Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Glad we have signed someone, given the guessed fee I'm hoping this boy has the talent.  I've heard of him before through the Spiderman thing from scoring, but can't recall watching a full match with him in.  Some promising comments about him if you google the lads name though.

Just pleased this will shut up some of the "OMGZ LYK DER IS NO SIGNINGS, OMG SACK THE BOARD".

Signing came in with no rumours before hand, kinda shows that most rumours are total s****.

Roll on the next signing... :)

TBH I think the more mature dicussion has been coming from those on the 'impatient' side of things. It's the others that have been posting crap like this in response. They even resort to administrators of this very forum starting gloating "i told you so" threads, after 1 signing that no one know much about !

There have been a few very good posts from people such as TT and and mrmajorism (sp?) about the need to break the cycle of panic buying by being proactive in the transfer market and making early moves, if you chose to interperate that as OMG panic panic panic, then so be it.

Don't take anything ShiteaM says literally, we all know he's either a WUM or completely insane.

As always, I think the more "mature" or "reasoned" discussion has come from those on the fence, who don't give the same type of answer to every single story/piece of news of a similar nature. There's been crap from both sides, from what I've seen... as well as "very good posts" at times, I should hasten to add.

dunno like...i've been right all along.

Aye, that's a given though mate!

nooo. you were supposed to ask what my line was then i'd reply that i'd forgot.

Glad we have signed someone, given the guessed fee I'm hoping this boy has the talent.  I've heard of him before through the Spiderman thing from scoring, but can't recall watching a full match with him in.  Some promising comments about him if you google the lads name though.

Just pleased this will shut up some of the "OMGZ LYK DER IS NO SIGNINGS, OMG SACK THE BOARD".

Signing came in with no rumours before hand, kinda shows that most rumours are total s****.

TBH I think the more mature dicussion has been coming from those on the 'impatient' side of things. It's the others that have been posting crap like this in response. They even resort to administrators of this very forum starting gloating "i told you so" threads, after 1 signing that no one know much about !

There have been a few very good posts from people such as TT and and mrmajorism (sp?) about the need to break the cycle of panic buying by being proactive in the transfer market and making early moves, if you chose to interperate that as OMG panic panic panic, then so be it.

Don't take anything ShiteaM says literally, we all know he's either a WUM or completely insane.

As always, I think the more "mature" or "reasoned" discussion has come from those on the fence, who don't give the same type of answer to every single story/piece of news of a similar nature. There's been crap from both sides, from what I've seen... as well as "very good posts" at times, I should hasten to add.

I'll try harder next time. It's hard to punch above my weight so much though, you're on another level entirely.

I'll try harder next time. It's hard to punch above my weight so much though, you're on another level entirely.

:snod:

Great news first one through the door ,that blows the "we will not sign south americans story out the water " that was mentioned by the toon transfer crew a few month back .

Great news first one through the door ,that blows the "we will not sign south americans story out the water " that was mentioned by the toon transfer crew a few month back .

Aye, because didn't Keegan say the South Americans thing himself, during that interview with Mick Lowes? He never said he wouldn't sign any.

"I'm less keen on South American players coming into this country, that doesn't mean we won't get any but it's a big move for them. I would prefer to sign players with Premier League experience. I think there is probably a balance between the two."

We didn't sign anybody until the 2nd day of the transfer window so the panickers are right to moan, OK.   :clap:

We didn't sign anybody until the 2nd day of the transfer window so the panickers are right to moan, OK.   :clap:

Dear me are we going to start this whole, "well technically the transfer window only opens on July 1st", crap yet again ??

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/02/Feature-The-Craic/?facets/great-britain-locale/sport-space/football/

Finally, how excited are we to see Jonas Gutierrez arrive in The Premier League? For a start, by Newcastle’s standards (Marcelinho, Luque, Enrique), this guy will be another laughing stock in the Titus Bramble bracket.

:rolleyes:

Almost a gurantee that the t*** hasn't seen him play too. No doubt going by the fact that Boss Nass didn't play him

Good stuff, heard of the player never seen him play though. Hopefully will turn out to be a good signing and the first of many this transfer window.

I don't believe that all negative comments about the lack of early signings is always "OMG panic panic panic", just that some have come across that way.  Hence why I've stated that this signing may shut up "some" of the negativity that was a bit unjustified at times.

Aye, because didn't Keegan say the South Americans thing himself, during that interview with Mick Lowes? He never said he wouldn't sign any.

"I'm less keen on South American players coming into this country, that doesn't mean we won't get any but it's a big move for them. I would prefer to sign players with Premier League experience. I think there is probably a balance between the two."

If we've got another signing lined up (which wouldn't surprise me, if we're going about it this way, ie no leaks to the media) - then he'll probably of 'Premiership origin'. If those comments are anything to go by, anyway.

Its one signing, that looks like it has been done on the cheap, its nice to get someone through the doors, but we've a lot of work to do. So lets not pretend we've won the lottery or found that final piece of jigsaw which has been long missing down the back of the couch, because in truth, half the puzzle is still missing. A starts a start though.

I don't believe that all negative comments about the lack of early signings is always "OMG panic panic panic", just that some have come across that way.  Hence why I've stated that this signing may shut up "some" of the negativity that was a bit unjustified at times.

As there have been plenty of other posts for those of the opposing view who have only been too happy call anyone worrying about  the transfer policy of the club, a "OMG panicer <insert comically smiley here>".

Its one signing, that looks like it has been done on the cheap, its nice to get someone through the doors, but we've a lot of work to do. So lets not pretend we've won the lottery or found that final piece of jigsaw which has been long missing down the back of the couch, because in truth, half the puzzle is still missing. A starts a start though.

^^^^^This.

Looks to be a decent signing and I'm curious to see what the final fee was.  We need more but hopefully this is the dominoe that tips over a few more.  Like a lot of others have said, it's cool to see this happen under the media's radar.

And since they haven't been referenced yet...

I guess Spurs didn't want him?

;D

How the fuck was I gloating? I admitted I know nothing about this player. People said things would happen, and they have. That's about it.

Nice one suggesting I should be posting differently just because I'm an admin btw. Bollocks.

Very true, I'm not under any illusion that everything is rosey again.  I won't judge whether the transfer window has been a success until it shuts, but that's my way of doing things.  We have plenty of time to nail some more signings, just hope they all turn out to be decent ones.

Fair enough. At least it'll shut people up for a day or two though. ;)

Guest cfhpantera27

was a bit bored, so just done a quicky in photoshop....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/cfhpantera27/jgspiderman.jpg

lol, hardly my best work. just guessing number 8 as its been available since Dyer left?

Is this a Keegan or a Jimenez/Vetere organised transfer?

The Spanish links suggest Vetere may suggested the player, but the question is - does it matter how it was arranged as long as Keegan is happy?