Currently you are feeling...

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cautious.  At the minute we have let more go than we have got in, BUT those that have been let go had little or no impact on the team last year through being crocked (Ramage / Emre / Carr), shite (Carr and hopefully Shola) or reserves (Triosi).

Still feel that we need around six more bodies in at least though as the lack of numbers made squad rotation impossbile from the moment that Keegan came back through the door in January.

Guest Badhead

Cautious as to weighing up our prospects I suppose, but not prepared to commit to a view one way or another till the end of the window, as 99% of the discussion about our club just now is based on unsubstantiated speculation.

The only thing that bothers me particularly is Dennis Wise, who I've always detested anyway. I sincerely hope Keegan is involved in the negotiation process, because I don't see how this no-mark cockernee twat is in any sort of position to sell the club or the area to anyone.

In what way Diablo?

The highest vote for concerned? I really don't see why anyone can be at this stage, unless people are actually listening to Nicko and the likes, we've proven already this summer that we're operating on the sly and to me that is a good thing, but it seems people are getting worked up by the fact we're in getting linked to to mind blowing players. In mid August I'll be slightly concerned if we haven't gone anyone else in, at the moment we have two players that everyone knew jack shit about until the deals were virtually done, can you not recognise the fact we could sign a player tommorow realistically? As for players we're looking at, KK's already said he thinks we need some players who use the ball better in midfield, so i'm not worried about that either. What is there to be concerned over?

Guest BooBoo

Cautious as to weighing up our prospects I suppose, but not prepared to commit to a view one way or another till the end of the window, as 99% of the discussion about our club just now is based on unsubstantiated speculation.

The only thing that bothers me particularly is Dennis Wise, who I've always detested anyway. I sincerely hope Keegan is involved in the negotiation process, because I don't see how this no-mark cockernee twat is in any sort of position to sell the club or the area to anyone.

Again this is press fuelled paranoia but in todays Chronicle its was (apparently!) Wise who said no to Frings and Wise who turned down a bid for Carroll. I do hope that KK is involved in transfer negotiations as any prospective players are gonna want to meet that guy they're going to be playing for!

Guest Badhead

The only thing that bothers me particularly is Dennis Wise, who I've always detested anyway. I sincerely hope Keegan is involved in the negotiation process, because I don't see how this no-mark cockernee t*** is in any sort of position to sell the club or the area to anyone.

Again this is press fuelled paranoia but in todays Chronicle its was (apparently!) Wise who said no to Frings and Wise who turned down a bid for Carroll. I do hope that KK is involved in transfer negotiations as any prospective players are gonna want to meet that guy they're going to be playing for!

I must say I don't buy the 'Wise makes the decisions' stuff, for the simple reason that there is no way Keegan would work under such constrictions. It's more the idea of having Wise sitting down (or perhaps standing up would be better in his case) with a Modric/whoever, with the task of persuading the lad that Newcastle is where he should be playing his football. He was a nothing player, and he knows nothing about Newcastle. How the fuck is Dennis Wise going to swing a 50/50 deal?

But I'm slightly irrational when it comes to Wise I suppose, as I cannot stand the man - hopefully I'm doing the horrible little cunt an injustice.

Seen much or any of Gutierrez have you Jamie?

1 player that has never played in the premier league before won't turn us into a top 6 or 8 side

What glorious logic. :lol:

Guest BooBoo

Seen much or any of Gutierrez have you Jamie?

1 player that has never played in the premier league before won't turn us into a top 6 or 8 side

Adding Bellamy and Robert to a side that had previously finished 11th took us up to 4th in one season. The league was weaker then but i guess it does show the impact that one or two players can have if they are the right ones. However, i'd be hugely surprised if Guiterrez has the same impact as Robert.

So why are you even believing it then?  ???

If you (rightly imo) recognise it as bollocks, why are you concerned that KK may not be involved? Just seems a strange thing to say.

Guest BooBoo

So why are you even believing it then?  ???

If you (rightly imo) recognise it as bollocks, why are you concerned that KK may not be involved? Just seems a strange thing to say.

Your right tbh, i really should stop buying/ reading that rag.

Guest microbar

Concerned we have one of the smallest squads in the premiership,

And therefore no one is going to be fighting for there place this coming season.

Ashley has openly admitted keegan has to sell to buy.

Looks like another mediocre season that could end in a relegation battle

If we get more than our fair share of injurys in such a small squad.

Concerned we have one of the smallest squads in the premiership,

And therefore no one is going to be fighting for there place this coming season.

