Bassong: Agreement made with FC Metz.

Stu

I'd never heard of him until he came on trial and didn't see his runout at Doncaster so I have nothing to go on, but hope he turns out to be a good signing. Best of luck to him and welcome to the club.

I'm guessing he's signing as a backup DL/DC so it's primarily about getting numbers in for the start of the season. I trust Keegan's judgement of players and if he likes the guy then that's good enough for me.

Guest BooBoo

I see this as KK Mark 3's equivalent of Mark Robinson

A squad filler who will get the odd run out in the starting XI.

Doesnt this lad play left back as well? To be honest i wasnt bowled over by his performance against Doncaster  at CB but if he's more adept at playing LB then he'd be a shrewd squad signing.

Guest BooBoo

Sweepstake on hours before NE5 comes into this thread stamping his feet like a little girl.

I say 3hrs. He should be pretty pissed by then.

I assumed the old soak was always sloshed?

I've never seen him play and a pre season friendly against Doncaster is hardly the best place to judge, however Keegan has had the benefit of having him in training all week so he can compare him to what we've got, if he thinks he's worth signing then I'll go along with his judgement.

Didn't KK tell his agent the club have had their eye on him for a while?

Doesnt this lad play left back as well? To be honest i wasnt bowled over by his performance against Doncaster  at CB but if he's more adept at playing LB then he'd be a shrewd squad signing.

The question is: was George?  :pow:

Oh and FAO Dave: I'll take 4hrs.

A defender from a team relegated from lique 1, FFS didnt we learn our lesson from last season by getting shite centre halfs from woeful french teams, this just goes to show how mediocre we have become, shame on the person who said earlier that it was a better signing than Chimbonda take the black and white glasses of you imbecile i know who id rather have

A defender from a team relegated from lique 1, FFS didnt we learn our lesson from last season by getting shite centre halfs from woeful french teams, this just goes to show how mediocre we have become, shame on the person who said earlier that it was a better signing than Chimbonda take the black and white glasses of you imbecile i know who id rather have

:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal_Chimbonda : After Bastia were relegated to July 2005, he left the club, turning down an offer from Olympique de Marseille, and moved to Wigan for £500,000 on a three-year contract.

The finest trampling of one's own argument I've ever seen on here. Well played.

So youd rather spend 8m on a french defender from a top scottish side?

A defender from a team relegated from lique 1, FFS didnt we learn our lesson from last season by getting s**** centre halfs from woeful french teams, this just goes to show how mediocre we have become, shame on the person who said earlier that it was a better signing than Chimbonda take the black and white glasses of you imbecile i know who id rather have

Chimbonda signed for Wigan from lower-league FC Bastia, in France.

Worse than even NE5's posts, wp.  :lol: