The Euro 2008 thread: Spain are European champions

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

not to be too melodramatic, but i remember thinking before nihat's first goal when kazim kazim was screwing up everywhere that it was incredible how much you could see just how desperately nihat really wanted it, and then he went and did what he did

It's moments like those last ten minutes which are the reason why I love football so much, and wouldn't dream of not ever being a fan.

Just unbelievable :lol:

Nihat's finish for the third was f***ing incredible, amazing strike.

Absolutely. The composure was astonishing too.

Done week in and week out at La Liga

I always thought we should have signed him when he played for Sociedad. Oh well.

Just watching that goal again: look how he wheels away in celebration just after he kicked it.

did petr cech need to rush out that far? Or am I being too harsh? :lol:

Yeah he needed to narrow the goal/angle and was looking to sweep up a poor touch..

And had he been wearing his magic orange top Nihat would have missed.

Guest Alex20

F#ck me what a game, I was making fun of some turkish players like Kazim, keeper and that awful defenders of them...at 75 when it was stil 2-0 for the Czechs I turned and said to my mate ''look at Nihat, supposedly scores 20 goals a year in La liga, 2nd best league in the world, yet can't even score a goal in these 3 games''....didn't take long for Nihat to drop in 2.

I thought Arda played decent again, but he was playing against a CB on the left wing, Grygera had to play the right back, so he had a very favoring mismatch there.  That was their (the Czechs) weakest spot, the RB. I don't know why Bruckner would put a slow CB against Arda on the RB, Arda was toying with him the entire 2nd half.  The Czechs were horrible from the wings, that ultimately cost them the game.

I thought Czech was pretty horrible, on the first goal they conceded Arda's shot didn't have much power, and Czech touches it and it goes inside. He should've had that one. And not to mention the 2nd goal he conceded, dear lord.

One thing I've noticed about the Turks, they don't really play until they concede a goal.

First half they played like sh!t, same with Swiss game. In the 2nd half they went all out, without any fear, and I think that's when they played with a lot of fire. That 2nd half was the best footy in this tournament I've seen, very enjoyable.

Yep. Probably the goal of the tournament so far.

Robben's still best ! (in my opinion)

Been some great goals, actually. Really enjoying this tournament so far.

Yep. Probably the goal of the tournament so far.

Robben's still best ! (in my opinion)

Been some great goals, actually. Really enjoying this tournament so far.

Definitely, getting better by the game. Have to say Sneijders goal for me was the best thus far.

Lookslike we missed a trick when we were supposadly after Nihat a couple of years ago when he was on a free.

Still think the first Dutch goal against Italy where they went from van Bronckhorst clearing off his own goal line to supplying the cross for Kuyt to knock down for Sneijder's finish was the best goal of the competition so far: real team goal, and one of the best counter-attacking goals I have ever seen.  Despite being completely impartial and not caring about Holland or Italy, I was on my feet cheering when that goal went in, was just fantastic.