So who could we sign that would pacify you?

Dave

You know what. I am pacified.

Until Keegan comes out and says that he has been undermined by the board and Wise in who he can sign every player signed is a good un for me. And if KK wants a player to stay (including Smith) then also fine.

As of yet we don't even know if KK fancies the 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 4-4-1-1 etc etc. Therefore how can we judge the logic of his signings?

If it doesn't work Keegan will fall on his sword, then the inquisition can begin. Until then, IKWT

Guest teepee

so a bid for unrealistic signings

swp (not impossible!)

asharvin

gomis

van der vaart

podolski

zigic

Seeing how it looks all of Blackburn's good players are packing up and leaving, we might as well finish the job by going in for Santa Cruz.

Surely the rumors of Arsenal wanting him can't be true. I think we'd get him for 10m-ish.

(braces for the news that he's signed for Arsenal tomorrow morning)

Are you even reading my posts? If Bentley can't join a top four club, he goes to the one(s) who look most like breaking into that group next season. Do you honestly think we're as close to the CL spots as Everton, Villa, Spurs* etc? Are we fuck. Of course we'd have a chance though, I never said we wouldn't. Again you're putting words into my mouth saying I'd be resigned to losing out and comparing me to that fucktard shitteam. How exactly do you know we're not moving for players like Bentley anyway? Because the clueless press haven't mentioned us? See my other thread - looks to me like they don't have the fucking foggiest about what we're planning.

re Bentley and where he would or would not go.

The "we can offer more money than Spurs or Villa" thing is a bit of a red herring.

The following facts are known amongst Villa fans at the moment.

1. Bentley had talks with MON two weeks ago. They went well.

2. Villa have offered Blackburn more money than Spurs (confirmed by board member).

3. Villa have offered Bentley more money than Spurs have (confirmed by board member).

4. Bentley is umming and aahing, but the one thing that keeps coming up is that he wants to go to a London club.

5. Villa are about to sign Friedel. Blackburn want Robinson to replace him. Spurs can get around the fact they're on a limited budget by offering a part ex deal involving Robinson.

6. Bentley will go to Spurs, Robinson will go to Blackburn plus some money, Friedel will go to Villa.

If point 6 doesn't happen, I'll come on here and eat my hat.

Points 4 - Bentley wanting London (which, incidentally, almost makes me hope we don't sign him if he's bothered mainly about shopping and clubbing), and point 6, Blackburn needing a new goalkeeper, are the salient points.

This kind of shit isn't as easy as "offer him more money", esp not these days when everyone has money.

Salt and Pepper with that hat Brummie mate ?

SSN reporting Villa bid for Bentley

I dont see villa as a step up. granted i am a touch biased. Spurs bound 100% me thinks.

Just wondering if Villa are just trying to get Spurs to do something about it. Be interesting to see if they submit a counter bid in the next few days

Bentley is never worth over £10m for me. First of all that is not the position we need to straighten up, for us it would be better to go for more players that may be slightly worse him than pay silly money for decent players.

Bentley is never worth over £10m for me. First of all that is not the position we need to straighten up, for us it would be better to go for more players that may be slightly worse him than pay silly money for decent players.

agree about bentley totally, if he wasn't english and the 17m fee bullshit was being span everyone would be laughing like fuck - bentley is a prime example of the lack of top class talent in the english game these days, he's good but he's not even one of the best players in the EPL imo

might get better in a better team is suppose, but does anyone see him (assuming he signs for spurs say) going into a game against the "top four" and dominating it?

me either

Guest Deep456

Some Argentine called Messi or something like that.

Found him on FM. Turns into a class player after a few years

Are you guys WUMing or just plain 'thick as a brick', he's an absolutely brilliant player- very famous, and he'd never come here.

[/deep]

HAHAHAHAHHAH, any more of those and I will die laughing.

Guest Deep456

so a bid for unrealistic signings

swp (not impossible!)

asharvin

gomis

van der vaart

podolski

zigic

gomis and zigic are realistic.

Guest elbee909

Lets worry more about defenders please lads....

I don't think the defence is all that bad tbh.

Lets worry more about defenders please lads....

I don't think the defence is all that bad tbh.

the defenders aren't all that bad but at too many times last season the defending throughout the teasm was atrocious.

Beye, Taylor, Faye and Enrique are far from the worst back 4 in the league. Add a top class defender or two to that and we are looking pretty sorted there. Obviously we don't have much cover though.

We definitely need a big striker and some creativity in midfield though.

Are you guys WUMing or just plain 'thick as a brick', he's an absolutely brilliant player- very famous, and he'd never come here.

[/deep]

HAHAHAHAHHAH, any more of those and I will die laughing.

[/deep]

Worth a try ;)

Beye, Taylor, Faye and Enrique are far from the worst back 4 in the league. Add a top class defender or two to that and we are looking pretty sorted there. Obviously we don't have much cover though.

defending aint just about the back 4

It was here for the most of last season :(

Yep, someone who can hold the ball up in attack and some creativity in our side will help keep the pressure off the defence. Forgot to add we could do with a replacement for Butt.

it's been my constant rattle on this and every football forum i've ever been on...defending,like attacking is a team thing. blaming the back 4 alone for the defending is like blaming a forward for a lack of goals when he is getting no support or service.

that and "attacking" and "defensive" midfielders...the best ones and the ones we ought to be looking for if  we are going to 4-4-2....do both well

it's been my constant rattle on this and every football forum i've ever been on...defending,like attacking is a team thing. blaming the back 4 alone for the defending is like blaming a forward for a lack of goals when he is getting no support or service.

that and "attacking" and "defensive" midfielders...the best ones and the ones we ought to be looking for if  we are going to 4-4-2....do both well

I agree. I actually think Barton could do a "Rob Lee" if he could get his head right, on what he did for Citeh anyway.