Toon tell Owen to accept £30k a-week pay slash... says the Mail

Kaizero

NE5 mate, I responded to your post because it was horseshit.

Thanks for confirming I'm not following you around.

Like I said, go away and try to understand the phrase, but if you can't, then stop following me around.

As Wullie has pointed out you can't admit when you're wrong.

THE. POST. WAS. CRAP.

Admit it please, it makes everyone's lives so much easier.

NE5 mate, I responded to your post because it was horseshit.

Thanks for confirming I'm not following you around.

Like I said, go away and try to understand the phrase, but if you can't, then stop following me around.

As Wullie has pointed out you can't admit when you're wrong.

THE. POST. WAS. CRAP.

Admit it please, it makes everyone's lives so much easier.

If you don't understand it, its really not my problem.

You can admit you're following me around now. But I'm not really arsed if you do or not because I'm not bothering to respond to you again in this thread.

I'm starting to get concerned about this whole saga. His new contract should have been sorted out by now and with him coming public, it must mean there's a problem.

Surely, we need to either meet his demands or sell him immediately, in order to get someone else in here in time. Injury prone or not, we're in bad shape if we don't have him here this season.

I'm starting to get concerned about this whole saga. His new contract should have been sorted out by now and with him coming public, it must mean there's a problem.

Surely, we need to either meet his demands or sell him immediately, in order to get someone else in here in time. Injury prone or not, we're in bad shape if we don't have him here this season.

tbh the whole situation reeks of amateurishness

Keegan spoke to BBC Radio on Sunday though, and he is confident the Newcastle skipper is on the verge of committing his long-term future.

"Hopefully, that will be sorted out within the next two or three weeks," he said.

Touch wood,  maybe a bit of pressure on Ashley to up his offer there too.

Guest Phil K

I think if any other "top club" were interested in even his lower rate, Owen would have been off.

They probably look at his good strike rate, then look at his lay-offs and think "Not at £80K, chuckles. No way"

I think if any other "top club" were interested in even his lower rate, Owen would have been off.

They probably look at his good strike rate, then look at his lay-offs and think "Not at £80K, chuckles. No way"

Yeah I wouldn't touch a player with a 1-in-2 strike rate either.

Guest shearer_united

The worth of Owen has deteriorated over the years. He obviously is not the Owen he was 5 years ago. Therefore he should not be demanding the wage of what he should have demanded 5 years ago. The question is will he accept the fact?

Guest ObaStar

I think ameobi like should get owens contract like. its just that ameobi is just so ameobi like u know what i mean. i think if we had 12 ameobis in our starting 11 we would win the league like. when ameobi went to stoke last year like almost broke my heart. but to ameobi start the last 2 games like has really given me hope in a greater purpose of NUFC like.

Guest Chubby Jason

Just seen MO in my local gym in Cheshire, he's always in there. He saw my NUFC shirt and gave me a smile and a thumbs up, this surely indicates that he's staying. :pow:

Just seen MO in my local gym in Cheshire, he's always in there. He saw my NUFC shirt and gave me a smile and a thumbs up, this surely indicates that he's staying. :pow:

:lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

Should ask to spot for him next time.

We could have a whole Micky Owen training camp thread then.

Get you to take some cheeky snaps with you whipping him with a towel after a great workout.

bluelaugh.gif you are writing my dreams.

He always has someone there with him. A few Newcastle players go in there, I've seen Duff working out with his PT and my mate has seen Joey Barton in the sauna(!) Apparantly he was having a conversation with some guy and every other word was "fuck", "fucking prick"...

Should ask to spot for him next time.

We could have a whole Micky Owen training camp thread then.

Get you to take some cheeky snaps with you whipping him with a towel after a great workout.

bluelaugh.gif you are writing my dreams.

He always has someone there with him. A few Newcastle players go in there, I've seen Duff working out with his PT and my mate has seen Joey Barton in the sauna(!) Apparantly he was having a conversation with some guy and every other word was "f***", "f***ing prick"...

Sounds like he was kicking off again

He was probably looking over your shoulder at a bloke in an England top.

Guest neesy111

all parties taking their sweet time sorting this like ???

i think we should be concentrating signing players, then once we have our targets then start contract talks

Thought it was about time this was bumped. We need to get this situation sorted out; I'd like to think we get the contract sorted before the season starts or the end of August latest. If we don't this will be hanging over what he will do come January & there will be a line of clubs in the meantime tapping him up for a pre contract in January & we could lose him for nowt. It would cost millions to replace him and whilst he hasn't been value for money it would compound the whole thing by letting him go for nowt.

Of course he may be saying he hopes to stay but in the end doesn't sign up.....................................