Bassong: Agreement made with FC Metz.

Stu

I lived in France most of my life and have to say i am more familiar with Ligue 1 than Prem to some extent. definitely not a good player but considering how tight we are, he might be a good option for another body. if things are better, i will say no. really really lousy player or he will not be trotting half the globe looking for a job.

Support a French team then.

Like most french in Paris, the lady supports PSG so in way i support them as well. yes yes yes...another supposedly big club in decline.

You want to meet up to watch some pre-season games?  :knuppel2:

I am in Singapore now for work. will be going back france next week or so and then maybe a break. already promised the lady to go Japan to take a break. maybe i will go watch one of the matches but these days am too busy.

Yeah, i didnt think you watched too many toon games as you know fuck all about our squad. 'Geremi hardworking' :lol: the lame twat can't even jog properly.

Still, nice to know you can watch DVDs of every player we are linked with but cant find the time to watch us play  :laugh:  :thup:

Guest elbee909

really really lousy player or he will not be trotting half the globe looking for a job.

I am in Singapore now for work.

Figures.

really really lousy player or he will not be trotting half the globe looking for a job.

I am in Singapore now for work.

Figures.

ROFL! :bluestar:

.com have picked up on it, by no means a guarantee but they tend to only mention those things that have some substance, which makes me think he's likely to be on trial monday morning

On trial according to the Sunday Sun

Martins is not gunner move

Jul 13 2008

Obafemi Martins

OBAFEMI MARTINS is staying at Newcastle — after Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger insisted he is not interested in him.

Amid renewed speculation linking Martins with the Gunners, the Sunday Sun understands Wenger has discreetly informed United officials he has no plans to move for the Nigerian striker.

Instead, Wenger is confident of landing Blackburn’s Roque Santa Cruz as a replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor if the Togo striker leaves for Barcelona.

Meanwhile, former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd is eyeing Shola Ameobi as his first signing if he buys Real Mallorca.

Story continues Continue story

ADVERTISEMENT

Shepherd will make a written offer of £20 million for the La Liga club on Wednesday, with a possibility that a deal could be done by the time United visit Mallorca for a pre-season tournament early next month.

And Shepherd has identified three Premier League players he would like to take with him to Spain, with Ameobi thought to be one of them.

Back on Tyneside, Newcastle have been offered Argentinian goalkeeper Mariano Andujar — currently with Estudiantes — and, not for the first time, Real Madrid’s attacking midfielder Julio Baptista.

And Metz defender Sebastien Bassong is on trial at St James’s Park.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/14/Ligue-1-Bassong-on-Newcastle/

Sebastien Bassong has confirmed he is joining Newcastle United for a week's trial.

The Metz defender will leave the Ligue 1 club's pre-season training camp in order to link up with Kevin Keegan's Magpies.

Although Everton have also been linked with the 22-year-old, he is pencilled in to work with Newcastle next week.

"It's a very good thing for me," said the stopper.

"Newcastle are not nothing.

"I will give everything and we will see how my situation is later."

Thanks pal. :lol:

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/14/Ligue-1-Bassong-on-Newcastle/

Sebastien Bassong has confirmed he is joining Newcastle United for a week's trial.

The Metz defender will leave the Ligue 1 club's pre-season training camp in order to link up with Kevin Keegan's Magpies.

Although Everton have also been linked with the 22-year-old, he is pencilled in to work with Newcastle next week.

"It's a very good thing for me," said the stopper.

"Newcastle are not nothing.

"I will give everything and we will see how my situation is later."

Thanks pal. :lol:

Must mean we are something.

MaetihS is Shiteam back to front. Is this supposed to be the case? Because you consider Newcastle to be a Shit Team? Or is it your name?

Sorry, I know it's off subject, I just thought I'd ask....

MaetihS is Shiteam back to front. Is this supposed to be the case? Because you consider Newcastle to be a Shit Team? Or is it your name?

He's a mackem mate.

MaetihS is Shiteam back to front. Is this supposed to be the case? Because you consider Newcastle to be a s*** Team? Or is it your name?

He's a mackem mate.

Ah right. That explains why his name is shit team back to front.

Purely on the basis that MaethiS thinks he's shit, I reckon he could be a top player. Sign him up, Kev!

The next Boumsong/Marcelino/Rozenhal/Cacapa*

*your own favourite flop.

:bluestar:

Guest MaetihS

MaetihS is Shiteam back to front. Is this supposed to be the case? Because you consider Newcastle to be a s*** Team? Or is it your name?

read my other posts. sorry very tiring to explain so many times

Guest MaetihS

Purely on the basis that MaethiS thinks he's s***, I reckon he could be a top player. Sign him up, Kev!

on the basis when i was initially blasted in this forum that i feel duff, smith, geremi, are not good signings and that they will drag us further down the table than up when we first signed them? good sign him then and watch us fly :)