Emre Belözoğlu (now managing İstanbul Başakşehir)

Guest geordienorway

Guest guinness_fiend

He's gonna get some serious boos when Fener play Galatasaray. :lol:

Boos will be the least of his worries, to be fair. The Galatasary Ultras will probably organise a little welcome party for him (severed animal heads optional, of course).

Similar to the Dyer transfer in that a lot of people won't be sad to see him go, but once again we are losing a player that can make things happen. It's best all round if he moves on IMO - He's not suited to English football and he'll do very well in Turkey. Like others, my only concern is that he is replaced by a player of similar technical ability. We don't need any more try-hard relegation magnets like Smith, Butt or Duff.

Shame, only remember one or two good moments, especially the Free Kick against the Scum and that goal against Reading. All the best to him, but if he goes to Fener he will get a lot of s*** from Gala.

Guest toonlass

Pleased he's gone. I don't think he consistantly lived up to his potential and I was hacked off that he spent the majority of last season no-where in particular. Hope the money got for him is spent on a proper midfielder.

TAXI FOR EMREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Could and should have had more from him during his time here given that he was the only 'creative' midfielder we have/had since god knows how long. No axe to grind with him, he's just another one brought in with great hope and leaves with a pocket full of cash for not too much in return.

Soooo... that's NO* NUFC players in Euro 2008 now, is it not?

Can't help but feel a little unimpressed by that fact. We'll one of very few with no representatives, poor show.

*assuming Rozenhal and Emre do leave as it looks likely that they will

Like others, my only concern is that he is replaced by a player of similar technical ability. We don't need any more try-hard relegation magnets like Smith, Butt or Duff.

Same. I don't think thats Keegan's style but it might happen. Replace him with a couple (can't rely on one) of more consistent injury-free creative midfielders and I'll be more than happy, despite Emre on his day being one of my favourite players from the last few years.

We've only accepted an offer from Fener, Emre could easily turn down the offer. Not that I would want him to though.

Photo in the Turkish media of him wearing a Fener shirt. Think that pretty much means it's a done deal.

Guest sicko2ndbest

BBC saying transfer fee could be £8m. Brilliant deal if we've got that much.

wont be anywhere near that, more like 4