Ashley has openly admitted keegan has to sell to buy.

Looks like another mediocre season that could end in a relegation battle

If we get more than our fair share of injurys in such a small squad.

All that's fair enough and I can understand why people are twitchy.

That said, do you really think Keegan, Wise, Vetere and Jiminez are doing nothing everyday? They are aware of all of the legitimate concerns you've outlined and I'm sure that they're working hard to bring bodies in. They're not thick and I trust them to get us ready for the new season. :)

Guest newcastle4life

Cautious we need signings but still time left so not to worried but that could change in next few weeks if nothing happens. Hopefully i will be very happy before the season starts.

Err.... concerned.

Just incase all those cautious guys hadn't noticed, the start of the season is less than one month away, we have already started pre-season training, we have our first pre-season game this weekend ffs.

Willing and hoping to be proved wrong but concerned, if everything was going according to plan surely, surely it would be a good idea to have most new players in before pre-season training started, picking up a couple more before the window closes. As we all know, it'll take a few weeks to bed new players in, isn't that what the pre-season is for?

Anyway, nowt wrong with a bit of concern!

Guest stjamestoon

Yeah im a bit fuckin worried. The fact we are dealing quietly is good, but the players that are coming in arent really that mind blowing. We are linked with relegated teams players..larrson, i fuckin saw we were linked with Quedrue...i mean come on...really? Fuckin wigan and bolton have currently shown more ambition than us so far..

It just pisses me off that its so obviously easy to see what our team needs, but why year after year we seem to do nothing about it is frustrating...We must have money...Most teams get taken over and have funds..we get taken over and ambition wise are worse off than when fat fred was in charge..

Guest want_nufc_to_be_big_club

We have a good manager, we have a handful of good players, and I don't believe any of this nonsense in the papers.  But I'm still concerned, and I will be until we have a squad that is capable of being competitive at the level I expect (which is, for me, a 10-12 point improvement on last season).  That isn't blaming the board or being negative....it is a legitimate, realistic assessment of our chances with the players we have.  There are two issues:

1) We have 13 first team players at the moment.  Putting aside for a moment the question of how much quality those 13 players possess, if we experience anything like the injury crises we've endured in recent seasons, we'll be in big, big trouble.  This is not a squad you take into a Premiership season. 

2) I haven't forgotten or forgiven how poor some of our squad were last season.  That applies not just to the obviously terrible (Alan Smith, Damien Duff) but also to the regular underperformers (N'Zogbia, Viduka, Milner, Taylor, Butt, Geremi) who are going to form the basis of the team next season.  There is room for improvement from many of those listed, but it is completely unfair to expect Keegan to reach the top 7 or 8 with a core of players that have made a habit of disappointing.  His own performance will be judged on the performances of these players, and they have done nothing but let us down recently.  I love Keegan, I want him to succeed again, and I'm afraid that some of the people on here that are the most optimistic today will be the first to place the blame at the manager's doorstep if the players I have just listed let us down again. 

I'm not losing sleep at nights just yet, but we aren't where we need with 6 weeks until we go to Old Trafford and that should be a real concern. 

Top Post.

Well im concerned too.

1 month left and still we signed only 2 players one of which is more then average and anonymous

The worrying thing is that we are linked with shit players.I know that if we are linked with someone in the papers that doesnt mean its true but still.

FFS...

Man City are bidding for Ronaldihno. :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

WTF...

What happened...

4-5 years ago we were miles ahead of teams like Man City,Tottenham,Portsmouth,Everton...

And now is completely different.

With the new owner is the same.

No real ambition imo.

This is Ashley's second summer transfer window and i must say there is no indication that he'll give a big transfer kitty to Keegan.

IMO something in the region of £50M will show some ambition.

Its not enough to wear the black&white jersey and sit alongside the fans.

To bring good players you need good money otherwise we'll sign more Guthries's in the coming weeks.

Quick, Bobo Balde is available on a free, maybe half of us can imagine we paid 10m for him and people will calm down.

Well that and the currently unconcerned logical people will be up in arms.

There is a long way left to go in the transfer window, more than likely a huge amount of players that will over the coming weeks suddenly change from being un-available to interested in moving.

Lots of time to make sure we get the right players that are right for the club at the stage its currently at. Just because they might be great players elsewhere doesnt guarentee a player would fit into what we have or what we want to create as a squad here.

Keegan knows what he is looking for and more than not he will get it, im confident in that, even if it falls to the last day of the window.