Bassong: Agreement made with FC Metz.

Stu

I've changed the title slightly because everytime I log-on to the forum and see, "Agreement made with..." on the main page I keep thinking it's going to be about Coloccini. :lol:

Have we not officially signed the motherfucker like?

.cock say that a few formalities haven't quite been completed. Probably his international clearance, the French can be quite slow at this.

Why name him in the Mallorca squad then? If his clearance isn't through, he can't play any part in the games can he? :dontknow:

I've changed the title slightly because everytime I log-on to the forum and see, "Agreement made with..." on the main page I keep thinking it's going to be about Coloccini. :lol:

.cock say that a few formalities haven't quite been completed. Probably his international clearance, the French can be quite slow at this.

Why name him in the Mallorca squad then? If his clearance isn't through, he can't play any part in the games can he? :dontknow:

He played in that friendly last week so I guess he can.

It is a non-competitive fixture, so we can play whoever we like as long as the registration holder gives permission, and I'd describe this deal between NUFC and Metz as very amiable.

It is a non-competitive fixture, so we can play whoever we like as long as the registration holder gives permission, and I'd describe this deal between NUFC and Metz as very amiable.

Sounds right actually.  :thup:

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

hope he turns out to be the next bernard or distin for us and not another french flop.

NEW BOY Sebastien Bassong has paid tribute to the Toon Army for making him feel so welcome at Newcastle United.

Bassong is hardly one of the household names United supporters expected to see this summer, but is already enjoying cult status on Tyneside.

The French ace has been getting to know his new team-mates during the club’s trip to Majorca, but fans were baffled at Doncaster when an unknown figure emerged wearing the No 46 shirt.

Fans chanted ‘46, 46, nobody knows your name’ to the tune of the Phillippe Albert song of the 1990s.

And he told the Chronicle in his first interview: ‘When I played, I didn’t hear the songs.

“Afterwards, when I was told, I was very happy that they sang about me on my debut.

“Maybe I will get a smaller number!”

Kevin Keegan is set to use Bassong as back-up to the first team this term, but the man signed from Metz said: ‘I am very happy to be at the club – it is a very good thing for me.

‘The manager told me he was happy with me against Doncaster, and I was happy to sign for Newcastle.

“He said he wanted to put me in the team in the future, but he also said if I am ready to play now, I will play. The best players will play.

“Everybody has helped me settle in and feel good at Newcastle.

“I know it is a very, very big club with a very big history.

“Some big players have played for this club and it’s like a dream for me here.

“I know I have to work hard to take this chance.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/08/04/sebastien-bassong-sings-praises-of-toon-army-72703-21461090/

Perhaps Newcastle’s lack of a recognised and experienced centre-back that can work with Steven Taylor is also beginning to show' date=' as even Sebastien Bassong confessed he is a back-up player, despite the promise shown at Doncaster and against Real Mallorca.[/quote']

Fuck off Oliver. How much did Taylor's dad give you for that one?

Perhaps Newcastle’s lack of a recognised and experienced centre-back that can work with Steven Taylor is also beginning to show' date=' as even Sebastien Bassong confessed he is a back-up player, despite the promise shown at Doncaster and against Real Mallorca.[/quote']

f*** off Oliver. How much did Taylor's dad give you for that one?

That's the key part :lol:. I wonder who could actually work with Taylor.

Cracking big performance last night matched only by the huge turn around from the two twats commentating on Setanta.

They were twats weren't they? Riled me right up at the start when one of them was like "Steven Taylor, who I think was the clubs Player of the Season last year..."

It's like nobody knows Beye exists and if they do they just don't give a crap.  :rolleyes:

Don't want to read too much into friendlies but he has been decent.

Indeed, much bigger and better strikers in the Prem for him to come up against but still showed a good reading of the game, good strength and pace, can tackle too.

Don't want to read too much into friendlies but he has been decent.

Indeed, much bigger and better strikers in the Prem for him to come up against but still showed a good reading of the game, good strength and pace, can tackle too.

I'll take any pre-season positives right now.

His positional sense was what impressed me. That and his recovery ability. He doesn't seem the most dominant coming onto the ball heading at the moment, and he's not dynamite with the ball at his feet. But his open play positioning is already better than Tayls and Faye i would say.

His positional sense was what impressed me. That and his recovery ability. He doesn't seem the most dominant coming onto the ball heading at the moment, and he's not dynamite with the ball at his feet. But his open play positioning is already better than Tayls and Faye i would say.

After a couple of pre-season games? :lol:

After a couple of pre-season games? :lol:

To be fair, it wouldn't take five minutes to see whether or not someone is better than Taylor. Although the bit about his heading (excluding the chance from the corner) is completely the opposite of what I saw personally.