Therefor I guess some of their fans at the World Cup two years ago started to sing it and it has hung on untill now.

to be fair, i think that assistant refferee put his flag up about 4 times when there was no offside. he looked like a complete dickhead as well.

wanted greece to go out, but russia really seemed to have the refs on their side today. i think sweden will beat them in all honesty. i fancied them for an upset before the tournement, but they just seems to be a lack of belief coupled with suicidal defending at times. Sweden's experience should see them through, but i still want russia to win.

Russia will be a lot better with the return of Newcastle midfielder Arshavin in the next game. I think they will pull it off.

What's 7 Nation Army got to do with Sweden?

Nothing in particular but the fans of the team (Hammarby) that is supposed to have the best atmosphere in our league sing it regularly. Therefor I guess some of their fans at the World Cup two years ago started to sing it and it has hung on untill now.

they also play it pre-match

All the games kick off at 7.45pm for the last round of group games, so one is on ITV1 and the other that doesn't matter is on ITV4 today. They have to kick off at the same time so it's fair to all the teams

All the games kick off at 7.45pm for the last round of group games, so one is on ITV1 and the other that doesn't matter is on ITV4 today. They have to kick off at the same time so it's fair to all the teams

I thank you.

Can't believe we conceded that goal in the 92nd minute yesterday, it NEVER seems to happen to Sweden. Petter Hansson brought down to earth again. Still a good performance

With Ibra we'll see off Russia(how shit was Rosenberg the other day?), who actually hasn't impressed me one bit so far. The worst of Hiddinks international projects so far by the looks of it. Greece should have had their late equalizer given yesterday.

Can't believe we conceded that goal in the 92nd minute yesterday, it NEVER seems to happen to Sweden. Petter Hansson brought down to earth again. Still a good performance

With Ibra we'll see off Russia(how shit was Rosenberg the other day?), who actually hasn't impressed me one bit so far. The worst of Hiddinks international projects so far by the looks of it. Greece should have had their late equalizer given yesterday.

Don't underestimate Russia, Russia are a much different outfit with Arshavin in it.