Jonas Gutierrez signed from Mallorca on 5 year deal

magorific

Guest icemanblue

I'm not saying that, but he took time to get into the Villa game as well, I just hope we aren't rushing him back, as soon as he was fit we threw him straight in. He just needs to get set and keep to his basics.

Yep. That's exactly what he needs, tips from you.

I'm not saying that, but he took time to get into the Villa game as well, I just hope we aren't rushing him back, as soon as he was fit we threw him straight in. He just needs to get set and keep to his basics.

:lol:

Guest elbee909

Nixon OUT!

Guest Heneage

k thnx luv u bi x

• 2 months later...

Won't be a popluar comment, especially from me but his crossing is no better than Milners. He gets into quality positions and fair play to him he has managed to get himself there but how many balls into the box today hit the first Sunderland defender?

Would definitely rather have him than Milner but he needs to work on his crossing as much/more than Milner did.

Guest Heneage

He can work on crossing though, his driving stamina and just sheer presence will be massive for us in these last few games.

Fair enough his crossing needs work but how many times was he the only person looking like running at their defense?  Taking on 3 or 4 scum and still coming away with the ball.  For me, one we can't afford to let go. 

Slightly pissed at how he seems to be targetted for shitty fouls.  Has had almost twice as many committed against him as anyone else.

Frustrated me to no end today. If we're to use him as our sole channel of attack, he needs to at least deliver one telling final ball, otherwise he might as well be in the center of midfield and we should've kept Insomnia. FFS.

He just doesn't cross the ball. That's not the way he plays.

He struggles to even pass it into someones path though. Fair enough he doesn't have someone with the movement of Owen in the box but it soon got to the point when you could predict exactly what he was going to do everytime he got he ball outwide along their 18 yard box.

The amount of times he tried to play it short and Shola just looked at the ball instead of coming to it was embarrassing. We get two half decent strikers with movement or a CM that actually supports the attacks then you'll see just how good Jonas can be.

Think this 'no final ball, he can't cross etc' is just ridiculous.

The amount of times he tried to play it short and Shola just looked at the ball instead of coming to it was embarrassing. We get two half decent strikers with movement or a CM that actually supports the attacks then you'll see just how good Jonas can be.

Its not today, he just couldn't do it. If that was Milner out there we would have been ripped a new arsehole today as he was a lot last season.

Guest Heneage

He just doesn't cross the ball. That's not the way he plays.

He struggles to even pass it into someones path though. Fair enough he doesn't have someone with the movement of Owen in the box but it soon got to the point when you could predict exactly what he was going to do everytime he got he ball outwide along their 18 yard box.

I think when the quality around him improves so will he, its rare our midfield make themselves available, they very much work on the idea of, "I'll wait for it to come to me" If he was at an Arsenal where everyone moves he'd rarely mis place a pass.

On another note, how good did Jose and Jonas look as a left side.

Its not today, he just couldn't do it. If that was Milner out there we would have been ripped a new arsehole today as he was a lot last season.

and rightly so....

and rightly so....

Some games he put in a lot more quality balls than Jonas did today but still got slated, even though it was just Martins in the box.

Love him! Wonderful link with Enrique as well. That's partnership we NEVER would have had with Riise there.

Its an un-orthodox one though. Due to his woeful crossing the link up is an essential one, really we need Enrique over lapping more and trying to get balls across.

Jonas is doing a great job of sucking the ball and players into the corner then free-ing Enrique up for the cross.

Should be in another thread but the very thought of losing Enrique is horrifying.

Guest firetotheworks

He crossing was shit today, but Im willing to overlook that because of everything else he had. Heart, skill, intelligence, persistence, strength, endeavor. He could be better, but so could 100% of our team. Jonas is the least of our worries.

Man what a player he has everything,has to work on the final ball was so poor today but he more than made up for it with his passion hardwork and skill.When Obas back it will help him alot.Movement up top was a bloody disgrace,they were like  standing statues.

Man what a player he has everything,has to work on the final ball was so poor today but he more than made up for it with his passion hardwork and skill.When Obas back it will help him alot.Movement up top was a bloody disgrace,they were like  standing statues.

So he doesn't have everything?

Shame he's suspended against West Brom, he was so inspired today. Loads of running and is so good at taking players on. Would be a lot more dangerous if we were dangerous from set pieces.

Fuck, just remembered that :doh:

Shame he's suspended against West Brom, he was so inspired today. Loads of running and is so good at taking players on. Would be a lot more dangerous if we were dangerous from set pieces.

f***, just remembered that :doh:

Ohh yeah,shit man! :weep: